THE BEAST
Sep 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
sfc, AUCC
G'day bomber fans,
Have heard alot about these two and even saw a bit of Davey in the SANFL last year. Both look pretty special and I have found myself taking a liking/interest in them. Is either or both of them going to get a go this season, and if so a consistant go?
See the above also re: Gumbleton, I have heard he is an outstanding prospect but perhaps this year is a little early for him and will not play.
Good luck for '07 (except rnd 1 ;) ).
Apologies if this has already been covered but havn't been able to find much.
Cheers guys

davey will kick four goals against you guys in round 1 and he will have between 8-12 tackles.

jetta will towel up stiffy. and gumby will be there for moral support.

but seriously....davey will play 22 games, jetta is a 50-50 chance for round 1 (it depends who you ask), and gumby is no chance to play early in the year. he will only get a game this year if we are hit by injuries or we are tanking, i mean playing the kids.

is griffin the only debutant you guys will be playing????

hulld is pretty much right.

Davey will get a vey good go.
His tackling efforts are unlike anything I have ever seen at Essendon.
If he keeps that up, it will make a huge difference!

Jetta will play but it's not really a cut and dry case.
So we'll wait and see for him, I'd say he will play round 1!

Won't expect to see Gumby early on, but Sheedy must give him a few games at some stage this season!

Possibly, and he will probably go out of the side when Maric comes back. There has been talk around Sellar but realistically he won't play until next year because its just not that kind of season for us.
Richard Douglas is one to watch, a virtual debutant, played only the last few games but should get regular games from now on, expect a rising star nomination from this fella.

Possibly, and he will probably go out of the side when Maric comes back. There has been talk around Sellar but realistically he won't play until next year because its just not that kind of season for us.
Richard Douglas is one to watch, a virtual debutant, played only the last few games but should get regular games from now on, expect a rising star nomination from this fella.

i heard sellar had been dropped to sanfl seconds???

He's very very young, turned 17 (yes 17) today actually.
He played 8 games for the seniors in the SANFL last year.
His goal for this year should be to become one of the first picks for the bays and kick perhaps 30-40 goals, he has great potential but right now that really all it is.

you were one of the crow supporters who were a bit iffy about whether to pick him up or not?

or is his upside worth the risk?

Ok pretty sure you mean Sellar,
No way, I was stoked to get him, he had glandular fever during the U18 series for Aus and so didnt do so well, perhaps why he slipped to #14 in the draft. This guy is an outstanding prospect, don't know if u recall or if it was just SA hype (probably lol) but there was (only a little) talk of him going #1 or close to it. Could be a standout KPP in years to come.
PS whats the risk u are talking of?

well he is very talented but i've heard that he has struggled at senior level.
obviously he is very young though.

i'm not of this opinion, he should turn into a good player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back