Little Things you haven't done but would like to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Go watch the Socceroos on an away trip. We play Nepal next year in Kathmandu which would be alright.

Mid 90s I was working for IBM and got permission to go on a specific course, which was only held overseas and had a maximum of 40 students. Checked the list of dates and cities and number of open spots - Singapore 19 spots free, San Francisco 34, Tokyo 28, Kathmandu 1. Bang! Scored the last spot. Win!!!
Even better: by company policy all flights over 4 hours were business class and we kept the frequent flyer and status points.* Mega win!

Then some a-hole manager figured out the product this course was about did not have any customers using it in Nepal... course cancelled and by then it was too late to enrol for the other cities. :(

* Management got wind of this and decreed all bookings must be done through one admin chick. So the entire country's travel went through her, and every trip was paid with her company Amex card linked to HER ff account. Her tales of wonderful holidays flying first class to exotic locations for nothing did not sit well with us.

Learn to play the guitar, preferably electric, at just over 40 this may be my midlife crisis project...

but seriously a threesome, just need to find a willing chick who checks all the boxes for the missus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to know the real answers to the questions that are most important.

Little thing I know, but without that knowledge, life itself is just a host of cliches, pretence, excuses and make-believe.
I’ll answer them. Go ahead. Shoot

This is a great thread

Depending on how we define “little” (my take is that they’re things I can do within Australia ie wouldn’t take longer than a long weekend , can afford and don’t rely on luck /an extremely rare opportunity )
-A Hot Air Balloon Ride - has always been a case of not having someone willing to do it with me , but it’s getting to the point where I’d be willing to do it alone
-The BridgeClimb - see above
-Swimming/relaxing in a natural Hot Springs- see above
-Going to Queensland for a holiday /the footy - I haven’t been to Queensland in my adult life because there were always places that were higher on my destination wishlist . I’ve been to footy games in SA, Vic and NSW (and WA obviously ) but never Queensland. The eagles play 2 games up there next year so it seems like the perfect opportunity to tick this one off.

Some not so little but still local things I’ve experienced that I never thought I would
-attended a Grand Final (and watched my team win it in the most thrilling circumstances)
-done the coin toss at one of our home games

This is a great thread

Depending on how we define “little” (my take is that they’re things I can do within Australia ie wouldn’t take longer than a long weekend , can afford and don’t rely on luck /an extremely rare opportunity )
-A Hot Air Balloon Ride - has always been a case of not having someone willing to do it with me , but it’s getting to the point where I’d be willing to do it alone
-Going to Queensland for a holiday /the footy - I haven’t been to Queensland in my adult life . The eagles play 2 games up there next year so it seems like the perfect opportunity to tick this one off.

Some not so little but still local things I’ve experienced that I never thought I would
-attended a Grand Final (and watched my team win it in the most thrilling circumstances)

The bridge climb is brilliant. Go in summer for a 8.30pm climb. You go up as the sun is setting, then climb down at night. :)

This is a great thread

-Going to Queensland for a holiday /the footy - I haven’t been to Queensland in my adult life because there were always places that were higher on my destination wishlist . I’ve been to footy games in SA, Vic and NSW (and WA obviously ) but never Queensland. The eagles play 2 games up there next year so it seems like the perfect opportunity to tick this one off.

May be hard to get a seat at metricon for game v eagles as suns will be 8-0 and playing in front of capacity crowds.
Sooooo
book early

The bridge climb is brilliant. Go in summer for a 8.30pm climb. You go up as the sun is setting, then climb down at night. :)
I‘ve heard great things about sunset and also sunrise ones :) . I was already leaning towards the former because of the time difference , but the night lights would be spectacular too :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back