Recommitted Lachie Whitfield [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interested to see what his value would be.

Rumours of Saints interest, pick 10 would probably be on the table.

Contracted until end of 2018 means that may be slight unders.

Absolute Gun, I think all Vic Teams (maybe barring hawthorn) will try to lure this guy over.

Funnily enough Hawthorn is the one that is repeatedly linked to him on BF.

We keep on hearing that we're into him in a big way and not just on here but a bit in the media as well.

I suspect we're hoping or knowing that he wants out after the fiasco last year that now sees him suspended and that GWS will need to free up some cap space if they want to keep Kelly in particular and maybe to a lesser extent, Hopper.

Not sure why we wouldn't just go after the better, more rounded and uncontracted Kelly though.

Edit: Having now thought about it more since wring that, perhaps if it's true we're going hard for him instead of Kelly it's because we believe we've got someone like Fyfe over the line and don't want to have to spend another mil a year on a Kelly, when we could get a not-that-much-inferior Whitfield a fair bit cheaper.

Last edited:
Lol, do they've think a second round pick is going to be enough? Hahaha
Player maybe. Not sure they'd want to trade players though. Last time Clarkson did it from scratch but be easier if he had a few senior players from last time I think.

We keep on hearing that we're into him in a big way and not just on here but a bit in the media as well.

I suspect we're hoping or knowing that he wants out after the fiasco last year that now sees him suspended and that GWS will need to free up some cap space if they want to keep Kelly in particular and maybe to a lesser extent, Hopper.

Not sure why we wouldn't just go after the better, more rounded and uncontracted Kelly though.
He's physically light and will be never be the inside player Kelly is. He is a very skilled outside mid though and best 22 with us. He also tough enough to take the knocks he gets.
Whether he's available is speculation.

2018 pick 1 for Whitfield and pick 18!

In all seriousness hawks dont have alot to play with here unless there is players from both sides involved.
Sure you do. Next year's first ought to get it done unless you turn things around massively this year and look like you might be a top 8 side again next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would need to wait until we see where you finish and whats on offer.

I would say 1st rounder.

If the club thinks so highly of him that they give him a massive pay packet then obviously he is worth allot at the trade table.

Nothing to say he wont stay anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Obviously a first rounder, but in what range

As of right now, I reckon he's worth a mid first, as he's good but not great and has not had a lot of really big games. This could change by the end of the year though.

That would be a terrible move. Probably a top 5 pick.

Hard to rebuild without bringing in any kids
He's still young though, so if you're bringing in someone who could be at your club for 10 or more years it's not much different from bringing in someone from the draft.

If they did give up next year's first they would presumably get something back, like a 2nd-rounder this year, which they could use in the draft.

Not saying it's how I'd go about it though. If I were in their position I wouldn't go spending my 2018 first on him I don't imagine.

Would like him at the Saints but I'm a little worried what he might cost. If he was originally a second round pick and wasn't contract he'd probably be worth an early second. The fact that he is a former number one pick and he is contracted means Giants would push for something valuable. I wouldn't want to give up any more than a mid to late first.

Would like him at the Saints but I'm a little worried what he might cost. If he was originally a second round pick and wasn't contract he'd probably be worth an early second. The fact that he is a former number one pick and he is contracted means Giants would push for something valuable. I wouldn't want to give up any more than a mid to late first.
Can't buy a Ferrari with food stamps

I've watched a lot of him over the years. I won't just judge him off one game though. He's a very good player but if he wasn't a former number one pick I doubt you'd be arguing that he's worth any more than a mid first round pick.
Regardless of draft position he is a gun. I'd rather have him than whoever is available in the draft at 10.

I've watched a lot of him over the years. I won't just judge him off one game though. He's a very good player but if he wasn't a former number one pick I doubt you'd be arguing that he's worth any more than a mid first round pick.
Of course we would.

Theres no risk to him as he is a gun.

Youre not drafting on hope but trading on actual proven performance and development.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back