Loss to Eagles is getting worse

Remove this Banner Ad

So we should be targeting Lite n Easy to replace KFC.
na, na, na. Im all for KFC as our sponsor, the red logo looks good with cfc..(KfC/CfC.. kind of rhymes as well - all good). All my better half was saying (eagles supporter), to many whoppers with double cheese no good hey for that mob.

As long as our players stick to the wicked wings... we'll be fine.

I don't post about opposition downfalls (.... well I might have early on in my BF career) but geez I'm f**king enjoying Wet Toast suffer at the moment. I was cut at the time we lost against them in Rd 4 but I'm pragmatic, think of the long game and moved on quite quickly. However with the Tiges training session smash last night, I needed to post and ask my fellow BF posters something ....

Wet Toast cannot avoid their aging list anymore and have to officially rebuild at the years end so who will they off load? There are lots of aging players who might serve well for another club for 1 or 2 years (max) to bring in experience at a cheap rate, or there might be the odd gun wanting a sea change.

check out the WC players ages ....
West Coast Eagles Football Club Player List

check out the WC player current contract status ...

So here ya go BF for a bif of fun..... who would you want? Why? What dollars would you give them? How long a contract etc? Any terms? etc. I only ask try not to over think or analyse about our current player contract status player and how they all fit together.

For me ... I'd love to have Liam Ryan.

Only 25yrs. One of my fav players to watch. He'd fit right in with our game style with the excitement, talent, jumping on heads, kicking goals and x factor.

Can’t think of any team being this bad over an extended period where they were getting belted week after week… not for many years anyway. Might have to go back to the dying days of Fitzroy or the mid 80s Saints.

Not counting the early Giants or Suns or the peptide replacements at Essendon. Probably unfair to include Fitzroy either!,,

Last edited:
You know you've played a shocker when Lynch kicks seven. How the f#ck did they beat us?

I don't post about opposition downfalls (.... well I might have early on in my BF career) but geez I'm f**king enjoying Wet Toast suffer at the moment. I was cut at the time we lost against them in Rd 4 but I'm pragmatic, think of the long game and moved on quite quickly. However with the Tiges training session smash last night, I needed to post and ask my fellow BF posters something ....

Wet Toast cannot avoid their aging list anymore and have to officially rebuild at the years end so who will they off load? There are lots of aging players who might serve well for another club for 1 or 2 years (max) to bring in experience at a cheap rate, or there might be the odd gun wanting a sea change.

So here ya go BF for a bif of fun..... who would you want? Why? What dollars would you give them? How long a contract etc? Any terms? etc. I only ask try not to over think or analyse about our current player contract status player and how they all fit together.

Only 25yrs. One of my fav players to watch. He'd fit right in with our game style with the excitement, talent, jumping on heads, kicking goals and x factor.

The reason west coast players rarely move to other clubs is that they never have to pay for anything living in Perth. There's always a coaster supporter who will pay for their drinks at clubs or give them free houses to live in........ or free drugs...

Can’t think of any team being this bad over an extended period where they were getting belted week after week… not for many years anyway. Might have to go back to the dying days of Fitzroy or the mid 80s Saints.

Not counting the early Giants or Suns or the peptide replacements at Essendon. Probably unfair to include Fitzroy either!,,

It happened to each of their premiership teams. The players own Perth and they feast on anything that the public brings to them. It happened to the dual prem team under malthouse...... and then with the chris judd team who went to drugs post premiership...... andd the 2018 team has basically checked into retirement early...

The current decline happened well before the covid stuff that they had preseason. The coach was blaming covid but it's a crock. The players just checked out post 2018. It will be interesting to see what happens to the coach.

The eagles game last night showed that not only are they are an old team, the whole club is now an old person's club. A lot of that is because of how hard it is to become a member over here. There is a wait list group that pays the club to keep them informed of openings in the membership.

That means that not only does it take a long time to become a member, members stay a long time. If you go to a game, you realise that everyone in the crowd has white hair....... It's one of the reasons no one turned up at the game last night after the mask requirement was lifted - all the oldies were too scared. The other reason for the low crowd is that members are used to be dished up wins - they havent taken kindly to the 8 losses in the last year...

