Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

sydney sweeney in knee high socks could well be a high point of madame web. if i were to see it anyway.

an uneducated thought, so feel free to knock it down - are writers one way that studios are scrimping on the costs of movies and series? tick the diversity box (not saying they aren't talented, i have no idea), but also cheaper and more pliable to overbearing studio demands?

sydney sweeney in knee high socks could well be a high point of madame web. if i were to see it anyway.

an uneducated thought, so feel free to knock it down - are writers one way that studios are scrimping on the costs of movies and series? tick the diversity box (not saying they aren't talented, i have no idea), but also cheaper and more pliable to overbearing studio demands?

I read something a while ago about writing in Hollywood, but this article is close to the sorts of things they are doing:

Studios are cutting writing budgets to the bone by hiring fewer people for shorter time periods, often without paying for lower-level writers to be on set during production, which makes it all but impossible to learn the skills necessary to run a show. On “Roar,” Flahive said, “we had to fight to budget for writers to prep and produce their episodes,” and some of her writers had never been to the set of shows they’d worked on, “which is astonishing to me.”

One point of contention in the W.G.A. negotiations has been “mini rooms”—condensed writers’ rooms that often take place before a show is green-lighted. Mini rooms give studios proof of concept while saving money, but they force writers to spread paltrier fees over longer gaps, working for shows that may or may not get made. “What you start to realize is that there is no advancing forward, because you’re constantly in these rooms where you’re being paid at a minimum

And then don't get my started on this recent trend of hired writers for comic book films, shows and then in a podcast or interview they'll say they haven't looked at any source material ???

I read something a while ago about writing in Hollywood, but this article is close to the sorts of things they are doing:

And then don't get my started on this recent trend of hired writers for comic book films, shows and then in a podcast or interview they'll say they haven't looked at any source material ???

interesting, thanks. everyone is aware of studio influence taking place, but using writers who have their hands tied behind their backs seems a lot like maintaining a façade of brains outside the board room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NGL, the Eternals bashing going around is a bit much, yeah it's boring but, in it you literally had a guy who spent decades as a cult leader emulating professor X and people keep shitting on how a giant robot is suddenly unable to be hidden at all. All this whilst "monsters" hid in random caves that no one stumbled upon as deviants bent on destruction and absorption just chill, for similar reasons, the rest of them just casually reinvented themselves every century to cause no concern to anyone as "meh, old gods go bye bye".

It fits no matter how boring it is and to me just highlighted that people aren't actually ready for the X-Men reinvention. I mean, where are they hiding all them Sentinels and why is no one talking about it or how mutants were always there and could do similar things right?

Both those things came from Celestials coming to Earth early days and tinkering with genomes you know, Celestials are the reasons mutants exist and Eternals, well Ikaris actually thought he had killed Apocalypse one time, so they are linked also.

Needed to go the Inhuman route though, series it up as recognise that movie does not work, as Eternals is far too much "this links to this links to that" to explain in a 2hr movie as to why people should care.

Haven’t come across that rumour before, what has been suggested?

According to insider DanielRPK, who shared the information on his Patreon, Captain America: Brave New World is slated to be the first to address the unresolved plotline from Eternals. The sequel is purportedly centered around an international conflict arising over the discovery of Adamantium, a metal related to the X-Men, on Tiamut, now transformed into an island. As countries vie for control of the valuable Adamantium resource, tensions escalate, forming the crux of the movie’s plot.

According to insider DanielRPK, who shared the information on his Patreon, Captain America: Brave New World is slated to be the first to address the unresolved plotline from Eternals. The sequel is purportedly centered around an international conflict arising over the discovery of Adamantium, a metal related to the X-Men, on Tiamut, now transformed into an island. As countries vie for control of the valuable Adamantium resource, tensions escalate, forming the crux of the movie’s plot.

Thanks, hadn’t come across that before. Tiamut the island, interesting how that will come to fruition.

32D0A8A2-0696-405F-B31A-A1ACE5DC2A09.jpeg

Thanks, hadn’t come across that before. Tiamut the island, interesting how that will come to fruition.

View attachment 1930521
especially given his arm extends up through the atmosphere, and hand into space im guessing. Can see the USA, China and Russia all competing for either that or the head, and subsequent ownership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back