Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haselby just not right.

Bell out.

No Headland.

Matthew Carr in poor form, Josh struggling a bit.

Who'll come in? I think Peakey, Macca and Walker will have to step up again and maybe Schammer (still lacking confidence in disposal) will play in the midfield.

Can we afford to play Pav in the middle v Western Bulldogs?

hoss said:
Haselby just not right.

Bell out.

No Headland.

Matthew Carr in poor form, Josh struggling a bit.

Who'll come in? I think Peakey, Macca and Walker will have to step up again and maybe Schammer (still lacking confidence in disposal) will play in the midfield.

Can we afford to play Pav in the middle v Western Bulldogs?

I reckon Mcpharlin switch to CHB, with Johnson at FB were going to kill them in the air and those guys have th speed to rebound.

Unless our guys make some giant improvements our drive must come from CHB.
Perhaps bring Roger back as well.

I think it's quite simple, we simply have to win the clearances. If they get more ball than us, we are going to get cut to pieces. But if we can give our midfielders first use of it, and get it up to our forwards quickly, we're a huge chance.

And if Matthew Carr plays we may as well concede defeat. He is by far the most gutless player on the field.

Rob said:
I think it's quite simple, we simply have to win the clearances. If they get more ball than us, we are going to get cut to pieces. But if we can give our midfielders first use of it, and get it up to our forwards quickly, we're a huge chance.

And if Matthew Carr plays we may as well concede defeat. He is by far the most gutless player on the field.
I would agree when people say the MC has shoddy disposal at times, and that he has been making some poor decisions, but gutless?
Big Carr is one of the most physical players we have, and he is not "gutless" by any stretch of the imagination.
We must be watching games, if not different sports.

Roundhouse said:
I would agree when people say the MC has shoddy disposal at times, and that he has been making some poor decisions, but gutless?
Big Carr is one of the most physical players we have, and he is not "gutless" by any stretch of the imagination.
We must be watching games, if not different sports.

You sure you're not thinking of Josh?

Matthew goes in half arsed, gets bundled off the ball as if he was a 30 kg weakling and constantly drops the ball and/or turns it over when confronted by a little physical pressure. Gutless.

Rob said:
You sure you're not thinking of Josh?

Matthew goes in half arsed, gets bundled off the ball as if he was a 30 kg weakling and constantly drops the ball and/or turns it over when confronted by a little physical pressure. Gutless.
Like I said we must be watching different games.
Cookie tends to drop the ball a lot and turns it over when under pressure also. Does that make him "gutless"?
I think you are confusing poor form and a lack of confidence with being "gutless", or at least being a bit harsh on the guy.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about this one.

We will look quick if we move the ball quickly and precisely.

We will win if we turn up to play and one of our big forwards can get on top.

It is going to be a fine balance, If we go too tall up forward and do not use the ball well they will run it out and do some serious damage on the way out.

Pavlich must play forward.

Campbell is not a required player this week.

if Headland is suspended we will be desperate for good quality midfielders. There is no chance of Matt Carr being dropped.

We must play Gilmore this week and give him a direct task, this week could be the making of Gilmore as a good AFL player. He will run and break the lines.

Haselby is hard issue, he is making a contribution but he is normally so much better and is clearly restricted. He is not moving fit.

well we need to play man on man thats one thign for sure we let the opposition move the ball too easily with our style of footy see how swans played in canberra man on man dont let them get easy football,

but our players dont have the braisn to do that thats the reason why we will get killed in this match if doggies dont have ball they will man up but other way we never do

This is one week where our tendancy to bomb the ball into the forward line might just pay off lol. How many players over 6'2" do they have left ? Irrespective of that if we cant get our share of centre clearances we ll cop a flogging. Lets hope they come to play.

Yeah i think we'll see Webster and Crowley return. Campbell should be given another run though i'd prefer to see Duffield return. The last thing we want to do is go too tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The match ups in midfield are going to be crucial this week;

for mine...

Dodd to tag Cooney
JCarr to tag West...very closely!
Hasleby, McManus, Schammer, Peake, Black, Headland (if there), Walker, MCarr all to spend time in the middle...we'll need an extra runner midfield this week with Belly missing...Cookie logicial but I'm thinking too slow...

A defensive tag on Lindsay gilbee might be a good idea as well...a-la the Wirrpanda tag by Thornton in the derby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back