Current Major incident at Bondi Junction

Remove this Banner Ad

This; the video where the perp is running and goes to the left of the big guy....wasn't going to take on a target that would take him on...that's a coward for you....and that's a brave man that stood his ground and tried to reason with him by the looks of it. I'm sure there were many people who showed bravery and assisted where they could in the face of fear. They are our society not this perp.

Reports of a Bollard/pole guy taking down the attackers knife.

'Ms Prior said she looked down towards the floor below, where a man was defending himself with a pole on the escalator going down towards level three.

“A man (coming up) on the escalator was hit by a pole, he stumbled back.

“He dropped something that looked like a knife.”'

Reports of a Bollard/pole guy taking down the attackers knife.

'Ms Prior said she looked down towards the floor below, where a man was defending himself with a pole on the escalator going down towards level three.

“A man (coming up) on the escalator was hit by a pole, he stumbled back.

“He dropped something that looked like a knife.”'
He still had the knife when he went for the cop (it is next to his body in some photos).

Bollard guy is apparently an Australian- Chinese bloke who fled Hong Kong after Xi cracked down on human rights.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot of reactionaries going the early call on terrorist but looks like a junkie to me. Gaunt face and arms. The way he runs, not much excess muscle.

He IS a terrorist, whether it’s mental health or drugs or ideology, he is still a terrorist.

He IS a terrorist, whether it’s mental health or drugs or ideology, he is still a terrorist.

Definition of a terrorist requires political motives. It's not just a stand-in for someone who commits terrifying acts.

Has anyone else noticed that all the comments about victims refer to women and children? I’m yet to hear them mention a guy, although one photo of a victim looks like it could maybe be a guy.

In the footage he kind’ve ignores the guys when he’s running around.

Just wondering if this guy was targeting women or simply going for people unable to fight back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this country is safer than most but I am really worried about Australia.

Crime is on the rise in most cities, especially Sydney/NSW hearing about shootings almost daily on the news & people being targeted.
It probably isn't

One of the joys of the digital age is everything gets reported, everything gets photographed or videoed and then it's repeated over and over through many more channels that there was just a few decades ago.

Definition of a terrorist requires political motives. It's not just a stand-in for someone who commits terrifying acts.
No that is not the definition.
Terrorism, in its broadest sense, is the use of intentional violence and fear.
This is Domestic Terrorsim you have defined Political Terrorism.

The a-hole killed the bub and its mum plus some others.
I just read the mum of the baby died, but haven't heard about the baby? Awful, imagine being the father of the kid

That's from Wikipedia. I've yet to see a dictionary describe it as anything other than political violence. The origin of the term is clear. The Jacobin faction committing attacks in france in the 1700s. The incorrect use of it, may have led to informal meanings like how the word literally has been bastardized.

Last edited:
No, terrorism must have a political, religious or ideological purpose, whether international or domestic. Here is the Australian government’s explanation.

A terrorist act is an act, or a threat to commit an act, that is done with the intention to coerce or influence the public or any government by intimidation to advance a political, religious or
ideological cause, and the act causes: death or serious harm or endangers life; serious damage to property; a serious risk to the health or safety of the public; or seriously interferes with, seriously disrupts or destroys critical infrastructure such as a telecommunications or electricity network.

If this guy is Indigenous or Arabic, the right wing media are going to go after that group.
I know it's a big shopping center but no security guards got to him.
I think the problem is that he was moving quickly.

Most security guards are either fat, old or young women who are over worked and under trained and exist for insurance and clerical purposes. Probably less than 5% of security guards in Australia could have done anything other than get stabbed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back