Recommitted Lachie Neale [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

So pick 10 and 11 for Neale but hogan is worth pick 3 and 9 ?

If a 178cm contested ball winning beast with average disposal is worth picks 10 and 11 then a young generational key forward is worth three first round picks.

You can't have it both ways freo supporters. Neale can't be worth close to hogan.

If we are offering pick 3 and Neale for Hogan and Neale is worth two first then isn't that the equivalent of 3 firsts for Hogan?

If we recieved two firsts for Neale then yes. We wouldnt be able to if we only got 1 first as we wouldnt be able to make the 2 first rounders in a 4 year period requirement.

What did Scott Selwood get? Band 3 or 4?

Selwood was band 3. Restricted. He got about $1.6m over 4 years I think. About 2.5 years younger than Mayne will be.

Suckling band 4, unrestricted. Think that was about $1.1ish but I'm not sure. Same with Leuey (restricted). Both about a year younger at the time than Mayne will be.

So given age and wage inflation may have to get $1.3-1.6m over 3 years or maybe $1.7-2.1m over 4 years to get band 3.

It's a closed book process so hard to know for sure. But hard to see Mayne commanding a big enough deal to get band 3. He's currently unrestricted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad Vozzon, I think Freo are ok but I think Port come out decent winners at Melbournes expense. I think Neale is worth a good amount more then Port are giving up and Hogan is certainly worth more then Melboure are getting.

Yeah i agree, but was trying to get the main parts of the deal in theory, still think more would be needed to be exchanged to satisfy parties (specifically melbourne).

Also relying on players pushing to leave there respective clubs so it makes the clubs actually come to the trade table.

After the bulldogs game, its clear port need another mid of neale's caliber.

Yeah i agree, but was trying to get the main parts of the deal in theory, still think more would be needed to be exchanged to satisfy parties (specifically melbourne).

Also relying on players pushing to leave there respective clubs so it makes the clubs actually come to the trade table.

After the bulldogs game, its clear port need another mid of neale's caliber.
All good points. Port lost the clearances 34 - 46 and stoppages 22 - 29. Not panic stations numbers, but would indicate an area they need to address.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back