Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyfe and weller or kennedy and barrass or gtfo. If for no other reason than i'll do myself in living in Perth with these W@nkers if we get shafted... Jesse please think of the children.

For what it's worth, I think big Jesse is staying. He wants to up his value, and we'll literally pay him anything next year. Especially if it looks like we'll be getting dust/wcedockersplayers in return. A big year next year and his value to us will be immense. I think he'd be silly to sign now. He holds all the cards and its not like the MFC will be giving the best young forward in the comp an ultimatum. The speculation just adds more $$$ to the offer.

No way do I want Kennnedy he's 29, we need a KPF that's in the right age bracketfor a tilt in 3-4 years time.

I don't think we've said anything, have we? They were commending us on radio this morning for staying quiet and not feeding the flames

Goody said pretty clearly on Friday night coaches box on SEN he was confident Jesse will stay. But he also said that they have a good relationship and will keep talking, probably into next year. Didn't sound like there was any rush at all.

No rush, even if we don't get as much next year, another yet of Hogan will put us in a far better position to push for finals and - even if he leaves - makes us a far more attractive proposition for free agents.

i still think if he can't commit long term then we trade him now, I'm not that concerned about losing him but as long as we get a good deal for him unlike some recent trades. Ballantyne for Darling, Darling, Hannoth and Freo's first round for Hogan.

Here's the key I reckon. If we re-sign both Dawes and Pedo, we're up s**t creek and goody can't find the paddle.
If we get rid of one (which I suggest we do anyways), we are 80% sure we'll keep him. If we get rid of both, everyone go out and buy your number 1 jumpers as this kid has already signed long term

Tim Watson on Talking Footy using "Sandilands coming back next year will bolster Freo along with Fyfe and Bennell so that could see Hogan consider Freo a great place to play footy with sustained success".
Fair dinkum Watson just WANTS Hogan to leave.
Sandilands is 33 FFS! Hardly a selling point.
FWIW Tom Browne who they cross to each Monday night for a quick 2-3 minute news snapshot is a bit of a fence-sitter so not sure where he got the info re Hogan "more than likely signing on".
Tim Watson just sour grapes because his kid makes shite coffee.

Here's the key I reckon. If we re-sign both Dawes and Pedo, we're up s**t creek and goody can't find the paddle.
If we get rid of one (which I suggest we do anyways), we are 80% sure we'll keep him. If we get rid of both, everyone go out and buy your number 1 jumpers as this kid has already signed long term
Dawes has been a a great guy within MFC but I would move him on and try to get Ty Vickery. If we have to lose J Hogan then bring in Darling from WCE. Then a Vickery (CHF) Darling (FF) forward line might not be so bad. If we lose Hogan to Freo for little gain our KPF options are basically stuffed. Best option is to keep Hogan but we have to plan for worst case. Thoughts?

Dawes has been a a great guy within MFC but I would move him on and try to get Ty Vickery. If we have to lose J Hogan then bring in Darling from WCE. Then a Vickery (CHF) Darling (FF) forward line might not be so bad. If we lose Hogan to Freo for little gain our KPF options are basically stuffed. Best option is to keep Hogan but we have to plan for worst case. Thoughts?
No. No. Please god no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Watson on Talking Footy using "Sandilands coming back next year will bolster Freo along with Fyfe and Bennell so that could see Hogan consider Freo a great place to play footy with sustained success".
FWIW Tom Browne who they cross to each Monday night for a quick 2-3 minute news snapshot is a bit of a fence-sitter so not sure where he got the info re Hogan "more than likely signing on".
Watson is seriously in la la land when it comes to trading.... I doubt he has mail on anything, leaving him to his seriously shallow understanding of team balance and lists.

This situation is like when you've got a girlfriend (or boyfriend) who says they need some space. Different people handle it differently. Some give them time to work it out. Some get too nervous and demand an answer which usually results in getting dumped. Some will try really hard to romance them to win them over while still acting like they are giving them space to decide. Some in find somebody else because they don't want to wait.

This situation seems not that dissimilar... Which guy are we? Which girl is Hogan?

Article again says a lot of nothin':

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-20/manager-says-torn-hogan-unlikely-to-leave-melbourne

Hogan is contracted with the Demons for next season and his manager Tom Petroro has quashed talk the 21-year-old forward could be headed to Fremantle or West Coast in next month's NAB AFL Trade Period.

"He's contracted at Melbourne and he's been really comfortable with the Dees, I can’t see that happening," Petroro said at the launch of NAB AFL Trade Radio.

upload_2016-9-20_15-0-55.jpeg

This situation is like when you've got a girlfriend (or boyfriend) who says they need some space. Different people handle it differently. Some give them time to work it out. Some get too nervous and demand an answer which usually results in getting dumped. Some will try really hard to romance them to win them over while still acting like they are giving them space to decide. Some in find somebody else because they don't want to wait.

This situation seems not that dissimilar... Which guy are we? Which girl is Hogan?
I think we are a pretty calm, mature guy that looks a bit like Gregory Peck. Hogan is like Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca, which means he will stay at Melbourne but be generally debauched and psycho and eventually will pretend to be pregnant to someone else so we will strangle him on a boat which we will sink to hide the evidence.

I think we are a pretty calm, mature guy that looks a bit like Gregory Peck. Hogan is like Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca, which means he will stay at Melbourne but be generally debauched and psycho and eventually will pretend to be pregnant to someone else so we will strangle him on a boat which we will sink to hide the evidence.
Well, as long as he commits...

I wonder what the ruling is within the AFL to provide a footballers family with financial assistance? I'm not sure how sick Jesse's dad is, but the club need to back him 100%. I suppose it falls under the salary cap.
Jeez I hope the Dee's play finals next year and Jess dominates. He looked pretty down the second half of the season this year.

Tim has been making some irrational calls on Melbourne based teams all year. He hates the MFC. It's all been over the Bombers scandal and he has tried too drag other teams through the mud. Pretty unprofessional in my book.

Tim has been making some irrational calls on Melbourne based teams all year. He hates the MFC. It's all been over the Bombers scandal and he has tried too drag other teams through the mud. Pretty unprofessional in my book.
Its likely because i'm up north and dont have a lot of exposure to him, but the bloke is either delusional, clueless, has a serious vendetta against us or a combination of the three going off those comments.

Fyfe's return will mean that Freo's midfield runs as deep as he and Neale ... just ask GAJ how well teams go with that sort of depth. Bennell is about as likely to turn a game off his own boot as he is to either go unsighted or be injured ... plus, a season long calf injury? how that hasn't been investigated further i'll never know. Finally, if they're expecting a 34 year old Sandilands to pick up where he left off in 2015 they're dreaming.

If it comes down to deciding where will lead him to greater success, it'll be a no brainer.

Article again says a lot of nothin':

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-20/manager-says-torn-hogan-unlikely-to-leave-melbourne

Hogan is contracted with the Demons for next season and his manager Tom Petroro has quashed talk the 21-year-old forward could be headed to Fremantle or West Coast in next month's NAB AFL Trade Period.

"He's contracted at Melbourne and he's been really comfortable with the Dees, I can’t see that happening," Petroro said at the launch of NAB AFL Trade Radio.

View attachment 290853

Says to me he isn't going to request a trade home this season, but he isn't signing a contract yet so this is going to drab on for another 12 months

Reading this thread I would have assumed we're more like Kathy Bates in Misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back