MEGA THREAD***** Hawthorn vs Collingwood + umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hawthorn vs Collingwood + umpires

lulz @ the collingwood supporters trying to justify that rubbish.

i hear some cyndi lauper-true colours playing.....

The scary thing is the 2 worst umpires will umpire tomorrow then the GF umpires will be selected from the 6 maggots that umpired this week.....

Sack the Geish and the "rules committee".

So I'm guessing you guys didn't watch the first three quarters?

Free to Franklin against Davis for a block... allowed to elbow him in the head, that's fine.

Bloke who came into the back on Dawes close to the line... no free.

Jolly pushed in the back numerous times by Bailey... no free.

Hawthorn just generally throwing the ball... even the commentators said "he just threw that with an open palm"

We got the better of it in the last quarter, but Hawks had it all before then.

here, here

biggest load of rubbish i saw all night. and then that non call for hodges high

honestly. everyone can go on about things that went on during the game. but when its down to the final minutes in a prelim and you dont pay that.....disapponiting, is putting it mildly. we should be in the GF. If you are collingwood and think you deserve that. shame on you

Yes I do think we deserved to win and you're just a jealous Hawthorn flog. You MAD??????????????????? And to the rest of you jealous non Collingwood supporters..... EAT A DICK

If the wheels almost wobbled off this week imagine what's going to happen next week when the Cats deal with you. Will have 2007 written all over it. Enjoy the gift tonight that's about all can be said of your last quarter performance. You weren't in it at all until the gifts that just kept giving.

I hate Collingwood as much as anybody, but even I couldn't believe some of the frees that the Hawks got and some they weren't penalised for... Overall a typical inconsistent performance by apparently the best the AFL have got...

So I'm guessing you guys didn't watch the first three quarters?

Free to Franklin against Davis for a block... allowed to elbow him in the head, that's fine.

Bloke who came into the back on Dawes close to the line... no free.

Jolly pushed in the back numerous times by Bailey... no free.

Hawthorn just generally throwing the ball... even the commentators said "he just threw that with an open palm"

We got the better of it in the last quarter, but Hawks had it all before then.
Teams throw the ball all the time now, umpires would rather the ball came out than pay a free kick every time. Collingwood were doing it as well.

Re: Pies v Hawks holding the ball

I've had an absoltue gut full of umpires over umpiring the game. The past two weeks they've done their best to ruin games.

Put the ****ing whistle away, it's finals.

IMG_2476.jpg
IMG_2476.jpg
IMG_2476.jpg
IMG_2476.jpg
IMG_2476.jpg

So this is a few frames after Gisbon shoved Leigh Brown in the face?? clever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad kicking = bad football.
Bad umpiring = bad umpiring.

It would be misguided to simply say that umpiring cost Hawthorn the game - they became tired in the last quarter and missed a lot of opportunities throughout the game.

What is unfortunate though is that poor umpiring in the last quarter was material to the result along with other factors.

I genuinely hope this s**t doesn't happen next week for either side.

Ahh, that was a long train ride home.

Am disappointed, obviously, everyone likes to have their team in the grand final, but at the same time am bloody proud of the way the boys played tonight. They left it all out there, the intensity and pressure was fantastic, and the second and third efforts at contests were impressive.

We were pipped by a side who has been better throughout the course of the year in Collingwood, so congrats on the win tonight fellas and all the best in the big one next week :thumbsu:

Yes I do think we deserved to win and you're just a jealous Hawthorn flog. You MAD??????????????????? And to the rest of you jealous non Collingwood supporters..... EAT A DICK

Take your s**t to the bay... and you wonder why the rest of the football world despises you meatheads.

Re: Pies v Hawks holding the ball

Without any bias I thought the worst decision of the night was made by both the relevant umpire and Wellingham when he took that free kick despite being semi-conscious. A terrible decision by both of them but particularly the umpire. This was a decision made under no real pressure and excuse about being unsighted or being in the heat of the moment. Wellingham was wobbly when the ump asked him if he was okay and again when he was going back to take the kick.

Umps decision had no bearing on the game whatsoever but to ignore such obvious signs was a glaring lack of judge wrt player safety.

Regards

S. Pete

Hope everyone knows this just makes Collingwood supporters even happier to see everyone whinging.

First 3QTRS was all Hawks, and we got a couple sneaky ones in the last.

If you were any good you wouldn't have even let us back in the game. Suck it up, your backline capitulated, your forwards went missing, and your mids choked.

Enjoy the summer Hawkies.

Won the game for Collingwood. Hawthorn should put in a complaint cost them the game. What a disgrace.

The Finger doesn't like the divy, well that's a shock.

I didnt think the umpiring was too bad

A good call.

Anyone with a keen eye for the ruck contest will see Jolly and Leroy raped repeatedly.

A sad indictment this thread on sour grapes.

The non-free against Hodge in the final quarter.

The free against Puopolo.

Lost the game for the hawks.

Puopolo decision was correct - Dived on the ball - Poor play by Puopolo - Should have been moving the ball on.

Hope everyone knows this just makes Collingwood supporters even happier to see everyone whinging
Hope Pies supporters know that most people don't give a crap about them and are actually just calling it like they saw it. Novel concept I know.

Hope everyone knows this just makes Collingwood supporters even happier to see everyone whinging.

First 3QTRS was all Hawks, and we got a couple sneaky ones in the last.

If you were any good you wouldn't have even let us back in the game. Suck it up, your backline capitulated, your forwards went missing, and your mids choked.

Enjoy the summer Hawkies.

Not sure where all the bitterness is coming from. Thread is 95% neutrals.

To be honest the only one that I found somewhat questionable was the Puopolo decision and while i do not agree with it, going by this years interpretation that was holding the ball. I thought Collingwood clearly got the rough end of the stick from the umps in the first 3 quarters but that is ok because people dont want to admit that everyone makes mistakes.

Sometimes you just need someone to blame.

How about you focus on how good the Hawks were and how well the Pies did to fight back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back