Mark Dawson wants to be President - Be warned

Remove this Banner Ad

Well only posted this as I read that Dawson was pro GC and he wasn't/isn't.
Interesting times, now I don't give a s**t who runs the show. But I expect them to be very good at what they do.
Will be interesting to see what happens after Walsh submits his findings.

Where there is so much smoke, there tends to be fire.

was there not smoke around that Dawson was and always has been pro GC? is that a different smoke that does not bring fire?

He wasn't pro GC, I'm not suggesting we get him back fwiw.
Condemned by his own words.

If that means we can do it here in Melbourne, great, but if we can't do it here, well, we will have to look at the next best option and if that is the Gold Coast, it has to be the Gold Coast."

Dawson yesterday explained his motives in personally inviting legendary Kangaroos identities to a meeting on Wednesday night.

Considered by the Roos' Stay-in-Melbourne group to be a ringleader of the AFL push to move the club to the Gold Coast, Dawson, a club shareholder and former director, said the meeting was designed merely to provide information.

"I am not going to tell you who was asked and who wasn't asked because that is not fair on those people, but all I wanted was for everyone to have the opportunity to see what was on the table," Dawson

Bernie let’s say you’re correct . Why would that stand today?

I want those in charge to be held accountable.
Not KPI ing the s**t out of each other and giving the obligatory high five. As I said I have no faith in those currently in charge.
To be frank I am over the incompetence that has plagued us for many a year.

As I said earlier I don’t care who’s in charge I just want results. Like us all I suppose.

Seriously! Given recent weeks, do we really need more of this destabilising s**t?
This was always going to happen if we got rid of Noble too soon, it’s only going to get worse, if anyone thinks the relocate to or strip north of AFL licence and off to Tassie is done and dusted they’re in for a nasty surprise, the rhetoric is going to go nuclear with ‘pressure’ on the AFL to act ‘in the interests of the game’. As much as I respect Dr Hood I think we should have let Noble coach out the season even if we’re quietly sounding out replacements. Oh well I’m up for another fight if we need to man the barricades 👊

Not KPI ing the s**t out of each other and giving the obligatory high five. As I said I have no faith in those currently in charge.

As I said earlier I don’t care who’s in charge I just want results. Like us all I suppose.
And if he thinks the best chance at results is something along the line of Fat Ed's Tasmania Timeshare? Or if he doesn't have any plans beyond "we did good back in my day so * the CEO and President off and let me and the lads take charge"?

I can understand wanting to hold the board etc accountable for where we are, but I strongly suspect he's the wrong person to do it.

There is no supposing about it. I am correct. As many who have been around this board for a while know. Dawson adds nothing except danger. Football clubs need lots of skill sets. But they are full of intrigue and cliques all of whom think they are better equipped than their rivals. It is better to know your enemies. Dawson cannot be trusted. If someone tries to sell us down the river once you want to let them back through the front door ? Not in my view.

By all means look at other people who might add skills or value but they must have the club’s viability in Melbourne at front of mind.

If that means we can do it here in Melbourne, great, but if we can't do it here, well, we will have to look at the next best option and if that is the Gold Coast, it has to be the Gold Coast."

Dawson yesterday explained his motives in personally inviting legendary Kangaroos identities to a meeting on Wednesday night.

Considered by the Roos' Stay-in-Melbourne group to be a ringleader of the AFL push to move the club to the Gold Coast, Dawson, a club shareholder and former director, said the meeting was designed merely to provide information.

"I am not going to tell you who was asked and who wasn't asked because that is not fair on those people, but all I wanted was for everyone to have the opportunity to see what was on the table," Dawson
Yup. It was all too hard for the likes of Dawsons. He felt relocation to the GC was the only option. Any true North Melbourne supporter with half a brain wouldn’t want him on our Board now. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James has gone on record saying says his brother is the reason why he decided to commit to staying in Melbourne. Didn't Mark have an epiphany and decide GC was a bad idea? Why would James say something like that?

Well only posted this as I read that Dawson was pro GC and he wasn't/isn't.
Interesting times, now I don't give a s**t who runs the show. But I expect them to be very good at what they do.
Will be interesting to see what happens after Walsh submits his findings.

Where there is so much smoke, there tends to be fire.
Yes I don't pay much and yes I am sitting down with a glass of wine with my partner COVID and locked away and the kids in bed and me tired after cooking and kid wrangling for two nights and days with five more to come.

