PNess

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2003
Earth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Best case - 6th with Carlton and Sydney getting smashed. Doggies have too strong %

screenhunter66jun151034.jpg

Worst case - 9th getting smashed by Scum, our % should keep us in 9th

screenhunter67jun151037.jpg

Likely (according to betting markets) - 8th

screenhunter70jun151046.jpg

For now, sharing a game break with Kangas, who have a s**t % will help us stay in the 8 should we drop a game in the next few rounds.

Likely outcome is the best. Best is 2nd best.

Keep top 4 close. 2 wins and we are there.

Hell, top two isn't out of the question

Good analysis. Collingwood typically play very well against Sydney and after their disappointing performance against the Dees, they'll be up and about you would expect so that component is a possibility. Freo look to be slipping back to the pack however and Carlton are so hot/cold that they'll probably be back up for this game.

I'm thinking the most likely scenario will be the one that plays out and that's not such a bad thing. We just have to keep taking as many wins as we can and by the end of the season there should be enough of them there to make the finals.

Hawks cans still stay in the 8 if they lose as long as North, Lions and Port lose too, but i dont think we want to go down that bridge again.
Lets just stick to winning..

Better long term if Carlton and Sydney win I reckon. Bring a top 4 spot within striking distance.

Better long term if Carlton and Sydney win I reckon. Bring a top 4 spot within striking distance.

I only create scenarios for the end of the upcoming round in respect to ladder climbing.

Long term, too hard to predict. Top four is out of the question for mine. We have to win every single match and gain some massive percentage.

I'd just be happy to:

1. Make the 8
2. Avoid an interstate final

Hawks cans still stay in the 8 if they lose as long as North, Lions and Port lose too, but i dont think we want to go down that bridge again.
Lets just stick to winning..

Be hard for all those three to lose in one week, considering that North are playing Port.

May the Bombers win! :p

I only create scenarios for the end of the upcoming round in respect to ladder climbing.

Long term, too hard to predict. Top four is out of the question for mine. We have to win every single match and gain some massive percentage.

I'd just be happy to:

1. Make the 8
2. Avoid an interstate final

Fair enough. Either way, our real hope is just to keep eeking out as many wins as we can, with a few thrashings for good measure.

Would love for us to repeat our performance against Carlton. A big win is something we need just to get our percentage up if we wanted a chance at a top 4 finish, that said I'm hoping we just take it week by week and don't get too far ahead of ourselves. Beating the scum would bring me much joy

Fact is unless we can hammer sides like Essendon we are really wasting time worrying about finals. We need to give them an absolute flogging and get to 7-6, and then try to knock over the dogs, saints or cats over the next five weeks. We have a tough run to the finals.

In the final 9 weeks of the season we play 6 of the 7 sides above us, and the power/demons/Lions. We HAVE to knock over every side below us to have a chance of finals action, that would mean we need to knock over two or three of the 6 top sides to make the finals as 12 or 13 wins should be enough.

Provided the current group can stay fit we are an ultra competitive unit and could even squeak into a posi in the top four, top 8 is more likely.

It would be one of the biggest recoveries of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back