News MCG and Docklands - Crowds up to 50% - now 75%

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it true Fremantle will only have the Round One game at the MCG? If so, I don't think the Melbourne v Fremantle game should be moved. Docklands still have a contract to hold a certain amount of games so that will need to be made up somehow if there are no game swaps.

Melbourne supporters barely turn up at the best of times, they should be moved to Etihad regardless.
Jog on, we were there first by about a century

I don’t blame Essendon for trying and getting some more money with a higher crowd allowed at the G.
I'm not sure we would've received that much more money.

Our Marvel deal is pretty sweet from memory, plus nearly all seats will be taken by members.

Have injection staff on the gates and jab everyone with the vaccine as they come in at all AFL venues, within a few rounds of footy we'll be back to full capacity.

likes.gif

Melbourne supporters barely turn up at the best of times, they should be moved to Etihad regardless.
It is their home ground. Just as Etihad is Essendon's and Carlton's home ground since they signed the deal.

Should we move Brisbane to Metricon because they don't pull the crowds during their poor years?

It is their home ground. Just as Etihad is Essendon's and Carlton's home ground since they signed the deal.

Should we move Brisbane to Metricon because they don't pull the crowds during their poor years?

No, because Brisbanes home city is Brisbane, not the Gold Coast.

Home grounds for afl teams have changed plenty of times, it's not that big a deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indigenous people were first by a few thousand years so that argument doesn't work that well.

You have a small fan base that is more suited to Etihad, the big clubs should play at the MCG.
Wew, comparing Collingwood taking over the MCG to colonists doing what they did to Aboriginal people. Especially after it came out in the last month that the Pies have serious racism issues. Well done.

Wew, comparing Collingwood taking over the MCG to colonists doing what they did to Aboriginal people. Especially after it came out in the last month that the Pies have serious racism issues. Well done.

I compared Collingwood taking over the mcg to colonists killing aboriginals by saying that indigenous people were on the land before the Melbourne FC were?

Is there something wrong with your brain?

So two bottom 4 sides, not content with a prime time Saturday night spot, also expect two other clubs to move their game just cos?
The argument is due to crowd numbers being so limited the amount of supporters who will miss out. Any other year fine. You can’t honestly expect 50k to turn up to Melbourne/Freo.

the chances of me being able to go are slim at best, I don’t see why both games could be played at the G.

The argument is due to crowd numbers being so limited the amount of supporters who will miss out. Any other year fine. You can’t honestly expect 50k to turn up to Melbourne/Freo.

the chances of me being able to go are slim at best, I don’t see why both games could be played at the G.

It's Melbourne's home game. Essendon's home ground is Marvel.

If Hawthorn played all their home games at the MCG more people would be able to go no?

So two bottom 4 sides, not content with a prime time Saturday night spot, also expect two other clubs to move their game just cos?
Absolutely no one expects for Melbourne and Fremantle to move their game.

Essendon requested to move the game to the MCG. Hawthorn and the MCC were on board, meaning the MCG hosts two games on Saturday. AFL denied it. End of story.

Smart fixturing by the AFL putting this on at Docklands in Round 1 when there was always going to be some limit on crowds. Would have thought it would have made more sense to put as many games at the MCG early then make up the Docklands games later in the year in the hope that crowd capacities go higher

By mid or late season if this game was at Docklands, the way many think these 2 teams will go, it may have struggled to half fill it

So? Times change, and now they're better suited to play at Etihad because their fans don't turn up most weeks.

It's rubbish, round 1 2019 we got almost 40k at the MCG vs Port. Similar story round 23 2018 vs GWS. We turn up in numbers comparable to other teams taking form into account.

Having an all ticket game is not new. It could wrk out better. Just give the home team first dibs earlier in the week.they’ll be no walk ups and the afl, mcc reserves may have to suck in from time to time

Limiting away fans to 5000 arbitarily if the 50% isn’t sold out is definitely farkd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back