Milne v Betts

Who will be considered the better player when all is said and done?

• Betts

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Milne

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Can't separate em

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Betts:
12.2 disposals, 4.7 handballs, 3.2 tackles, 3.1 marks, 1.9 goals (66% goal accuracy) & 1 assist per game
Finals: 10.5 disposals, 3 marks, 2.5 goals & 1.1 assists in 10 finals played

Milne:
11.9 disposals, 2.8 handballs, 1.7 tackles, 3.6 marks, 2.1 goals (63% goal accuracy) & 0.6 assists per game
Finals: 10.9 disposals, 3 marks, 1.5 goals & 0.4 assists in 16 finals played

I think by the end of Betts' career we will be seeing him as the better player, hell he has arguably had the better career already but its really hard to split them atm. Milne was amazing at his best and he did it for longer than Betts has right here and now.

Betts' best was better, but Milne was the best small forward in the league for nearly 10 years. Betts has had a lot of poor form in his career, so Milne probably gets the gig. Milne also had a very solid record in big games, and he's one of few small forwards we've seen who could have such an influence on his teams' performance.

Betts' best was better, but Milne was the best small forward in the league for nearly 10 years. Betts has had a lot of poor form in his career, so Milne probably gets the gig. Milne also had a very solid record in big games, and he's one of few small forwards we've seen who could have such an influence on his teams' performance.
Yep, Eddies best is better but Milne did it for 10 years +, i'd be happy with either but I'd take Betts.

Unlike you two gentlemen above, I saw both play and am able to judge objectively as I am not a lies man. Daicos was an absolute superstar but to suggest that Betts does not deserve to be judged alongside is simply not right.
And yes, Daicos kicked some freakish goals but Eddie seems to have a knack for freakish goals also...

If the ball is in the pocket and you need someone to pick the ball up and kick a miraculous winning goal. Betts

If the ball is near the goal line and you need a point to win, so you need someone to watch the ball bounce past them for a point. Milne

If the ball is in the pocket and you need someone to pick the ball up and kick a miraculous winning goal. Betts

If the ball is near the goal line and you need a point to win, so you need someone to watch the ball bounce past them for a point. Milne

Every player would have watched that ball bounce past them, perhaps except for a perfectly timed dive from Dustin Fletcher- it wasn't close enough to grab. A couple to a few metres away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milne was the focal point in attack in a few very good teams, consistently delivering. Like others have mentioned, Betts probably more talented but unless he can finish career off at a similar standard as the last few years I'll take Milne.

Back