Current Major incident at Bondi Junction

Remove this Banner Ad

Offender has been sort of ID'ed as a 40yo man. Not named yet as they are still confirming the ID formally.
If it's who Police think it is, Police say that this person has no known ideation and therefore would not be classed as a terrorist incident.

This person is known to law enforcement (says PC).

Media conference now at the below.

Offender has been sort of ID'ed as a 40yo man. Not named yet.
NSW PC doing a media conference now at the below.

To add they said:
  • Not an indication of ideology or terrorism;
  • Known to law enforcement;
  • No clear motive at this stage;
  • Too early to determine a connection to victims.

Waiting for formal identification before revealing name.

If this guy is Indigenous or Arabic, the right wing media are going to go after that group.
I know it's a big shopping center but no security guards got to him.
I think the problem is that he was moving quickly.

Hell, they’re going after at least one of said groups even before it’s known.

Not a terrorist incident say police.

'Police say attacker is 40-year-old man, but do not release identity

Police commissioner Karen Webb says that police believe they know who the attacker is, but are waiting to formally identify him.

Later this evening, we became aware of who we believe the offender is and we believe that he is a 40-year-old man. However, we are waiting to formally identify him and we cannot speak yet on his identification.

Let me assure you that we are confident that there is no ongoing risk and we are dealing with one person who is now deceased.

Webb says that the attacker – if it is the person police believe it is – was known to police, and they do not have fears that he was ideologically motivated.

We are waiting to confirm his identification and if it is the person we believe it is, we don’t have fear for that person holding an ideation. In other words, that it’s not a terrorism incident.'

Guardian

Hell, they’re going after at least one of said groups even before it’s known.
Have you got a link?

Most likely he's a nutter.

I salute the brave police woman and the bloke with the bollard. Everyday heroes.

Condolences to folks who have lost friends and family and wishing the injured a speedy recovery.

Can we ban rugby now?

Has anyone else noticed that all the comments about victims refer to women and children? I’m yet to hear them mention a guy, although one photo of a victim looks like it could maybe be a guy.

In the footage he kind’ve ignores the guys when he’s running around.

Just wondering if this guy was targeting women or simply going for people unable to fight back.
Quoting myself here to say that no, it wasn’t just women, although appears to have been predominantly women. Confirmed 5 women and one man killed.

That's from Wikipedia. I've yet to see a dictionary describe it as anything other than political violence. The origin of the term is clear. The Jacobin faction committing attacks in france in the 1700s. The incorrect use of it, may have a lead to informal meanings like how the word literally has been bastardized.
Yes it was. Thank you for spelling out the etymology, I appreciate it however language is a living thing and common usage would have terrorism being terror related in general and then prefaced by the theatre of operation.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that all the comments about victims refer to women and children? I’m yet to hear them mention a guy, although one photo of a victim looks like it could maybe be a guy.

In the footage he kind’ve ignores the guys when he’s running around.

Just wondering if this guy was targeting women or simply going for people unable to fight back.
Typical coward.

I think everyone there thought it was an isolated incident as the attacker was running all over the place.
If people knew what was going on , they could have got a group of 5 or more with anything that was availsble for a weapon eg golf club, kitchen stuff ect.
I think if the security guard knew what was happenning he/she could have organised this with some volunteers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone there thought it was an isolated incident as the attacker was running all over the place.
If people knew what was going on , they could have got a group of 5 or more with anything that was availsble for a weapon eg golf club, kitchen stuff ect.
I think if the security guard knew what was happenning he/she could have organised this with some volunteers.
Yeah, I imagine it would have been pretty chaotic and difficult to organise anything. Also you don’t know if the guy is alone or has another type of weapon. Had it gone on much longer I’m sure the public would have apprehended him. (I still regard the milk crate moment as one of the greatest in Australian history, but bollard bloke is giving that a run for its money.)

Bondi Junction is the last train station on the line that goes to Sydney CBD and onto Kogarah, Rockdale, Hurstville, and then winds its way down to Sutherland, with a branch going off to Cronulla, and the main line going down to Heathcote and down to Wollongong and the South Coast.

Above the train station is a major bus terminus feeding the Eastern Suburbs. Next door (to the East) to this public transport hub, is Westfield Bondi Junction.

Grok might have got it wrong.

Female Cop Neutralizes Sydney Mall Islamist Terrorist
A terrorist attack occurred in Sydney, Australia, where a terrorist stabbed multiple people in a Jewish area located next to an Israeli restaurant. The incident has sparked global attention, with hashtags #Israel, #Australia, and #Iran trending on social media platforms. Authorities are investigating the attack, and the community is in shock and mourning.
Grok is an early feature and can make mistakes. Verify its outputs.

Grok might have got it wrong.

Female Cop Neutralizes Sydney Mall Islamist Terrorist
A terrorist attack occurred in Sydney, Australia, where a terrorist stabbed multiple people in a Jewish area located next to an Israeli restaurant. The incident has sparked global attention, with hashtags #Israel, #Australia, and #Iran trending on social media platforms. Authorities are investigating the attack, and the community is in shock and mourning.
Grok is an early feature and can make mistakes. Verify its outputs.
Stirring up trouble by using it to stoke those fires.

I just read the mum of the baby died, but haven't heard about the baby? Awful, imagine being the father of the kid

I heard a baby was saved, but I’m not sure if more than one was involved

Thank you for the clarification.

Folk on Twitter said the baby was killed and I took it as fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back