Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 26 Team Thread - ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Barrybran - S26 Mateflon Winner ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was gold.

I've tended to call it orange, I think it's probably on the line between the two. I'll refer to it as orange-gold.

What needs stirring? I'm ready
Ooohhh yes Reg welcome back to the snazziest and least accountable defense in the land my friend!
We've got the top of the table Demons coming up, will be great to have you in the mix (stir, blend, etc...) and giving Matera92 a quick rap around the ears if he gets out of line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooohhh yes Reg welcome back to the snazziest and least accountable defense in the land my friend!
We've got the top of the table Demons coming up, will be great to have you in the mix (stir, blend, etc...) and giving Matera92 a quick rap around the ears if he gets out of line.

Snazzy and unaccountable is my middle name. I still need counselling, thanks Mum and Dad

While you lazy buggers were sleeping I compiled every game we've ever played, hope you enjoy having a scroll through. Will be using it to find out a bunch of match records tomorrow night.

Season 5 to 7
Season 18 to 25

Onya Dav, above and beyond as always. :thumbsu:

#Legendary

Cheers guys! Some damn interesting stuff in there. For example, the year we won the premiership, we had a net finals margin of -62! Lost the first week by 69 points and then won the next three by 3, 2 and 2 points.

Cheers guys! Some damn interesting stuff in there. For example, the year we won the premiership, we had a net finals margin of -62! Lost the first week by 69 points and then won the next three by 3, 2 and 2 points.
#BearlyDoesIt

CHAMPION Dav!

Untitled-1.png
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
In the Sweet FA, rivalries and feuds are amongst the most enjoyable aspects of the dynamics of the league. Coming up against a club or poster that you have developed a rivalry with is something to be anticipated and heralded. However, the nature of the league, with the amount of player movement and the emphasis on posting and banter, means that rivalries are ultimately shortlived. I want to change that, and honour a derby formed by the blood, sweat and tears of qootballers before us, a rivalry that demands respect.

The Bears and the Dragons have a long history together stretching back to Season 5, when both teams were established. In fact, the first ever game of both clubs was against eachother, the Dragons prevailing by 4 points thanks to a late cameo by a certain Ljp86. They would play a further 5 times across the next 3 seasons until both entities ceased to exist at the end of Season 7 - the Bears folded, and the Dragons merged with the Southern Sharks. In another twist of fate, the last round of Season 7 saw these two clubs face off once mor eone last time, this time the Bears victors by 10 points. It would be another 11 seasons until they met again, and in the true nature of the contest, the Bears won by 1 point in the return of the rivalry. But the ultimate showdown came in Season 22, when the Bears won their first and only flag by just 2 points in one of the most exciting Grand Finals of all time. As you can see, there is genuine qooty history on the line when these 2 teams play.

The idea behind this derby is that it will transcend posters and posting itself; it is all about the qooty, the performance on the field, and so no matter which posters are playing for which side, there will always be a rivalry there. It is my pleasure, alongside captains JoshWoodenSpoon, Blaze Storm and Hatchy1992, to announce that from now on the Las Vegas Bears and Dragons FFC will compete for the hilly-Pie 4 Life Cup whenever they play eachother, named after the two founders of the clubs, both of whom are still on the clubs' lists.

We will hopefully be announcing the name of the Best-on-Ground Medal at some point, but it is likely our first game will not be until Season 27. Until then, enjoy yourselves, but know that when you step onto the qooty field next in this fixture, you'll competing for a little more than premiership points.

Hey Bears, i look forward to making your qooty lives a complete, and utter misery for the rest of your qareers :)
You must mean you're joining our conditioning department?! Because we'll be putting your playing career to rest the next time we play. :skull:

Just came here to insinuate that the Bears players have poor personal hygiene and their romantic partners are generally at- or below- median on a subjective physical attractiveness scale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back