List clean up - Who stays & who goes ?

Remove this Banner Ad

So I can see how we can delist Yarran , but what clause was used on Bikkies ?

I honestly can't see it. I see what Jen Phelan wrote but according to all the contract conversations I can find, he is listed as being out of contract at the end of 2014.... Wouldn't be the first time a reporter had mucked up but also wouldn't be the first time others had it wrong.

DH better watch out too.... he might find himself coaching the reserves before the end of the season.... imagine the quote from Benny "no no he's not sacked and we have committed to re-hiring him as a line coach/boot studder" :p

I honestly can't see it. I see what Jen Phelan wrote but according to all the contract conversations I can find, he is listed as being out of contract at the end of 2014.... Wouldn't be the first time a reporter had mucked up but also wouldn't be the first time others had it wrong.

DH better watch out too.... he might find himself coaching the reserves before the end of the season.... imagine the quote from Benny "no no he's not sacked and we have committed to re-hiring him as a line coach/boot studder" :p
This has thrown a spanner in the works bc from the pdf doc you listed it suggests the contract expired group were right or the RFC had Bikkies on a low base wage which was enough to be classified as a rookie so he was downgraded to rookie status on the same pay.
OR
It may explain why we picked him up as a rookie bc our action of delisting him while he was contracted was wrong as we had no escape clause .I dont think Other clubs would have been able to match that salary if they wanted him bc they were not allowed to touch him as he should have been traded earlier.
The year error thing is more plausible as surely the club legal dept
would have got it right. Still weird and I still maybe way off the target on this

Here are the AFL rules regarding delisting as of 2016

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2015-2016 CBA FINAL.pdf

Delisting of Players
(a)
No Player shall be delisted from the List of an AFL Club from the period immediately following the PreSeason Draft until 31 October the following year without the consent of the AFL General Counsel.
(b) Each AFL Club agrees to follow the procedure relating to delisting of a Player as follows:
Amended 17 February 2015
(i)
the Player after being given reasonable notice of the time, date and place of the meeting, will meet with the senior coach, football manager or other person nominated by the Club who will inform the Player, on an individual basis, that the Club has decided to delist the Player and the reasons the Club has for delisting the Player;
(ii)
unless otherwise agreed, details of the discussions taken place under clause
17(b)(i)
will be kept confidential;
(iii)
should the Player fail to meet an appointment reasonably made by the Club for the purposes set out in clause 17(b)(i)
, the Club may inform the Player of that Player’s delisting in such other manner determined by the Club;
(iv)
after the Club has advised the Player of his delisting, the Club will arrange for the Player to meet with the Club’s Player Development Manager or similar personnel as soon as practicable;
(v)
the Player Development Manager will provide the Player with information regarding the career transition process that the Club has in place;
(vi)
AFLPA shall provide each Club with an information booklet which outlines the career transition services available to Players through the AFLPA and the Club shall pass this information onto the Player;
(vii)
the Player Development Manager will, with the Player’s consent, immediately contact the nominated AFLPA Representative and inform that person of the details of the Player’s delisting;
(viii)
AFLPA shall encourage all delisted Players to commit to a career transition consultation with a qualified careers consultant;
(ix)
each Club shall arrange at its cost for a termination medical to be conducted on the Player and the Club shall provide the Player with details of the Player’s hospital and medical insurance including the name of the insurer, the level of cover and the expiry d ate of the policy. The Player shall be obliged to attend the medical examination at a time and place and with a doctor to be mutually
agreed to between the Player and the Club and in any event as soon as practicable after the delisting of the Player. A copy of the medical report shall be forwarded to the Player and the Club shall not release the medical report to any other person unless the Player agrees in writing or unless the Club is otherwise required to disclose the medical report to the AFL as part of the AFL’s duty of disclosure to the AFL’s insurer;
(x)
an AFL Club shall be liable/responsible for reimbursing a Player the Gap and any other costs, not covered by private health insurance, upon production of relevant receipts or other proof of payment, reasonably incurred by the Player within 12 months of delisting from his AFL Club or such longer period as is reasonable and necessary to properly treat the injury, in the treatment of injuries that are identified in that Player’s exit medical as injuries incurred whilst playing football, whilst training for football or whilst engaged in activities authorised by the AFL Club.
(c)
Each Club must immediately delist a Player who has terminated his Standard Playing Contract for cause

Interestingly there is nothing here stating you cant delist a 'in contracted' player. Also and more importantly, note the final clause in which is where the bomber players might come under.

