Lions Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

We have 11 players on our list yet to play a game(another 6 under 10 games), the next 2 debuts I'd like to see are Jack Payne and Keidean Coleman, bullish on both of them.

The others- Jaxon Prior, Ely Smith, Brock Smith, Toby Wooller, Connor McFadyen, James Madden, Corey Lyons, Tom Joyce, Tom Fullarton.

Some exciting talent there.

We have 11 players on our list yet to play a game(another 6 under 10 games), the next 2 debuts I'd like to see are Jack Payne and Keidean Coleman, bullish on both of them.

The others- Jaxon Prior, Ely Smith, Brock Smith, Toby Wooller, Connor McFadyen, James Madden, Corey Lyons, Tom Joyce, Tom Fullarton.

Some exciting talent there.

Is it confirmed there will be an east coast VFL comp in 2021? Remember hearing something about it but not sure if it was just an idea or confirmed.

Would love to see the players above in our reserves sides up against the other reserves sides from the AFL.

Is it confirmed there will be an east coast VFL comp in 2021? Remember hearing something about it but not sure if it was just an idea or confirmed.

Would love to see the players above in our reserves sides up against the other reserves sides from the AFL.
I don't think it has been confirmed, cost might be an issue as I'd assume the AFL would have to pay for the travel and accommodation costs.

Rounds 13-17 (Not in Order)

Remaining Opposition

Gold Coast Suns (Dream-time Q-Clash) - Gabba
Sydney - Gabba??
Carlton - Gabba???
St Kilda - Gabba???
Collingwood - Gabba???

- Optus Stadium (OS)
- Adelaide Oval (AO)
- Cairns (C)
- Gabba (G)
- Metricon (M)
- TIO Tragegre Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would they not be at the Gabba ?
It makes sense that the rest of our home games will be played at the Gabba, but honestly the way the season's been fixtured I wouldn't be surprised if we were forced to play our post bye games in Perth.

Why would they not be at the Gabba ?

Because we have to get dragged down to the lowest common denominator for “equality” reasons because Victorians don’t know how to wash their hands.

A quick tally of Suns homes games already 'fixed' to the end of round 12 is eight. I'd be most surprised if we don't get at least 3 more (doggies a lock) plus the Suns and Pies?

Just had a thought...

Do the Suns still own the management rights to Metricon?

I wonder if keeping money in the AFL's own pockets has any impact upon the scheduling we've seen, because it seems like we're getting twice the number of games at Metricon than the Gabba.

Just had a thought...

Do the Suns still own the management rights to Metricon?

I wonder if keeping money in the AFL's own pockets has any impact upon the scheduling we've seen, because it seems like we're getting twice the number of games at Metricon than the Gabba.
I assume the reason the AFL is generally leaning towards hosting games at Metricon over the Gabba is the pitch.

I assume the reason the AFL is generally leaning towards hosting games at Metricon over the Gabba is the pitch.
That's what I said!

Oh, unless you meant cricket pitch...

In the post covid world, it ain't gonna happen.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. Both expansion teams were placed in growth corridors. Just my take, but the AFL have done this with a long term business model in place, not a 5 or 10 year plan, but a 50 year plan. In terms of the sporting landscape of the country you have to implement a long term strategy to achieve what is in essence cultural change. Part of that has to be a half decent development league for the expansion states. Did the NEAFL tick that box? If the expansion teams / states are behind the traditional states in terms of reserves development then it's counter productive to the end goal of expanding the league.

If the reserves games as much as possible are linked to the teams the seniors are playing, is it really not affordable? Time will tell I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back