Toast Lindsay Thomas Announces Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-11-27/lindsay-thomas-joins-rookie-list

"PORT ADELAIDE has finalised its 2018 playing list with the addition of Lindsay Thomas at today’s AFL Rookie Draft.

The 29-year-old former North Melbourne forward was selected with pick 12.

Originally from Port Lincoln, Thomas played junior football for Mallee Park, the same club that produced Byron Pickett and the Burgoyne brothers, Peter and Shaun.

Thomas played 38 junior games, 11 reserves games and six senior games for the Port Adelaide Magpies before being selected by North Melbourne with pick 53 at the 2006 National Draft."

Last edited:

Will struggle to get a game imo. Lets hope his attitude has improved to help support growing our younger talent. His reported offenses last year were not good. Good luck Lindsay....

I feel the opposite, I reckon he could play Round 1. If we get 2017 Lindsay Thomas he probably won’t play much but 2012-2016 Lindsay Thomas would be a walk-up start to our side. We need goals and Lindsay is capable of providing them.

Will struggle to get a game imo. Lets hope his attitude has improved to help support growing our younger talent. His reported offenses last year were not good. Good luck Lindsay....
I reckon he will be there or thereabouts, and I think it says a lot about our current depth regardless.

As for his attitude, North fans have done nothing but heap praise on him for his leadership and attitude - particularly with their younger indigenous players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it. A 200 game “rookie”. Probably time to call it something else
Given that Steven Summerton would have been a hugely deserving 200 game rookie I call taking Thomas wasteful nonsense.

I feel the opposite, I reckon he could play Round 1. If we get 2017 Lindsay Thomas he probably won’t play much but 2012-2016 Lindsay Thomas would be a walk-up start to our side. We need goals and Lindsay is capable of providing them.
Completely agree. I think he will be playing round 1.

Seems a slightly different issue to your emotionally driven rant earlier.
Mate Lindsay is the issue, for me he is like Heath Shaw or Toby Greene is to a lot of others, really dislike him and was probably the player I'd hoped the most would never end up at Port. Just had hoped all the talk was just talk.

In my opinion he is weak between the ears too, hence his inconsistancy and his brain snaps. He has a lot of talent, I do not argue that but it comes and goes. That has to be in his head. Anyway I'm not going to go on about it, just thought I'd better explain my "emotionally driven rant"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back