News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

excuse my intrusion...

GREAT STUFF!!!
there is a genuine buzz about Melbourne now...
something for ALL of you to look forward to...
Roosie is about footy culture, think back to his Fitzroy days, he was great with team / club /supporters / members, then at the Swannies, his no dickhead policy, embracing The Bloods 'culture' and in my opinion, he WILL bring that and more to MFC.
i'm thrilled that Jimmy Toumpas (distant relative of mine) will be given a chance to learn now and hopefully blossom into a good footballer for MFC...

I look forward to some genuine hard core blockbuster games between Our Clubs...

enjoy trading period...it'll be a beauty for you

Has a season ever Been so bad only to potentially be so good a month later ? This poorness could be the best thing that's ever happened to us

Hang on to it. If we go down by 15 goals round one next year, could be one of the biggest bubble bursts of all time. Heads in the microwave.

Hang on to it. If we go down by 15 goals round one next year, could be one of the biggest bubble bursts of all time. Heads in the microwave.

No doubt , imagine if we won round one , we will be able to watch ourselves jerk it to roosy we will be so far infront of ourselves

We need to stick by roos 100%

He needs time

Absolutely, but the level of expectation has gone through the sub-basement and is working it's way towards the penthouse. Might be a few people tossing themselves off bridges if we get a sniff of more of the same next season.

Not expecting miracles but it's fair to say we're hoping not to be a complete shambolic mess getting plugged every other week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely, but the level of expectation has gone through the sub-basement and is working it's way towards the penthouse. Might be a few people tossing themselves off bridges if we get a sniff of more of the same next season.

Not expecting miracles but it's fair to say we're hoping not to be a complete shambolic mess getting plugged every other week.

Expectation is high no doubt

But rightfully so after pulling off a massive coup

Tough, accountable, spirited football is all I want to see next year

And if we don't see it, tears. They'll put it down to global warming, but really, it'll be us.

We really should have approached Kleenex for sponsorship. They'd have made a mint off us right now and when it inevitably goes pear-shaped early doors next year they'll have to open up new factories all over China to meet demand.

And if we don't see it, tears. They'll put it down to global warming, but really, it'll be us.

We really should have approached Kleenex for sponsorship. They'd have made a mint off us right now and when it inevitably goes pear-shaped early doors next year they'll have to open up new factories all over China to meet demand.

The great thing about Kleenex is that no matter whether we end up with pain or pleasure next year they have a market.

We need to stick by roos 100%

He needs time

You mean other than the 2-3 years he's willing to spend as coach of the club before handing us off to someone who actually wants the job?

I'm sorry, but I'm not excited about the appointment. Nothing against Roos as a person or as a coach. If he was genuinely committed to the club in the long term (2-3 years in the life of a football club is not 'long term') then I'd be behind him 100%. However, that isn't the case and I think it's garbage to consider him as anything other than a glorified caretaker coach. All he's doing is allowing the club and the AFL to have a face that will encourage members to stick by the club, sponsors to sign on and hope be maintained. That's not coaching, it's PR. Hardly a surprise since we've been taken over by the AFL.

We will improve, not because we've hired a babysitter for the next 2-3 years, but because we've gotten rid of Schwab. THAT is the most significant thing to happen to our club in recent memory and it will be the thing that allows us to become an elite organisation. Of course that is conveniently glossed over because it doesn't sell memberships or attract sponsors.

Now let's just wait to see who they appoint as senior assistant, because if anyone needs your support, it'll be them.

Looking forward to seeing Paul's views

On The

381736-tom-couch.jpg
?

If Watts stays and is still soft in 2 years time then he will have no trade currency because if Roos can't make a proper footballer out of him noone can.

You mean other than the 2-3 years he's willing to spend as coach of the club before handing us off to someone who actually wants the job?

I'm sorry, but I'm not excited about the appointment. Nothing against Roos as a person or as a coach. If he was genuinely committed to the club in the long term (2-3 years in the life of a football club is not 'long term') then I'd be behind him 100%. However, that isn't the case and I think it's garbage to consider him as anything other than a glorified caretaker coach. All he's doing is allowing the club and the AFL to have a face that will encourage members to stick by the club, sponsors to sign on and hope be maintained. That's not coaching, it's PR. Hardly a surprise since we've been taken over by the AFL.

We will improve, not because we've hired a babysitter for the next 2-3 years, but because we've gotten rid of Schwab. THAT is the most significant thing to happen to our club in recent memory and it will be the thing that allows us to become an elite organisation. Of course that is conveniently glossed over because it doesn't sell memberships or attract sponsors.

Now let's just wait to see who they appoint as senior assistant, because if anyone needs your support, it'll be them.

You cannot commit to anything or anyone for 5 years at one time, it is financial suicide.

He may re-sign after this contract is up but there are too many variables to give anybody a 5 year deal, look at the people who have come from the Paul Roos school of coaching in Ross Lyon and John Longmire both outstanding coaches who served under Roos.

If you aren't excited about this appointment then there is something wrong with you.

Have some confidence and enjoy the high

Nothing is inevitable

If Watts stays and is still soft in 2 years time then he will have no trade currency because if Roos can't make a proper footballer out of him noone can.

What if he's soft but playing awesomely?

Dont know that you can be soft in the types of role we want jack for and be awesome. Soft and awesome dont really go together very well anywhere on a footy field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back