Opinion McKernan....where to next? Stay or PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not keen on any of the young SA kids in this years draft?
Harvey yes ......but all SA lads are mids

Not even keen on Aish .....IMO will be too thin for modern midfielder who are getting bigger each year

Ian Shuttleworth - who was the one that broke the story - was on 5aa tonight and was insistent that it was absolutely correct that McKernan wants a trade to the Victorian club. He also pointed out that this was not inconsistent with what the Crows are saying - that he has not quit the club and returned to Victoria.

He said that relations between McKernan and the club are good and the likelihood is that in discussions with the club, McKernan has said that he would like to go home to Victoria but was happy to work with the club to make sure that it was fairly recompensed for his departure.

IMO McKernan is always going to be a could have been, He shows real classy glimpses, but only glimpses. He just doesn't seem to have the want to put it all together.

I'm happy for us to trade him as long as we get fair value for him.

This sounds a little closer to the mark than has walked out Gunton style. I doubt he'd be the kind of guy who likes the thought of entering the PSD, he'd much rather work with us to get where he wants. Best for both parties IMO, shame because the talent is there.

Most probably don't want to announce anything before the B&F.

Macca what do you consider fair value?

IMO McKernan is worth a pick in the mid 30's to early 40's. If he doesn't nominate a side and we have a couple of teams that really want him he might go a little higher, but not very much higher.

As others have suggested we might get better value if we can package him with a very marketable player in Henderson.

Giles was really the big stuff up last year. We would kill to get him this year, we would pay him more than he is worth, and we would play him next year. Blind Freddy could see the move towards 2 rucks again, with a small in the sub jersey to take over from one of the rucks.

Man how many KKP have you guys lost in the past 2 years or so....
Davis, Gunston, Tippet, Bock..... unbelievable, amazed that you guys are not a rabble....
and yet Smack still cant get a solid gig...

Smack has all the attributes to be a good player, doesn't seem to want it though, we would offer a 3rd rounder for him, but i think you could do better from the Dogs, or the Saints....

Man how many KKP have you guys lost in the past 2 years or so....
Davis, Gunston, Tippet, Bock..... unbelievable, amazed that you guys are not a rabble....
and yet Smack still cant get a solid gig...

Smack has all the attributes to be a good player, doesn't seem to want it though, we would offer a 3rd rounder for him, but i think you could do better from the Dogs, or the Saints....

yes it hurts, because that would be our entire spine down the line.

Still think losing Tippett hurt the most as we lose him for nothing.

campaignerson walking out the Club was really poor especially as he demanded to be traded to the Hawks too.

I'm not sure Davis really is a big loss Talia appears to have him covered in every element. He might not be here if we kept Davis.

And we'd be without Crouch and most likely Brown too.

I really don't care if McKernan leaves. Are we really at the stage where we are claiming the loss of any tall is a disaster? What if Dowdell requests a trade, will we scream about that too?

McKernan is very unlikely to ever play good footy here in Adelaide. Why on earth would we want to keep him? If he's not requesting a trade, we should be demanding it!

I really don't care if McKernan leaves. Are we really at the stage where we are claiming the loss of any tall is a disaster? What if Dowdell requests a trade, will we scream about that too?

McKernan is very unlikely to ever play good footy here in Adelaide. Why on earth would we want to keep him? If he's not requesting a trade, we should be demanding it!

A full strength squad, Smack would be the back up ruckman in the reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure Davis really is a big loss Talia appears to have him covered in every element. He might not be here if we kept Davis.
And with all due respects to Philty, who I am a fan of, give me Crouch and Brown any day! No doubt he would be handy with the lack of talls but I still think Tippett's loss hurts the most.

Put him in our team this year and we make the finals. Put Philty into the team and I am not convinced we do!

Giles was really the big stuff up last year. We would kill to get him this year, we would pay him more than he is worth, and we would play him next year. Blind Freddy could see the move towards 2 rucks again, with a small in the sub jersey to take over from one of the rucks.

People keep saying this but in reality he wanted to stay to be GWS's no 1 ruck. No realistic way to get him.

Nice story to think we "stuffed up again" but simply untrue.

Even though, I don't rate Smack. You have to respect the way he has behaved towards the club unlike the other two buffoons.

What's to respect? He's yet another who wanted outed of the club when we are struggling. Zero loyalty or character.

:eek: more bad news ............;)

Even though, I don't rate Smack. You have to respect the way he has behaved towards the club unlike the other two buffoons.

I think that we have learnt (and even more so, the players left behind have learnt) that while nobody will hold it against you if there's a legitimate reason to want out, there's a way to do it and a way not to do it.

I think that we have learnt (and even more so, the players left behind have learnt) that while nobody will hold it against you if there's a legitimate reason to want out, there's a way to do it and a way not to do it.

Exactly. Smack at least leaves with some respect and his integrity intact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back