Scape Goat Let's not take this out on Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that we need to keep in mind today. The idiocy of the muppets running this club is not Ryan Burton's fault.

Ryan Burton is a very talented footballer. He has a lot to offer our club. Providing we don't decide to * him off in the future because he spends too much time on Pokémon Go or some other bullshit, he's going to be a ten year player for us. So get around him. Make him feel welcome.

Welcome in advance to Port Adelaide, Ryan. I hope you're judged on your own merits as a Port Adelaide player. It shouldn't be your responsibility to mitigate the damage that Hinkley, Bassett, Cornes, Davies, Cripps and co are about to do our club today.

Agreed let’s welcome this young lad to the port adelaide faithful with arms wide open if a trade happens to go through. We as supporters will never be happy regardless what this club does. I believe in this football club as much as it all looks all doom and gloom. unfortunately you can’t win a premiership in trade week but you can help shape a list for years to come . I’m starting the 2019 season with no expectations other than hopefully seeing a total different Port Adelaide on and off the field.#foreverportadelaide

As a Hawk, I feel similar, in that I am more disappointed to lose Burton than I am excited about gaining Wingard. I really believe Burton is going to be an exceptional player.

For anyone who hasn't watched him closely:

Pros: He is a great height. Quick, poised, an elite kick (Could end up being best in the comp he's that good- takes tough high reward kicks and nails them) Good decision maker - Often trusted with kick ins and rarely turns it over. I think he will have the ability to be more an offensive weapon and potentially a winger or half forward. Against Adelaide in his first year, he moved forward and kicked 2 sensational goals outside 50 in the space of 5 minutes to turn the game. in the aflx, He kicked 2x 65 metre bombs. Aflx Means nothing, but few players could have hit those kicks at all. He really is a booming kick. Seems capable in traffic.

Questions: One V one defence. He is solid, but not outstanding. Fair enough though since he wasn't a natural defender. Can play tight. Questions as to wether he will be able to transition into the midfield, havent seen anything to suggest he has a contested side to his game, but it wouldn't be beyond him to think its not possible he could get there. I wouldn't could him soft, but isn't a bash and crash defender.

I think he will be a very very good player, Potentially in the Rory Laird / Grant Birchall mould, perhaps with a fwd ability those don't have.

Either way, he is one of the best talents we have drafted in a long time. He was SA's best draft prospect, and before he broke his leg (which is now 100% fine) he was tipped to potentially go #1. I'll be sad to lose him.

Last edited:
4 years of abject failure and the only scapegoat I see is Chad Wingard.

If this happens I will love Ryan like all the players.

Way-to-go-Ryan-meme-20479.jpg

He's not even a Port player to take s**t out on..........
Never understand the rush to be the OP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm excited about Burton also. I always wished we had him, but thought he'd stay at Hawks or end up at the crows.

Don't worry, this board has a long and well flogged list of scapegoats to get through before settling the cross hairs on Burton

Hinkley
Voss
Bassett
Chad Cornes
Cripps
Davies
KT
Koch

Don't see the need for this thread. It's almost saying welcome to Port, sorry you're a scapegoat.

It's like some of the posts over the past few days saying don't come here, everything is ****ed. Great attitude. :rolleyes:

If you see comments of Burton being bad-mouthed, report them and mods will take the appropriate action. Warnings have already been handed out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back