The whole club really needs a refit. The players need to turned over and they need some fresh members. I think it has one foot in the grave

The eagles game last night showed that not only are they are an old team, the whole club is now an old person's club. A lot of that is because of how hard it is to become a member over here. There is a wait list group that pays the club to keep them informed of openings in the membership.

That means that not only does it take a long time to become a member, members stay a long time. If you go to a game, you realise that everyone in the crowd has white hair....... It's one of the reasons no one turned up at the game last night after the mask requirement was lifted - all the oldies were too scared. The other reason for the low crowd is that members are used to be dished up wins - they havent taken kindly to the 8 losses in the last year...

The whole club really needs a refit. The players need to turned over and they need some fresh members. I think it has one foot in the grave
Agree. Plus that Tim Kelly trade was a huge stuff up. They gave up way too much for him. I know WC supporters who were even saying so when it happened. Got to be careful not to piss away your future by paying overs for top up players.

Agree. Plus that Tim Kelly trade was a huge stuff up. They gave up way too much for him. I know WC supporters who were even saying so when it happened. Got to be careful not to piss away your future by paying overs for top up players.

more problems with the jack darling situation....who is nearly 30 and contracted for another 3 1/2 years and wasnt too motivated to play this year if he had to get the jab... just another example of the team getting fat.

He's not the only one. I watched McGovern after a goal early in the game. The camera stayed on a group of backmen who gathered post richmond goal. No one spoke - mcgovern just stood for a few seconds and then walked away without saying a word. He's made a career out of playing his way and let others do all the dirty work - and he's done well at it. He's got his premiership and he's guaranteed a fortune doing footy nights post retirements if he doesnt want a guaranteed slot on perth radio. Life is pretty good. No reason for a loss to put a blip on the radar.

more problems with the jack darling situation....who is nearly 30 and contracted for another 3 1/2 years and wasnt too motivated to play this year if he had to get the jab... just another example of the team getting fat.

He's not the only one. I watched McGovern after a goal early in the game. The camera stayed on a group of backmen who gathered post richmond goal. No one spoke - mcgovern just stood for a few seconds and then walked away without saying a word. He's made a career out of playing his way and let others do all the dirty work - and he's done well at it. He's got his premiership and he's guaranteed a fortune doing footy nights post retirements if he doesnt want a guaranteed slot on perth radio. Life is pretty good. No reason for a loss to put a blip on the radar.
The way they're going a major clean out at the end of the year wont be hard to justify.

Probably too long in the tooth but I'd still love josh kennedy for a year to basically be an extra development coach, to help show the way for kreuger, mcmahon and a hypothetical kpf from the draft. Same age as pendles, a dozen games from him would probably be a win. Doubt he leaves perth though unless he's very keen on coaching. Similar to what we did with ben hudson when grundy and witts were young pups.

Probably too long in the tooth but I'd still love josh kennedy for a year to basically be an extra development coach, to help show the way for kreuger, mcmahon and a hypothetical kpf from the draft. Same age as pendles, a dozen games from him would probably be a win. Doubt he leaves perth though unless he's very keen on coaching. Similar to what we did with ben hudson when grundy and witts were young pups.

if he played next year they would have to wheel him on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It happened to each of their premiership teams. The players own Perth and they feast on anything that the public brings to them. It happened to the dual prem team under malthouse...... and then with the chris judd team who went to drugs post premiership...... andd the 2018 team has basically checked into retirement early...

The current decline happened well before the covid stuff that they had preseason. The coach was blaming covid but it's a crock. The players just checked out post 2018. It will be interesting to see what happens to the coach.

It never happened to the Malthouse teams. They played finals under him every year.

Early days yet and as a premiership coach Simpson still has credits in the bank. It’s up to him how he manages to stem the bleeding over the next month. Personally i think the start of the rot this time was Jack Darling deciding he was more important than the club and going on strike. But the rest of it is simply the list getting old and not bringing through enough next generation players. Oh, and Kelly. What a ballsup

It never happened to the Malthouse teams. They played finals under him every year.

