Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm always a big believer of innocent until proven guilty. It's strange given all the accusations that TT hasn't been charged or put away yet. I'd hope that something would be sorted out by the authorities, because it's harrowing for everyone involved if it keeps dragging out without a resolution. If he's innocent then they should say so, or if he's not then throw the book at him and put him away.

My mum's partner was a DV counsellor and some of the stories are truly horrific. If they can prove that TT has done any of this stuff he's accused of then he really should be somewhere that he cannot threaten or hurt any others.

I reckon if he wasn’t an AFL player he very well might have copped some charges.

Always seemed he got off very lightly last year when it was all coming out, and it would be very on-brand for an AFL player to skate through on something a normal pleb wouldn’t.

I reckon if he wasn’t an AFL player he very well might have copped some charges.

Always seemed he got off very lightly last year when it was all coming out, and it would be very on-brand for an AFL player to skate through on something a normal pleb wouldn’t.
Or maybe we don't have the full details, just media reports, and they haven't yet got something concrete to charge him with. Or, maybe, as cops do at times, they're waiting until they have a wide enough range of charges to lay that they can be more assured of securing a conviction and an actual sentence so he doesn't walk free.

It is totally s**t that police work takes the time that it does (that's a clear matter of resourcing by government, not simply 'cops are s**t') and that any women concerned should feel as they do in the interim.

I'm also conscious that Thomas, as a more high profile accused person, is obvious tabloid fodder. When issues like this are conflated with his aboriginality in people's perceptions it does all of us no good at all, least of all Aboriginal people. It serves those who profit from social division though, such as arseholes like Murdoch.

Last edited:
Or maybe he's one of countless men with histories of misogynistic behaviour that go scott free, until it's too late and we read the victim's family saying "she feared for her life but couldn't stop him".

Innocent until proven guilty only goes so far when there's an alarming coincidence of repeat allegations like this.

Or maybe he's one of countless men with histories of misogynistic behaviour that go scott free, until it's too late and we read the victim's family saying "she feared for her life but couldn't stop him".

Innocent until proven guilty only goes so far when there's an alarming coincidence of repeat allegations like this.

Four separate courses to try to teach him to respect women and he’s still doing it tells me I wouldn’t want any female I know dating him.

No s**t. So is that the fault of police or the justice system? And so, how does a simplistic sloganistic line help anyone?

Anyway. This is the Brad Scott thread, not the Tarryn Thomas thread.
I seriously doubt he's going to play for us next year, thankfully.

No s**t. So is that the fault of police or the justice system? And so, how does a simplistic sloganistic line help anyone?
I'm not trying to argue about any system, just pointing out a statement that he's a danger to society isn't really incorrect.

It can, not does.

No one knows the full extent of what's happened. The police are still investigating. Further charges haven't been laid.

Stirring up emotional responses with those kind of statements does nothing to help the situation, and depending on what's discovered and how intense the community's emotion gets regarding the case, they can even negatively impact the prosecution's chances of securing an outcome that favours the victim if it hoes to court.

So no, it's not constructive and not helpful to anyone.
Always weird when people get super defensive and upset when people call abusers out for the piece of s**t they are.

Coaching well. Making good in game adjustments and most of the positional moves have worked out well with players buying in.

Mcgrath - permanent back
Martin - back
Durham - no.1 inside/defensive mid
Cox - centre fwd utility
Kelly - defensive wingman

We also seem to genuinely be addressing players area of weakness.

Martin - aerial work
Cox - contest and moved out of key back

Hope now we are genuine chance of finals and expectations rise that we can hold strong with approach. We don't go too conservative and still view this as a development year and keep building and adjusting.

Outstanding coaching. The Guelfi tag, Hind in (I was mad about this), our ability to control the game in the 4th.

I'm not going to criticize his selection if we keep putting up the results.
Agree, I would have liked to see laverde for hayes and also byran and caddy get games.

But understand tough to drop a key back/fwd for first gamers when you are winning and pretty injury free.

Definitely deserves from props for some of his coaching moves this year. His use of Guelfi when fit has been very good. Guelfi played important roles in shutting down Sicily and then this week on Whitfield. Both those roles went a long way to us winning the games.

Also deserves major props for fixing up the mix of the midfield which has been an issue for us for years with us being unable to compete under any real heat from quality opposition.

I look forward to 8 more years of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t care what anyone says he is definitely coaching for us to win as many games as possible. Best way to coach imo. Coach for now because tomorrow never comes. Don’t worry about age pick your best team possible, don’t gift anyone any games and if your good enough your time will come.

Should have thrown fists when that silly MF asked him about Tarryn Thomas

What's weird is an intelligent person not explaining the need to be pragmatic rather than emotional, knowing the system and stakes.
Always weird when people get super defensive and upset when people call abusers out for the piece of s**t they are.

In hindsight so glad we didn't get Lyon or Clarkson.
fire superhero GIF by South Park

Anyone know much about the effect Ben Jacobs is having on the team?
Our team defence has markedly improved this year - was highly rated by Scott while he was a player and has moved up from being a development coach to having his own line in only the space of a year so must be pretty highly rated as a coach too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back