Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 27 Colonnade - ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ TANDY S27 MATEFLON WINNER ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 714193

Well well well, wasn't this a tall ask. Heading north-west to climb frosty Mount Buller, bringing with them a 2 goal penalty complements of the excepetional intermin leadership of Cadaver. But as they had shown all season, no challenge was beyond the Bears (at this point). In classic fashion, League Legend Jezmiester40 stepped to the plate late in the third and put through an integral goal. And then to start the fourth quarter, League Legend Jezmiester40 stepped to the plate late and put through an integral goal. And then midway through the last, League Legend Jezmiester40 stepped to the plate late and put through an integral goal. In what would be their final act as captain, the familiar voice of JoshWoodenSpoon danced across the carefully curated turf: "PLATYPUS FORMATION". With communal and instantaneous knowing, the side reacted. Setting up just as they had done twice of their four attempts at training a couple seasons ago, the fabled setup shambolically came into place. A listless Tarkyn_24 found himself with the ball directly in front. A casually-minded commentator might assess the situation as dire for the Bears, but we knew better than that. With the Preliminary Final Platypus Formance (PFPF) assembled, there was no room to operate for the eighteen-time FRED Medallist, whose true kick would have put his side into the Grand Final with a shot at going back-to-back. Alas he kicked it into sante's head and the Bears won and it was glorious and we're the best.

Qooty:
5 - Jezmiester40
4 - Doctor Gero
3 - Farm Boy
2 - Sausages
1 - Tandy

Posting:
3 - Test Tickle
2 - Tandy
1 - MWPP
Yeah thanks for the tag.

ATTENTION

And now for a very special moment in Las Vegas Bears history. As one of my final acts while people still listen to me, I find great pleasure in offering the most esteemed glory that a club can bestow upon a player. Even more so that this individual was the one who first guided (see: agressively coerced) me to the mighty Bears. You all know him: hilarious, aloof, reckless, sassy and outlandishly petty. All at once right there ready to support you or to sell you out like the cunning spiv he is. So without further ado, I'd like to invite the one and only Matera92 to the stage to join the most prestigious club in all of Sweet, alongside Club Heroes hilly and Dingster, please put your hands together for Premiership Captain, two-times Best and Fairest* winner, champion ******* bloke, and this evening's eponymous gentleman, the King of Vegas ....

I may not have made this quite clear enough.

SPARKLE 2.png
MATERA92 IS INDUCTED INTO THE LAS VEGAS BEARS HALL OF FAME

SPARKLE.png

Dingster you are right!!
It was a real edge-of-your-seat thriller!!

Last season was the one where I teased about him getting in.
He's actually in this time!
IN!!!!
The Hall of Fame! With Ding and hilly!!
Right in there!!
The satisfying capitulation!
HE'S INNNNNNNnnnnnnn!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh I cooked it didn't I...

I may not have made this quite clear enough.

View attachment 714263
MATERA92 IS INDUCTED INTO THE LAS VEGAS BEARS HALL OF FAME

View attachment 714264
Grats on my premiership co-captain on being inducted to the Bears HOF. He becomes only the third Bear to be awarded the keys to Vegas and it's through his dedication that heavily influenced the culture the Bears enjoy today. Well deserved Matera. It wasn't all sweet sailing though. Let me recount Cadaver's inspiration by sharing this PM with The Filth Wizard who was admin at the time. This is why we love you. ❤

1563886548051.png
1563886598069.png
1563886644386.png
1563886683881.png
1563886730578.png
1563886773136.png

Apologies for being somewhat absent during the festivities, crime never sleeps and all that.

First of all, huge congratulations to Tandy for joining the exclusive (and still Geroless) club of Mateflon winners. Wherever you go, as long as you have a stove and some eggs, you'll never be hungry again. A massive LOL to Doctor Gero who's now desperately trying to burn 12,000 "Suckit Matera92" T Shirts he had made up, prematurely celebrating his apparent win. :p

Secondly, it is a hugely unexpected honour and a privilege to be the third player inducted into the Bears HoF, to be placed alongside club legends hilly and Dingster is truly something I've never even considered.

This club has been such an awesome place to be since day 1, and I've gone from a loud mouthed, jumped up forward pocket writing cheques his ass couldn't cash, to a loud mouthed, jumped up, two times BnF winner, premiership captain, All SFA captain and now club HoF inductee who's still writing cheques his ass can't cash. Tis but one more honour I'll be able to look back on when my time here is done and say "Hey Doctor Gero, remember the time that I was inducted into the Bears HoF and you weren't?"

To everyone that pulled on the boots for us this season, what a fantastic season S27 was, terrific posting crew, quality banter and we nearly stole another cup, and pissing off half the league while we were at it.

The Bears continue to set the standard for successful expansion sides and it's because of each and every one of you that we are such a great team. I can't wait to see how the new additions add their unique flavour to the Bears brand as we continue to go from strength to strength.

Cadaver , I want to wish you the best in your journey as captain, I know you're primed for the challenge, and just know, that no matter how bad it gets, I'm only 12inches of stainless, japanese forged steel away. ;)

Lastly, but certainly not least, I'd like to give a MASSIVE thank you to JoshWoodenSpoon , not only for putting on the BnF, but for all his work as captain since he took over from me. I knew you were going to absolute kill it in the role, but never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined just how damn amazing you were going to be. You've done an outstanding job and truly represent everything that is great about this club. You've exceeded every expectation I had of you as my successor and you've done it with style.

To you I raise a glass.

HqY6ptL.gif

Grats on my premiership co-captain on being inducted to the Bears HOF. He becomes only the third Bear to be awarded the keys to Vegas and it's through his dedication that heavily influenced the culture the Bears enjoy today. Well deserved Matera. It wasn't all sweet sailing though. Let me recount Cadaver's inspiration by sharing this PM with The Filth Wizard who was admin at the time. This is why we love you. ❤

View attachment 714270
View attachment 714271
View attachment 714272
View attachment 714273
View attachment 714274
View attachment 714275

Mate, you're making me out to be incompetent or something. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's not much in the game that thrills me more than a consistently engaged rookie. Showing up each week, taking in the puzzling scenarios and giving things a red hot crack. T2 is a focused qootballer and is very well attuned to the game. He's also proved a valuable teammate who knows what's best for the side. Let's take a look at some highlights from Thomas II's FIRST EIGHT MINUTES EVER OF QOOTY:

Now that is a talent!!! It's been fantastic having you about the club T2, looking forward to you strutting your stuff again in S28. :fire:
How many qooty players have their career highlight in their first 8 minutes ? :cool:

Cheers boys and girls, will be stepping up S28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back