FTA-TV Master Chef Season 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever seen Claire look happy?
Even during London week she was looking like someone had shat on her from a great height.[/QUOTE]

You could tell she had been crying about it in the commentary

or hat twat from last years show or the blonde
then it would be a contest for Marrion
the rest are just treading water anyhow.

so what exactly did aaron and claire do to show they didnt approve? yet again i missed one of the more talked about episodes.

Aaron was openly fuming, the look on his face was priceless, whilst Claire's body language clearly showed she wasn't happy. Then when they went to one of the post-event interviews it was clear that she had been crying

Haven't posted much this season as its been a pale imitation of the first season IMO (Heston's episode was brilliant though).

The standard of cooking this season, Marion aside, has been dreadful.

The casting process this year seems to have gone for "personality" over cooking ability. I think the more transparent tryout process of the first season gave a better set of contestants.

Don't get me started on the over production and everyone crying all the bloody time. Everything just seems so insincere and staged.

How the hell people like Callum, Jonathon and Aaron made it through to the final seven is perplexing. Jonathon particularly, he ****s up 75% of the dishes he produces and manages to scrape through elimination challenges. Absolute try hard w***er living in delusion land.

Kate making it to the show full stop is a complete joke.

Haven't posted much this season as its been a pale imitation of the first season IMO (Heston's episode was brilliant though).

The standard of cooking this season, Marion aside, has been dreadful.

The casting process this year seems to have gone for "personality" over cooking ability. I think the more transparent tryout process of the first season gave a better set of contestants.

Don't get me started on the over production and everyone crying all the bloody time. Everything just seems so insincere and staged.

How the hell people like Callum, Jonathon and Aaron made it through to the final seven is perplexing. Jonathon particularly, he ****s up 75% of the dishes he produces and manages to scrape through elimination challenges. Absolute try hard w***er living in delusion land.

Kate making it to the show full stop is a complete joke.

There's been no tears since about week 4. In fact, I'm hard pressed to remember the last time someone had a sook.

I think these guys are better technical cooks than last year however they don't seem to have the 'it' or 'wow' factor from last year (Marion excepted). By that I mean, that this years lot are probably better cooks from a recipe but last years contestants are better at cooking freestyle and inventing meals (again Marion excepted).

The only way Marion can lose is if she royally f**ks up in one elimination test but even so her future is assured once the competition is over anyway. Can't see the other contestants doing much when the show is over - maybe Alvin or Jimmy with their Asian and Indian influences.

I think Hat Twat has a chance to host something, needs to curb the sulking and stick to wise cracking though.

I just want to bloody know who owns the scooter that's always parked out the front

So I'm not the only one. Imagine Matt Preston scooting down the streets on that.

fat-man-on-motorcycle.jpg

I just want to bloody know who owns the scooter that's always parked out the front

Lol! would not be surprised if it was Aaron's.

I don't think the contestants this year are that bad at all. To be honest, if they chose them based on personality we'd get hysterics and non stop crying in every episode. Every contestant would be a Joanne or an Aaron. They're quite normal people. It's hard to tell from where we sit, how good the cooks are unless it's completely obvious (ie: Kate. What a shocker) but it's been stated a number of times by Matt Preston and likes that this group of contestants are actually better cooks than last year.

I still think Marion will win and I hope she does because she's killing it. If Skye wasn't such so clumsy at times, she'd probably be the only one to match Marion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't really blame some contestants getting pissed off with eliminated contestants coming back into the competition, just reduces their own odds of winning it. Although if you're good enough it shouldn't matter anyway.

Couldn't imagine Fat Matt getting around on a scooter so it's probably not his.

Not IMHO. When he gets it right he has been very good. He comes a cropper more often because I think his ambitions exceed his reach a lot of the time not because he's a poor cook, the Paris challenge being a perfect example. He's top 3 for me along with Marion and Adam.

People bag Callum and I think that with experience he'll improve a lot. He struggles quite a bit under pressure. However, Callum has actually won a few challenges. Has Claire even won anything yet? I honestly think Callum is a lot better than those 3 who just got back in and maybe even Aaron or Alvin.

People bag Callum and I think that with experience he'll improve a lot. He struggles quite a bit under pressure. However, Callum has actually won a few challenges. Has Claire even won anything yet? I honestly think Callum is a lot better than those 3 who just got back in and maybe even Aaron or Alvin.
I think Callum has a lot of talent but he needs a lot more experience, a helluva lost more.

Not IMHO. When he gets it right he has been very good. He comes a cropper more often because I think his ambitions exceed his reach a lot of the time not because he's a poor cook, the Paris challenge being a perfect example. He's top 3 for me along with Marion and Adam.

Disagree.

He has book knowledge of food, but has the cooking skills of an infant chimp. When a majority of your dishes don't work I think luck has as much to do with it as skill. He is a foodie, he thinks he is a chef because he has wrote learned recipes. He could not be more wrong.

His effort in Paris was funny to watch, especially as he considers French food to be his "niche" cuisine. Give him recipes with detailed instructions and his food is edible, ask him to use his own noggin and he fails miserably.

Cooks recreate from established recipes... chefs create dishes. Marion is the only chef in this bunch, the rest are barely cooks.

Callum is underrated IMO. That desert thing that he won with in London looked amazing. I agree he has lots of potential just needs experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back