Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad Cornes on Jed McEntee’s shutdown role on Tom Stewart:

“He's another one that cops it a little bit from outside, not that I read it anymore but it filters back. He is just the ultimate, you love coaching him and the players love playing with him. Supporters will often look at output and stats and that obviously comes into it as well but he had the role on Stewart twice last year and was outstanding in both games. He's done roles like that last year and to see him back to his best on a really, really good player, Stewart is one of the best, so Jed did it really well, and he had some good help from his teammates.”
Chadbro is one of these more intellectual followers of the game you're always going on about, yes?

“He's another one that cops it a little bit from outside, not that I read it anymore but it filters back. He is just the ultimate, you love coaching him and the players love playing with him. Supporters will often look at output and stats and that obviously comes into it as well but he had the role on Stewart twice last year and was outstanding in both games. He's done roles like that last year and to see him back to his best on a really, really good player, Stewart is one of the best, so Jed did it really well, and he had some good help from his teammates.”
You reeled him in with ease, well played!

If AFL broadcasts were limited to a single behind-the-goals camera angle, people would be talking about Jed like they talk about Dustin Martin and Chris Judd.

I think Ken should play a cardboard cut out version of Jed. Will get as many touches
Just get one of the other forwards to pick the cardboard cutout up and whack Tom Stewart with it every few minutes.

Does anyone believe his "not that I actually read it anymore"?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting stat on Jed McEntee from 2023.

Found out Champion Data ran a +/- stat given they have access to interchange data.
Now of course it’s not as effective in AFL because some players play 98-100% game time like key defenders, and one players effect when there are 36 on field is far less than only basketball’s 10.
The CD stats count games missed, and also don’t take into account the strength of the opposition for those missed games.

But here are some of the ones I could find.
Trent McKenzie. 1648 mins onfield at +16 pts per 100mins, vs 647 mins off field at -10th per 100 mins = net +/- of +26.
Travis Boak. 1408 on at +2/100 vs 866 off at +21/100 = net +/- of -19.

And here’s the kicker….

Ranked top for Port Adelaide.

One Jed McEntee.
1433 on at +20/100, vs 842 off at -9 = net +/- of +29.

We played out best football with Jed on field.

Hinkleyball? Or Moneyball?

Found out Champion Data ran a +/- stat given they have access to interchange data.
Now of course it’s not as effective in AFL because some players play 98-100% game time like key defenders, and one players effect when there are 36 on field is far less than only basketball’s 10.
The CD stats count games missed, and also don’t take into account the strength of the opposition for those missed games.

Trent McKenzie. 1648 mins onfield at +16 pts per 100mins, vs 647 mins off field at -10th per 100 mins = net +/- of +26.

And here’s the kicker….

One Jed McEntee.

In other words, Jed McEntee and Trent McKenzie are our best two players.

Just saying I told y'all before the stats proved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long tagged Stewart tonight (and he was even less effective than last week), whilst Long kicked 4 goals and handed off several assists as well.
Better on so many levels than Cheese.

And here’s the kicker….

One Jed McEntee.

The king of being carried 🤣

Does anyone believe his "not that I actually read it anymore"?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

it would be highly likely that his zoomer girlfriend scrolls and reads stuff out to him when they're laying in bed and he just angrily reacts to it, probably just insults the username and assures himself everyone on the internet is a loner freak "and who said that? 'Doctor Feel'? yeah ok champ, doesn't make you sound like a pedo at all"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back