Early days yet and as a premiership coach Simpson still has credits in the bank. It’s up to him how he manages to stem the bleeding over the next month. Personally i think the start of the rot this time was Jack Darling deciding he was more important than the club and going on strike. But the rest of it is simply the list getting old and not bringing through enough next generation players. Oh, and Kelly. What a ballsup

Well technically yes, and Mick kept a tight rein on the players, but I would argue that they were underachievers after winning their two premierships. Maybe I'm a hard judge. You just have to look at their teams during that period to see that they were effectively WA state teams. THey won the 1994 premiership by 12 goals. Making the finals was more about malthouse's obsession and how he had the team under his spell.

The other thing that interesting during that period is that malthouse didnt care that much about the private life of the players as long as they performed...which ended up with the cousins mainwairing emburey etc etc dramas..

Let me tell you there were stories about the boys runnings the clubs over here in the 1990s and I remember telling a beagles supporter beside me at a game that her favourite benny boy was a druggie and that was a couple of years before the story became public....

which touches on another aspect - all the media and everyone in the city were accomplices to their boys getting out and about....and they would keep their mouths shut. Cops would let em go for speeding etc etc. These were the days when everyone over here (except for some ex vics) barracked for the beagles. No wonder they thought they owned the city.... and Mick was holding the dam up.

The other thing is brian cook was in charge and he left in 98....trevor nisbett who is the current CEO was cook's offsider but its getting a bit thin

They did win it - as we remember - in 2018 so they're not mugs but it will be interesting to see if they can turn it around.

West Coast and Collingwood have a long standing rivalry and both have achieved some famous victories against the other across the seasons.

This was another of those occasions.

While we were all annoyed that we couldn't get the 4pts against them due to the players missing from their midfield what they did have in their favour that day was the full contingent of their spine available in Barrass, McGovern, Naitanui, Darling and Kennedy who have given us and plenty of teams headaches across the years.

Now factor in we were coming off a 17th place finish the previous season, were without two of our better contested ball winners in Adams and de Goey and we simply aren't good enough as yet to cover for our missed opportunities to goal.

West Coast and Collingwood have a long standing rivalry and both have achieved some famous victories against the other across the seasons.

While we were all annoyed that we couldn't get the 4pts against them due to the players missing from their midfield what they did have in their favour that day was the full contingent of their spine available in Barrass, McGovern, Naitanui, Darling and Kennedy who have given us and plenty of teams headaches across the years.

Now factor in we were coming off a 17th place finish the previous season, were without two of our better contested ball winners in Adams and de Goey and we simply aren't good enough as yet to cover for our missed opportunities to goal.

Not sure about the rivalry. We have played some epic finals, that’s all.

Every club thinks they are great rivals with us. They should take a number and form an orderly queue. 16 other clubs think they have the same claims.

They've been shown up as the worst premiership team in history, yes worse than Footscray 2016 and Adelaide 1997.
The fact they needed an abominable umpiring decision to get home against a depleted Collingwood, after the softest finals campaign ever seen, seems to have been overlooked by our inept media contingent.

Why are our supporters so good at accepting mediocrity and always making excuses. I felt like throwing up as I read this.
I lol'd at the rivalry angle, as if that is a genuine reason to be beaten.

Why are our supporters so good at accepting mediocrity and always making excuses. I felt like throwing up as I read this.
I lol'd at the rivalry angle, as if that is a genuine reason to be beaten.

maybe for the same reason that our supporters get over excited when the team wins a game and start boasting that we're going to win the premiership in the next couple of years...

They've been shown up as the worst premiership team in history, yes worse than Footscray 2016 and Adelaide 1997.
The fact they needed an abominable umpiring decision to get home against a depleted Collingwood, after the softest finals campaign ever seen, seems to have been overlooked by our inept media contingent.

it's in the books...

we must have nightmares when we hear the name "west coast" our biggest Achilles heel team in some time
I don't think they're an achilles heal team. Collingwood wce games are often cliff hanger classics with the underdog doing well, going right back to the 1990 draw and that other final where Mcguane droppef that chest mark. We've won our share of backs against the wall thrillers versus them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back