Don't for get he could have renewed right near the end of the season and then be delisted straight after it. I also cant find where it has been extended from 2013 and 2014.

Maybe Phelan was wrong or the bit that said Arnot was "contracted" should have read "uncontracted".
Initially I thought maybe the contract for Arnott expired 31st Oct 2014 and he was delisted prior to that eg 28th Oct 2014, but that can't be correct because the article was written in Nov 2014.
Ahhh that better be enough i'm starting to confuse myself.

Interestingly there is nothing here stating you cant delist a 'in contracted' player. Also and more importantly, note the final clause in which is where the bomber players might come under.

Yeah that last clause is interesting. About the contracted player thing, surely you can delist a contracted player PROVIDED you pay out their contract.... Which is why the commitment to re-drafting him was strange? Why delist him, pay him out and then re-draft him? I still suspect he didn't have a contract for the 2015 season yet but was still 'contracted' because we hadn't delisted him at that point....

Don't really care either way but it is a strange situation to get a grip on...

Maybe Phelan was wrong or the bit that said Arnot was "contracted" should have read "uncontracted".
Initially I thought maybe the contract for Arnott expired 31st Oct 2014 and he was delisted prior to that eg 28th Oct 2014, but that can't be correct because the article was written in Nov 2014.
Ahhh that better be enough i'm starting to confuse myself.

Yeah I agree.... very confusing. Maybe it was printed well after the conversations had taken place?

Don't for get he could have renewed right near the end of the season and then be delisted straight after it. I also cant find where it has been extended from 2013 and 2014.

Yeah that could be a possibility I suppose.... Strange there is no record of it on the net though. What ridiculous football dept would re-sign someone and then cut them within a month or two? Actually don't answer that....;)

Yeah that last clause is interesting. About the contracted player thing, surely you can delist a contracted player PROVIDED you pay out their contract.... Which is why the commitment to re-drafting him was strange? Why delist him, pay him out and then re-draft him? I still suspect he didn't have a contract for the 2015 season yet but was still 'contracted' because we hadn't delisted him at that point....

Don't really care either way but it is a strange situation to get a grip on...

Yes this is the whole point, as why would you end up paying him twice. I think this came to a head regarding sacking contracted players came about from when the ruck at the saints (that we ended up picking) was sacked by Thomas, and I can remember the outrage from the players association. As I have stated before I remember just before the draft and a lot of people wanted more picks at the time, as this was a way to do it. Not a big deal but that was what I remember. Just on the last bit, contracts would have been expired by the time that article was done (oct 31) if in fact he was out of contract for the next year, so that's why I think he was 'contracted'.

Yeah that could be a possibility I suppose.... Strange there is no record of it on the net though. What ridiculous football dept would re-sign someone and then cut them within a month or two? Actually don't answer that....;)
Haha, yeah that is why I don't think it is right and he was contracted for 2 years after the 2013 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Club Review

Head coach

Assistant coaches

My Club Review

Head coach

Assistant coaches

EXCELLENT i like the cut of your jib

So depressing, can't believe we're here again. The laughing stock/hapless bunch again. I had a feeling a couple of years ago we were half way to nowhere and my hunch proved to be right. At least 3-4 years away again and that's if we do it right. We really can't shake this bad culture we have at the club

We could trade pretty much anyone and I'm not sure I'd be disappointed.

We're so far gone, that if someone wants to go, I wouldn't blame them. That includes Cotchin, Jack, Dusty, Rance.

Deledio for captain... please. :\

My Club Review

Head coach

Assistant coaches

My Club Review
Head coach

Assistant coaches

Agree on everyone except Corey Ellis and short they are the future

A lot of these trades won't work. Somone has got to want some of these spuds, and I think a lot of them will find that they're not wanted in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back