Marsh Cup 2023-24 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I might be wrong here but shouldnt a No Result be worth 2 points?

A win is worth 4 points, and a bonus point is 1 additional point.
No Result looks to be one point & this CricBuzz table shows NSW on 17 points like you said...CA Live shows them to be on 18. IMG_20240208_130207.jpg

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope he's okay but FMD Hunt is an awful fielder. Two games in a row he's cost the Redbacks a shot at winning with his drops.

One of my few times watching any cricket live today in Melbourne and enjoyed.Junction oval is a great facility to watch cricket with a small crowd and far better then the MCG.The Vics played well but perhaps the 8th wicket partnership by SA has cost us the important bonus point.

Does anyone know how net run rate works if a team like QLD Is bowled out in 35.3 overs today?

Do they assume that if a team is bowled out they have used the 50 overs?
Yes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magnificent 5*, is that his highest score for the year?
And of course you dismiss it. Like you always do. He could score a ton and you'd complain it wasn't a double

Being at Junction Oval today I was surprised how a lot of the Vict batsman top order threw their wickets away but did not realise it was because of the bonus point they were after.Would have been handy if this showed on the scoreboard.Any one else at the ground today?

Where would the VICS host the Grand Final if they earnt the right?

MCG would surely get at least 15k.

One of my few times watching any cricket live today in Melbourne and enjoyed.Junction oval is a great facility to watch cricket with a small crowd and far better then the MCG.The Vics played well but perhaps the 8th wicket partnership by SA has cost us the important bonus point.
Nice ground but if your from an interstate, can be a bit of hassle getting there as the trams are pretty much the only way to get there from the CBD.

Having been to a cricket game there last year, its not the most friendliness in terms of frequency of trams. I think the day I got there, there was a break down in trams /congested traffic near Southern Cross station.

NSW and Victoria starting 35 minutes later cos NSW need an advantage…
Seems a bit weird why NSW and Victoria would play 35 minutes behind the other teams. It does open up the slight chance that both teams may play to the finals context situation and behind doors both teams may agree a result , so that both qualify for the Final.

It would be a bit like the final rounds of a World Cup Soccer tournament, or UEFA Champions League, where both teams playing might need a draw to qualify for knockout. It opens up colluding and manipulation.

The games should played on the same time, no ifs, no buts.

Nice ground but if your from an interstate, can be a bit of hassle getting there as the trams are pretty much the only way to get there from the CBD.

Having been to a cricket game there last year, its not the most friendliness in terms of frequency of trams. I think the day I got there, there was a break down in trams /congested traffic near Southern Cross station.
Junction

Agree and I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne,public transport into the city today OK but getting there by tram,light rail not as good.No more cricket at the MCG I presume because of football but watching a cricket game there with 2,000 people no thanks.No way I would drive to Junction Oval,parking not good.

Last edited:
Hope he's okay but FMD Hunt is an awful fielder. Two games in a row he's cost the Redbacks a shot at winning with his drops.

I normally defend him but his fielding has dropped as much as his batting. Was probably the best fielder in South Australia until McSweeney turned up. That game against WA though was just one that I think even he would sit back and laugh at, awful.

NSW and Victoria starting 35 minutes later cos NSW need an advantage…
We're starting the earliest.

10:05 Vic vs NSW
10:30 SA vs Qld
11:00 Tas vs WA

But don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

Thanks for all the updates, I do have one question for everyone....

how the * does Harry Conway average 83 in List A cricket

staggering
He's only been out once

Remove this Banner Ad

Back