Marriage equality debate - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not shitting on them. You should respect my beliefs and stop trying to dictate to people what they believe is right or wrong.
I am against same sex marriage. This does not mean that I hate anyone. Who am I dictating too? I and others have a right to vote. However, good luck with your dribble. Because I won't be responding to it!

You should have just typed; 'I'm an ignorant bigot".

Three 10 yr old daughters? Triplets?

No. This could easily be resolved, by our government, actually governing for all Australians, and ensuring that they, themselves, do not discriminate against people due to their sexuality.
How would that be governing for all Australians when there are millions of people on both sides of the debate?

If anyone can prove to me that as a Christian the Bible says I should support same sex marriage then I would change my mind.

No one is interested in changing your mind. You're not that important. Just let people marry the person they love. You know, if you were really a Christian, you would see that is important to a person.

I have never said that gay parents can't be loving parents.
Just that they shouldn't be,because kids only need a mummy and daddy,right.
And God forbid they are married under the same laws governing heterosexuals!?.
Right.
Let's homophobe high five!!.
Yeah!!.

well I would say your wrong, you don't know me personally and are just forming a judgement based on an internet forum. I am much ore concerned with how peope who know me personally think rather than someone on an internet forum.
That doesnt change the fact, that by definition, you are a homophobe. Another strawman

Just that they shouldn't be,because kids only need a mummy and daddy,right.
And God forbid they are married under the same laws governing heterosexuals!?.
Right.
Let's homophobe high five!!.
Yeah!!.
again if anyone can show me why Christians should support gay marriage I would change my view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone can prove to me that as a Christian the Bible says I should support same sex marriage then I would change my mind.
You keep quoting Genesis 2 22-24
“Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man."
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh."

You ask to be told by the bible to support gay marriage if you should, then you quote a verse that says nothing about opposing it. Ah Christians, it's amusing how little they know of their religion, and how much they use it to bandwagon or support their bigoted beliefs

In your opinion.
No, by definition you are. You fit the criteria defined by the word, that is not disputable.

I mean unless you want to dispute publishers and their defining of words, but until then, you fit the definition of a homophobe

again if anyone can show me why Christians should support gay marriage I would change my view.

Plenty already do.

Screen-shot-2014-09-24-at-6.01.03-PM.png

Genesis 2 22-24
It's a book made by people who thought the earth was flat and had no concept of evolution. Why are you basing your views on a significantly outdated text of human understanding that has long since been surpassed. Were you asleep for all of your high school education?

Go ask my gay friends if I'm homophobic
You don't have any gay friends Mikey!.
You're ******* kidding yourself.
I can just imagine them saying "hey,let's get Mikey over for some spritzers and margaritas and listen all about how we shouldn't be able to marry because he's a born again,that'll be a fun night".
"Or we could just go out clubbing and dance our arses off"
Yeh,I know which one 'my' (real) gay friends would prefer.
You're a small minded,religiously guided bigot.
That's all there is to it.
Oh,and a bullshit artist to boot.

Lets just hope all these Christians who oppose gay marriage also keep women in their place
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."

The book that guides you is folly.
So I don't expect any evolutionary growth from you whatsoever.
"Please don't procreate".
Signed:The Future.

I believe we are God's creation.

good for you, You still haven't explained why you think you need to discriminate against other people. Was that a big thing in bible being a campaigner to other people?

Can you articulate your own thoughts? or are you so far gone at this point you just spout rhetoric. Just how much of your sense of self did you voluntarily erase?

So far, you've hit all the basis: "hate the sin not the sinner", "somebody think of the children", "its my personal belief" and now "quoting genesis". What you haven't done and are no doubt unable to do is explain why your PERSONAL BELIEF should trump the liberates of someone else?

Lets just hope all these Christians who oppose gay marriage also keep women in their place
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."

I hope they don't wear clothes made of two kinds of material. Otherwise they're just hypocrites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back