Often enjoy your contributions TAO but 'smoke' trends to be rumours while fire needs fuel and some device to ignite it.

People on here listen to you with scrote-worthy reverence. You are not silly enough to believe Geoff Walsh will pay any attention to getting involved in any Bill hunter in Strictly Ballroom or Bill hunter in Muriel's wedding type machinations when his scope is the football department.

Are you dropping some clue or is this thread hold a hidden reference to why the coach was marched today? Are you pinning your colours to the royal blue and white against some other royal blue and white while trying to win over some royal blue and white to join an alliance?

I don't know but without totally understanding the relevance I find it annoying. Especially today.

You're source does not seem to be someone working for the long or short term benefit of the club. Does he/she own a poo stirring stick that is not quite long or powerful enough? I had friends at the club for a while. The board told me that Polec was a dusty Martin/Andrew Gaff hybrid and I should throw the house at him. That was before I knew how to chill. Everyone should do a yoga class at wet'n'wild. The vibe on the gold coast is so cob-webless. You know what I done there

I am inclined to add 'oh well' but that is your thing.

There are, unfortunately, no gifs for 'seeds of bereftness'. There are gifts for the sewers? Sowers? Sourers? I always get the spellings confused.

Go down to the club and feel the warm tactile coffee cup (if the cart is open). I always buy a niece or nephew something off the specials rack. It's nice to feel the fabric.

Yes I don't pay much and yes I am sitting down with a glass of wine with my partner COVID and locked away and the kids in bed and me tired after cooking and kid wrangling for two nights and days with five more to come.

Often enjoy your contributions TAO but 'smoke' trends to be rumours while fire needs fuel and some device to ignite it.

People on here listen to you with scrote-worthy reverence. You are not silly enough to believe Geoff Walsh will pay any attention to getting involved in any Bill hunter in Strictly Ballroom or Bill hunter in Muriel's wedding type machinations when his scope is the football department.

Are you dropping some clue or is this thread hold a hidden reference to why the coach was marched today? Are you pinning your colours to the royal blue and white against some other royal blue and white while trying to win over some royal blue and white to join an alliance?

I don't know but without totally understanding the relevance I find it annoying. Especially today.

You're source does not seem to be someone working for the long or short term benefit of the club. Does he/she own a poo stirring stick that is not quite long or powerful enough? I had friends at the club for a while. The board told me that Polec was a dusty Martin/Andrew Gaff hybrid and I should throw the house at him. That was before I knew how to chill. Everyone should do a yoga class at wet'n'wild. The vibe on the gold coast is so cob-webless. You know what I done there

There are, unfortunately, no gifs for 'seeds of bereftness'. There are gifts for the sewers? Sowers? Sourers? I always get the spellings confused.

Go down to the club and feel the warm tactile coffee cup (if the cart is open). I always buy a niece or nephew something off the specials rack. It's nice to feel the fabric.
Brilliantly worded post there Yoko and me

I literally have no idea what I just read, but I like it!!

Brilliant post I don't care. If you think me posting on this board is random if half you lot had actually been involved with the club and worked with it you wouldn't think so. Ffs some of you if it's still the original poster or someone hijacking names. Were not born when I was involved. I only responded because of the tile of the thread the above passion of Yoko and me is what it's about, not some fuel ridden rant by the media or what you may think.

Let's see this play out, hope it's a full clean out of both Ben and co, and let's get this thing cleaned up from the top down. Including the players we obviously know don't want to be there.

Also on the highlighted you need to explain to people that the reason being for this situation betwen Denis and Mark was over the Ryan Pagan selection. The voting from the match selection committie that night was actually a strong "NO" from all on the board, Denis did not like what the vote was and still played Ryan, as he said he was the coach and his say was final. Whats the reason for having a match selection committie???
There is no doubt that you are on de Rauch's ticket andd are just trying to stir the pot. As i have said in the past we will see who the winner will be on the 28th Feb 2007..

P.S Please fill me in on how well Ryan Pagans career went on to be.
I hear Ryan might have felt the weight of Martin Pike's back hand a couple of times that year as well!!!!
Personally, I think we should debuted Crocker during the 2020 season when in the hub.

Everything doesn't need to be black and white and it would have meant the world to Joel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back