Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m concerned about Hodge and next year, I would like him to stay with us, but play in the reserves, in the same role as he now plays in the seniors, this,would give his successor in the seniors a good opportunity to show his worth, but if anything goes wrong Hodge is there to jump back in

I’m concerned about Hodge and next year, I would like him to stay with us, but play in the reserves, in the same role as he now plays in the seniors, this,would give his successor in the seniors a good opportunity to show his worth, but if anything goes wrong Hodge is there to jump back in

Hodge is not playing bloody Ressies footy! Ridiculous suggestion.

HOODOOS STILL TO BREAK
* No minor premiership since Fitzroy in 1913
* Haven't won at the MCG since 2014
* Have lost 12 straight games to Richmond
* Longest winning streak (nine) since a 10-game run in 1999
Not great research there. We won 16 in a row in 2001 and 20 across 2001/2002.
1999 was not our longest streak and this is not the longest streak since.

Never going to happen. The plan is for him to move into an assistant coach role where we can still utilise his skills.

It’s almost offensive to suggest he play Neafl for the year.

Bit of talk about the team on 360 tonight.

Robbo: What do you think of the Brisbane Lions?

Nick: They’re tough. They play to the last minute. And they’re a young group.

Bob: They don’t play like a young group. They play angst-free. They’re confident. I’ve got this growing confidence in them, they’re just not flustered. Richmond at the G. Doesn’t worry them.

They also showed a graph of the players who have played in front of +70k people. Only 8 of the 22 have.

Bit of talk about the team on 360 tonight.

Robbo: What do you think of the Brisbane Lions?

Nick: They’re tough. They play to the last minute. And they’re a young group.

Bob: They don’t play like a young group. They play angst-free. They’re confident. I’ve got this growing confidence in them, they’re just not flustered. Richmond at the G. Doesn’t worry them.

They also showed a graph of the players who have played in front of +70k people. Only 8 of the 22 have.

That's enough to lead our boys into the finals........it's better than none. I didn't realise it was that many actually.

Friends of ours who have rolled their eyes at us over the years are now watching and excited about the lions. Tonight they phoned and said they’d seen a clip on the news about the lions - apparently there was a record crowd show up to the open training today. Was anyone there? How many people were there? What was ‘the vibe?’

What would have read as a BRAB fanfic a mere 6 months ago is now reality.

The Lions finish the home and away season SECOND on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a tall forward who can lead and take a mark.

Can’t wait for Payne to come in to the defence.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the plan was to talk to a few players from other clubs about a tall marking forward after today’s game. McStay just doesn’t cut it.

Very hard to get hold of a serviceable consistent key forward who can do that job for you in the trade period, most clubs will hold on to those types. If we can identify one from another club around the 22-24 years of age bracket that could be just on his way to breaking out that would be ideal, somebody who is struggling to get a regular gig at their club or who has been injured. Having a quick look on footy wire these are a few I thought of that a club may be willing to part with, I have no idea about contract status of these guys.

James Stewart, Harrison Himmelberg, Sam Weideman, Matt Taberner.

Not a very inspiring bunch, just shows how hard it is.

THE TOTALS
Lachie Neale (Brisbane Lions) WINNER 107
Marcus Bontempelli (W Bulldogs) 102
Tim Kelly (Geelong) 98
Nat Fyfe (Fremantle) 97
Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) 95
Brodie Grundy (Collingwood) 92
Patrick Cripps (Carlton) 87
Dion Prestia (Richmond) 85
Ben Cunnington (North Melbourne) 85
Max Gawn (Melbourne) 84
Dustin Martin (Richmond) 79
Matt Crouch (Adelaide) 78
Jackson Macrae (W Bulldogs) 78
Adam Treloar (Collingwood) 77

Something which may have been overlooked due to our success this year is how we absolutely DESTROYED last years trade period. Not sure any other club did better in hindsight.

- Suns pick swap
- Beams trade
- Neale, Linc, Adams

Unfortunate this year’s draft doesn’t seem to be too strong but wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back