Lions investigate Brendan Fevola complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dear god, the Carlton fans are going to have a field day with this...

Duck for cover!

Doubtful. I think most Blues fans would be happy for Fev to move on, grow up and play some good footy. Stuff like this is sad.

Does love getting the tackle out though doesn't he?

It was a wardrobe malfunction clearly.

Seriously though, it would be extremely hard to prove and it can't be ruled out that one or a few people might make this up to get him in trouble. That being said the Lions could follow St. Kildas lead and sack somebody before they have actually been found guilty of an offense. IMO the presser will not be the sacking of Fev but instead the club saying that the allegations are false and that Fev and club will fight them. The media are bored with only 2 matches on this week and are exaggerating the situation.

Family Day. Fev saw his opportunity and pounced. Maybe upon the Chairman's daughter. If the club won't allow him an early mark to be with his family, he'll do it his way - at a Family Day. In a theatrical sense, its a Mafia hit.

Can Lions pleez end this agony and get back to being a club with values and blue chips like Bradshaw?

Re: Brendan Fevola #2

It's quite possible that some self induldged bitch has thought it would be hilarious to get fev in big trouble. Hell it could have been lara bingle ringing up for all we know. I doubt he'd just flop out the sausage at a family day.

Oh dear god, the Carlton fans are going to have a field day with this...

Duck for cover!

I think you will find most Carlton fans dissapointed to hear this news ...most hoped he would clean up his act and finish his career in decent and respectful manner.

Whilst we are very happy with the deal we got from the Lions for Fev, we don't like hearing of stuff like this.

Re: Brendan Fevola #2

Yeah, the BBQ myth shows that it is pretty easy to make up a false Fev story and make it stick for a while, so we can't entirely rule out the possibility of this being a false accusation.

That said, it wouldn't even be the most outlandish thing he has done over his journey, so he certainly isn't incapable of this sort of stupidity.

Still thinking about that cap space. ;)

If the club decides to terminate his contract, they need to be very careful about it and make sure they have covered their arses. The potential to get 1.4 million dollars of cap space back over two years is a nice prospect, but on the other hand, paying 700k a year for 2 years for a player who has been wrongfully terminated is a nightmare scenario.

It was a wardrobe malfunction clearly.

Seriously though, it would be extremely hard to prove and it can't be ruled out that one or a few people might make this up to get him in trouble. That being said the Lions could follow St. Kildas lead and sack somebody before they have actually been found guilty of an offense. IMO the presser will not be the sacking of Fev but instead the club saying that the allegations are false and that Fev and club will fight them. The media are bored with only 2 matches on this week and are exaggerating the situation.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D

Question to you Lion folk, what positives can be gleaned if Fev does get the axe? Could this possibly be a good thing for your forward line etc...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From HS

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...hangs-in-balance/story-e6frf9jf-1225915882855

A source has told the Herald Sun the star will be questioned by two AFL investigators over allegations of a lewd incident outside a hotel in Wynnum, on the coast east of Brisbane.

It is understood a member of the public has lodged complaint the Fevola exposed himself to a woman while he sat in his car.

The source said the woman, a Lions fan aged in her 30s, had been speaking to the forward in the hotel.

She was then asked out to Fevola's car where the incident occurred, the source claimed.

hmmmmm.... and the story gets a little less inflammatory as time goes on. Gone from exposing himself to someone at a family day event to it happening in a car at a wynnum pub

although they do go onto say the below

The Courier-Mail is reporting the incident happened at a Brisbane Lions family day at the weekend.

almost like they're distancing themselves from their northern counterparts a bit.

Interesting that the wording says a member of the public complained about Fev exposing himself to a woman, not the woman making the complaint herself.

66 members and 193 guests on our board. Aren't we popular all of a sudden.:D

91 and 210.

Quick - sweep all the dirty clothes under the bed and lets put on a good impression.

he would have to be investigated first
He met with the powers that be this morning. If he admitted doing it then they would have established the facts.

The question is whether they have to pay him out. The carlton contract famously had no behavioural provisions in it. Hopefully the Lions got a few in a side agreement when they agreed to take him. If not it could be like Lovett who is up on rape charges but the saints still had to pay him out.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D

Question to you Lion folk, what positives can be gleaned if Fev does get the axe? Could this possibly be a good thing for your forward line etc...?
It is hard to say. We are fortunately not bereft of options should Fev get the arse. Clark played good footy as a key forward and Cornelius looks promising. Having said that, Fevola is a gun and, in the limited time that he and Brown played fit together, they looked pretty unstoppable. I don't think you fully replace someone like Fevola - you just work around it (through "unpredictable" forward lines!).

I guess the difference between our situation and Carlton's is that we have another gun forward to build a forward line around. Carlton had to patch together different combinations which worked with varying success throughout the year. Our job is a bit easier, although we don't have the spread of dangerous small forwards that Carlton has. Having said that, Brown would need to get his body right.

Fev gives sack, then gets the sack

haha, sad to hear though,
although i dont feel sorry for him one bit

He met with the powers that be this morning. If he admitted doing it then they would have established the facts.

The question is whether they have to pay him out. The carlton contract famously had no behavioural provisions in it. Hopefully the Lions got a few in a side agreement when they agreed to take him. If not it could be like Lovett who is up on rape charges but the saints still had to pay him out.

i wish i could believe we would be smart enough but after this season I cant even believe that

and to the Carlton f*****ers there is a thread in the main boad so get off your moral high horse and take your gloating over there!

I think it comes down to what he is physically paid. It might help Carltons salary cap as well if torn up.

But I think we are a LONG way from talking about this stuff yet.
I'm quite sure we only had to pay part of his salary this season. Next season he is all yours hence the salary cap issue at brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back