Manchester United: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Builds cars, mamufactures chemicals.

Hopefully Ratcliffe loses out on his Utd bid and turns his attention to us.
I'm of the opinion that Ratcliffe is just after the attention and he's not really a serious option for anyone. He did it with us twice.

I'm of the opinion that Ratcliffe is just after the attention and he's not really a serious option for anyone. He did it with us twice.
That's the impression I've got. Had weeks to bid for Chelsea, and then went public after a deal was pretty much nailed down.

I saw an interview with him that he was actually a Chelsea season ticket holder for years. He supports United has that connection to Chelsea so put in a bid I guess,

I saw an interview with him that he was actually a Chelsea season ticket holder for years. He supports United has that connection to Chelsea so put in a bid I guess,

I think he's only a season ticket holder with us as he lives nearby, he did grow up a United supporter.

I think he's only a season ticket holder with us as he lives nearby, he did grow up a United supporter.

Yeah, I think lots of rich people from London will have season tickets for clubs they don’t support.

Fair point, some of his previous interest seems that way.

Chelsea, United being sold in quick succession may change his views on that. He is after all trying to start a new car brand Ineos which can be incredibly difficult (they make old fashioned hard core 4WDs that the mainstream manufacturers don't do anymore)

A high profile PL club seems a logical way for him to help get the INEOS automotive name out there. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to the Utd sale. Of course he may view having to keep up with 3 sovereign wealth fund backed rivals in United/City/Newcastle too financially draining even considering his vast wealth (assuming Qatar royal family buys United) Not to mention Chelsea who are spending like a sovereign wealth fund backed club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waited until the process was finished and then put in a bid 1B under the asking. Came across as a bit of 'look at me'.
He was using his own money then. Now he is using his PLC's money it is a bit different. He's also been on the front foot about this purchase from day one.

Loads of stuff. Ratcliffe bought loads of businesses and combined them which created a giant. About | INEOS Group
The I better not stand for investment. Known to have life long triggering effects for JD, and we don’t want a repeat of that.

INEOS’ Grangemouth site produces one-third of the entire UK plastics production, making an estimated 30-35 billion plastic pellets each day. A survey of one beach 14 miles away found around half a million washed up plastic pellets, despite INEOS’ statement that it “is obsessive about zero pellet loss". Studies show that plastic waste produces emissions as it degrades, and may also interfere with the largest natural carbon sink on the planet – our oceans.

Ineos has been using sports to greenwash for years now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back