Manchester United: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

200k is kinda light in todays world though. How are they going to attract any big signings if all they can offer is 200k a week?

We will just copy your club. Liverpool have Salah on £350k and VVD on £220k. The other 15 world class players at your club are on lower than £200k. So if Liverpool can do it, United can do it.

We will just copy your club. Liverpool have Salah on £350k and VVD on £220k. The other 15 world class players at your club are on lower than £200k. So if Liverpool can do it, United can do it.

We try to keep our wage bill under control but we've lost players because of wages before. I dont believe the new challenge bullshit with Sadio going, he wanted more money and I think the club could only push the boat out on one player (Salah) so we lost Mane and that's hurt the team.

If you want to stay competitive you need to pay big money for top players. The problem at United for me isnt that you're handing out massive wages as you can obviously afford it, it's that you're handing out massive wages for the wrong players.

It's fine paying someone 350k a week, but it has to be the right person, not Jadon Sancho haha. If you signed Mbappe and he was on 350k, you'd be very pleased with that. Sancho... not so much. DDG the same, 375k I've read online is ridiculous, particularly when you consider he's borderline top 10 GK's in the world now.

Things are starting to go public on the takeover.
It's the public ones that generally aren't serious. I first heard of our takeover on the morning it was announced a deal was done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are not buying United as a proxy club for a state, put it that way. Ratcliffe's also a massive Utd fan.
He tried to buy Chelsea so clearly club doesn't matter. Also since when does it have to be a state that sports washes? Tobacco companies did it for years

Qatari consortium vs 3 US consortiums vs INEOS. Bids due this week. Anyone but Qatar please but preferably INEOS.

Yep, INEOS preferably. I don’t want a US based ownership after the Glazer. They could be great but I prefer not to find out if they are s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back