Recommitted Levi Casboult [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

For around 2 Million $$$$$ the Tigers can have him IMO.

Front loaded back loaded who cares and that should see band 2 ( 3 Min ) Compo in return which i am happy with as we get our 2nd Rd pick back.

500kpa (what vickery scott selwood mayne etc went on) was 2nd round compo under the old cap. With the cap going up he might have to.go on 600 for you to get 2nd round compo and more for end of 1st round.

Levi is only 27. Turns 28 next year. So a four year deal would being him to 31, hardly old. Will be a good pick up for Richmond.

500kpa (what vickery scott selwood mayne etc went on) was 2nd round compo under the old cap. With the cap going up he might have to.go on 600 for you to get 2nd round compo and more for end of 1st round.
Given Reid's re-signed, let's hope demand can net us band 3. I'm not banking on it like some of our supporters though

You're a fellow toon fan so I won't make this too harsh on you but be prepared for the following;

No arguments here, that is the only reason he is still in the AFL, excellent contested mark.

Doesn't really work that way all the time, he has played with players like Betts, Garlett and Matty Wright, all excellent crumbers but none have really worked off of him

Not sure what exactly you mean by not under pressure. He never really gets taken by the oppositions number one defender anyway. Neither Hurley or Rance have even bothered defending him

If by help out you mean give away stupid undisciplined free kicks which rob your ruckman of much needed rest, sure he will help you out.

True, but it is a long term commitment (4 years) to a very average player.

All in all, I'll be glad to see the back of Casboult. He is never going to be a gun forward and is not worth the money or length of contract Richmond will offer him.

Haha thanks for going easy on me my Toon brother!

Probably a lot of truth in all of what you've said. I guess the club would be banking that a new environment might help his development and career.

As others have said, we have a complete dearth of 'decent' tall forwards. Outside of Jack, there is not much of any note at the club. Griffiths is probably seen as our second best forward and his best goal tally is 14 - Casboult has already doubled that this season. Casboult takes more marks, slightly more hitouts and has won more frees than Griffiths. As for giving frees away Griff works out to be .92 a game whereas Casboult is only .93 (barely any difference over the course of their careers given the extra 30 odd games Casboult has played).
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...ame3=&PlayerName4=&SelectedPlayers=2026,2293,

Casboult for all his flaws, would walk into Punt Road as the second best forward at the club. Who knows, we might continue playing just the 1 key forward (Jack) and use Nank/Soldo in the ruck as it's working for us. Casboult might even just be a backup player only if we continue with this game plan.

No doubt we will probably draft maybe 1 or 2 talls this year and start planning for the future but Casboult could help fill a role for us in the next few years while the next Jack is developing - which is probably why we are into him (and given there isn't a whole lot of other good options out there...Hansen lol).

As others have said, we have a complete dearth of 'decent' tall forwards. Outside of Jack, there is not much of any note at the club. Griffiths is probably seen as our second best forward and his best goal tally is 14 - Casboult has already doubled that this season. Casboult takes more marks, slightly more hitouts and has won more frees than Griffiths. As for giving frees away Griff works out to be .92 a game whereas Casboult is only .93 (barely any difference over the course of their careers given the extra 30 odd games Casboult has played).
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...ame3=&PlayerName4=&SelectedPlayers=2026,2293,
In other words: Casboult, for all his flaws, is still an upgrade on our current options

Trust me, you Richmond supporters dont want him.

Youll be covering your eyes everytime he marks inside 50 all while muttering oh god anyone else but him. I was literally doing this last game we had when he missed the shot to put us in front late in the last qtr.

I can see the melts already. :/

Richmond will not screw Carlton around,a trade fit for both club's needs.

Hansen can stay away ty,mmmmbop....:'(
Unlike the Yarran situation, Casboult does not need a trade.
Convince him, pay him heaps ($600K pa. would be a good start) and he is yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id very much like himdown at PR.
Costagna could give him some goal kicking tips.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back