Player Watch Mark Keane (Retired 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

It always looks so stupid how u can just run past opponents and they can't tackle you.
Hmm, that's like saying soccer looks so stupid how they run in to trouble with the ball at their feet and can't just pick it up! Different rules for different sports mate.

The tackle in gaelic requires knocking the ball off your opponent not hauling him down. A player has to play the ball every 4 steps, releasing the possession to either bounce or solo (toe to hand). If an opponent times the tackle correctly there is ample opportunity to strip a player of the ball.

Hmm, that's like saying soccer looks so stupid how they run in to trouble with the ball at their feet and can't just pick it up! Different rules for different sports mate.

The tackle in gaelic requires knocking the ball off your opponent not hauling him down. A player has to play the ball every 4 steps, releasing the possession to either bounce or solo (toe to hand). If an opponent times the tackle correctly there is ample opportunity to strip a player of the ball.

Not really, I just think it looks a bit stupid when 1 player can run the entire field with the defenders having to let him run past them

Not really, I just think it looks a bit stupid when 1 player can run the entire field with the defenders having to let him run past them
True, why don't they just run the field every time and just put it in the back of the goal, so much easier! None of them ever seem to do that. You should think about relocating to Ireland and either taking up the game or coaching, it will bring on a whole new era in GAA!

Pivotal player for us moving forward

Needs to come of age

After he gets over his injury.

Was at Ikon Park on Thursday night. Assuming he was supporting his countrywoman, Aishling Sheridan. She kicked a couple of goals too.

He's only 20 which is young for a KPP, he'll get plenty of chances though, I reckon roughhead will struggle.

Roughy has a year in him easily, I reckon.. injury permitting (he has proven to be durable over his career). Whatever slight form issues he suffered last year were related mainly to lockdown and a health issue with his wife.

Keane should hopefully get 5-7 games and maybe it can be a good transition year for him, to take over full time in 2022 with Roughy back to the 2's as depth in his final season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd probably like to see him played for the rest of the year and if he doesn't show much, we can drop him off the list and never ever ever ever go back to ireland for players....never

Not 21 until March and with his peak years ahead of him, Keane’s ultimate ambition is to follow in Tadhg Kennelly’s footsteps and retire as only the second Irish player in history to win both an AFL Premiership and an All-Ireland title.

"Winning an All-Ireland for Cork would mean more because I grew up with the game, I’ve played for my boyhood club Mitchelstown, and it would make my family very proud."

Rendell says Keane and Kelly are 2 of the best young key defenders in the League.
Look forward to Keane getting a good stint in seniors
If Moore goes forward does Roughy take Kennedy, Howe on Darling, Keane on O Allen with Madgen on Wsterman/Vardy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back