Rumour McGovern wants out, hates us now and wants us to BURN IN HELL!!!1!!!11!

Does Shooter want to leave?

• Yes, he hates us and wants to go

Votes: 111 50.9%
  • No, he loves us and wants to stay

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • He also listens to The Clash

Votes: 31 14.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course Charlie got more money. With us, he had a deal for 2018 only.

I'm assuming he got more than a 1 year deal with Brisbane (for arguments sake, let's say 3 years) - I would definitely think he gets more for 3 years than 1.

Besides, he signed the extension deal with us in August 2015, when he had played only 25 games. There's every chance his 2018 year in that contract didn't accurately reflect the path his career did take. Did we expect him to play a further 50 games with the club in that time?

His Lions deal would more accurately reflect his worth as a 5 year, 73 game player, than the deal signed on potential as a 2 year, 25 game player.

Just like I'd expect Seedsman's next deal to be higher than his current deal.

Unbelievable. Are you really ignoring the simple reality that we'd have put a better extension to Charlie. Do you seriously reckon that a desperately wanted player wasn't offered an extension and a salary kick in an effort to keep him? How incompetent do you think our list management group is?

this is my only account. ..
it will all start will seeds and only a 2 year contract announced with in the next 2 weeks.
You seem pretty confident. I’ll give you that. But, people with long memories will remember that uber poster of “much respect” TAKMNS (or whateverthef*** he is called) tried to worry everyone that Sloane was going to leave and that proved false and he was/is revered around here for some unknown reason, so you have a battle ahead of you. Good luck on your endeavours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem pretty confident. I’ll give you that. But, people with long memories will remember that uber poster of “much respect” TAKMNS (or whateverthef*** he is called) tried to worry everyone that Sloane was going to leave and that proved false and he was/is revered around here for some unknown reason, so you have a battle ahead of you. Good luck on your endeavours.
i hear you. i only have one account. it seems anyone with info that they share get smashed false or true.
mark these words in seeds 2 year contract extension. announced with in the next 2 weeks..

not sure were i should post this. but any way a mate of mine runs a wine tour at the barossa. he is very clicky with a few crows players. anyway about 4 weeks ago the crouch brothers Cheney and seeds were down there they were all very open except matt crouch. mate said very reserved guy. brad on the the other hand very open.
cut along story short. brad will finish his carrier here at the crows thats right "BRAD"
Cheney seeds and matt all have intentions to go back to Melbourne. were not talking this year but the near future.
i believe seed will only sign a 2 year contract. announced very soon.
Matt will not sign another contract. Cheney i have no idea when his current contact ends. but from what i have heard it would be a 1 year extention on his current contract. but brad will be a one club player
What a classic, just when I thought there was a chance you weren’t full of s**t seeing you are so strong on your Seedsman prediction.

I’m watching the replay from Thursday night and at the end they are talking to Jon Ralph who states “Justin Reid has confirmed with me they are close to re-signing Seedsman and expect a 2 year deal”.

So you’ve just regurgitated Ralph and added some bullshit mayo.

You were found out again after the press conference, pull your head in and * off, you are some weirdo getting off on making bullshit player rumours.

Kool aid drinkers will clutch at any straw. Fancy being ignorant enough to believe that we wouldn't have tabled a new offer if Brisbane were offering him 2 more than our current deal.
We weren't in an auction for Charlie's services. He was contracted to us. They offered him a big pay rise and offered us a pick that we felt was more than he was worth.

When exactly would we have offered him a new extension, and why? It's not like we wanted to outbid Brisbane to keep him. We didn't need to, or WANT to.

Both us and Charlie got what we wanted. There is simply no reason or sense for the club to have done what you've said.

Conspiracy theory:

The AFL are sick of Carlton stinking it up and want to do something to boost them. Carlton came out and said they didn't want a priority pick, but since then have stunk it up in historic levels.

What if the AFL do give them a priority pick (Carlton do end up asking for one), but with the following deal in place.

Carlton get priority pick #2.

Carlton draft the Vic Country Mid fielder with pick 1.
Carlton trade pick 2 for our McGovern.
Carlton sign J McGovern as a free agent.

All of a sudden, Carlton strengthen their midfield, and gain experience in forward line and backline. We know the VFL love to meddle in things and like to dictate outcomes. They will 100% be wanting a Richmond type of turnaround for Carlton. This could all be agreed upon before the priority pick is agreed to.

We effectively swap McGovern for Lukosious and end up also drafting Rankine (he will slide due to home sickness concerns).

Assuming the McGovern rumours about the camp are true, the AFL and AFL players association manage to move McGovern and avoid a sticky situation.

Conspiracy theory for sure. BUT is it beyond possibilities?

Conspiracy theory:

The AFL are sick of Carlton stinking it up and want to do something to boost them. Carlton came out and said they didn't want a priority pick, but since then have stunk it up in historic levels.

What if the AFL do give them a priority pick (Carlton do end up asking for one), but with the following deal in place.

All of a sudden, Carlton strengthen their midfield, and gain experience in forward line and backline. We know the VFL love to meddle in things and like to dictate outcomes. They will 100% be wanting a Richmond type of turnaround for Carlton. This could all be agreed upon before the priority pick is agreed to.

We effectively swap McGovern for Lukosious and end up also drafting Rankine (he will slide due to home sickness concerns).

Assuming the McGovern rumours about the camp are true, the AFL and AFL players association manage to move McGovern and avoid a sticky situation.

I'm hoping that the AFL once again headhunt our head of football to go sort out a club in crisis.

Conspiracy theory:

Even if they get a PP it would be end of first round.

Back