Game Day Mighty Ports vs wiggles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else see the vision of Mitchell spitting at Gray?

Another true champion.He'll be coaching them next year.

Definitely should not have been paid a free kick. What Shuey did was NOT cheating, he is entitled to try and evade/break the tackle, but it should have been called play on.

It's a holding the ball free.
He's not trying to break the tackle he's trying to draw the free which won them the game.
His sole intent is to get the tackler's arm up to his neck so he can throw it back like he's been lassoed from a horse and milk yet another free kick.
It's cheating all day long in my book.

1128777.gif
Haha, fair call. :p

Not to mention Pinchgate where a player was besmirched/ found guilty/and sanctioned without anything which qualified as evidence.

Whately on Offsiders is calling it "The Shuey Shrug":his signature move!
He's said 'there are four of five players in the league who draw these frees but Shuey is way and above the best of them.'
Cheating little pricks like him will see us with a video review system like NRL's Bunker.
Arguably a greater shitfight.
Did Whately call it deceitful, duplicitous and distasteful? :D

I thought you guys couldn't stand him. It is a Shuey special, but Whately is a cats man who should know it's Joel Selwood baby in the end.

Priddis has a very good work ethic, gave 100+ minutes all night.
Yeah its funny isn't, the howls of supporters for him to be paid out and retired were defeaning mid season,make no mistake tho he was a BIG part (along with that absolute flog mitchell) in getting WC over the line. Was responsible for some key clearances and hard ball gets.
Shuey and co (gaff lol).... will need to lift there rating significantly i contested footy just to tread water next year.

I kind of want the Eagles to make the Grand Final just so we can all laugh about their MCG performances once again. But the media hype for the Eagles, ever since they fell into the top 8 due Melbourne and Don Pyke doing the right thing, has become painful. Now Channel 7 is showing a replay of last nights game and that ducking cheat Luke Shuey is being described as a hero.

I think I now want them out sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Sounds like nothing to worry about then. The Eagles can't win at the G.

Richmond having another week off potentially means they can lose momentum. The Eagles have a bad recent record at the MCG winning 3 out of thier past 9 games there.

As a Richmond supporter my concern is the momentum stopper (the week off) may return for the Tigers.

I also think back to round 12 2015: West Coast defeated Richmond at the MCG by 20 points (Friday night), and leading leading into that game Richmond had the bye the week before (before the bye they beat the Dockers by 27 points in Perth to stop their winning streak) and the Eagles didnt have the bye.

In my opinion the bye stopped the Tigers momentum and the Eagles were just a bit too good.

I think Richmond are a better side then two years ago, but the Eagles have enough handy players to be dangerous.

Plus for some reason i always get a bit nervous when the Tigers play West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond having another week off potentially means they can lose momentum. The Eagles have a bad recent record at the MCG winning 3 out of thier past 9 games there.

As a Richmond supporter my concern is the momentum stopper (the week off) may return for the Tigers.

I also think back to round 12 2015: West Coast defeated Richmond at the MCG by 20 points (Friday night), and leading leading into that game Richmond had the bye the week before (before the bye they beat the Dockers by 27 points in Perth to stop their winning streak) and the Eagles didnt have the bye.

In my opinion the bye stopped the Tigers momentum and the Eagles were just a bit too good.

I think Richmond are a better side then two years ago, but the Eagles have enough handy players to be dangerous.

Plus for some reason i always get a bit nervous when the Tigers play West Coast.
You will lose to either GwS or west coast. Tiger peak too soon against Geelong .

Have faith lad. Richmond will piss all over GWS or WCE.

Its Richmond....its hard to have faith at times.

I get the feeling that there is something different about the playing group this time. They've woken up. The turning point has been reached. That sort of thing... it's Mabo.. it's the vibe.

Been watching a fair bit of Richmond recently. Got a good mate who is a Richmond supporter.

Definitely should not have been paid a free kick. What Shuey did was NOT cheating, he is entitled to try and evade/break the tackle, but it should have been called play on.

No way - should have been HTB against him after waiving rights to high contact from shrugging and dropping the knees.

Did Whately call it deceitful, duplicitous and distasteful? :D

I thought you guys couldn't stand him. It is a Shuey special, but Whately is a cats man who should know it's Joel Selwood baby in the end.
Whately is becoming my most hated media personality. Sits there in his ivory chair pointing the finger at other clubs, using their misdemeanors as sources for his next column tirade while being totally ignorant of Geelong.

Plus he looks like a camel and his nose moves when he speaks.

Whately on Offsiders is calling it "The Shuey Shrug":his signature move!
He's said 'there are four of five players in the league who draw these frees but Shuey is way and above the best of them.'

For Whately to come out with this, when the guy he fawns over (J Selwood) is unequivocally the original and most expert offender (both generally accepted and supported by statistics), is just frankly incredible. His credibility (admittedly already down to the lowest of levels) is plumbing new depths.

Whately is becoming my most hated media personality. Sits there in his ivory chair pointing the finger at other clubs, using their misdemeanors as sources for his next column tirade while being totally ignorant of Geelong.

Times two - knob jockey. Which sequeways me nicely to the thought that he should now just focus on the horses.

I kind of wanted this. Scrape into finals, find a win and finish top 6. Lower draft pick, tougher fixture next year.

But now the fear is real. GWS are ripe for picking off and the Tigers coming off a bye at the MCG could implode. Both unlikely but the thought of it already is leading to nervy times ahead.

Are you serious? I hold zero fears that WC make a GF. Simply cannot happen in 2017 - they are completely hopeless. Can't win contested ball for four quarters and no other opponent will be as hapless as Port at finishing them off. Will go out losing by 50 when it happens.

Are you serious? I hold zero fears that WC make a GF. Simply cannot happen in 2017 - they are completely hopeless. Can't win contested ball for four quarters and no other opponent will be as hapless as Port at finishing them off. Will go out losing by 50 when it happens.
You don't had fears because you don't support them , but I doubt GWS ,Richmond will be thinking they can win it easily now just because you don't fear them . In a knock out competition anything is possible until they are totally out.

If you put 250k on GWS to win , your story will be different .

You don't had fears because you don't support them , but I doubt GWS ,Richmond will be thinking they can win it easily now just because you don't fear them .

You should watch more AFL and then apply basic logic to the situation. GWS will wipe WC and then lose to Richmond the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back