Certified Legendary Thread Mitch watch - get that boy a contract - UPDATE: 2 year contract secured!

Remove this Banner Ad

Far from the main issue but is a part of the problem which he can’t afford to be at his age. Probably isn’t a part of our best chance at a premiership

And so it came to pass that the greatest team in the land recognised the talent of our unflashy, unflinching loyal warrior and rewarded him with riches of many contacts.

Sadly, his time on the battlefield, championing our cause may be edging closer to a finale 😭😭😭.

However, our valiant warrior has stolen out hearts and demonstrated his ongoing value to us, the people, through his media exploits that champion his fellow men of the oval.

We must now don out thinking caps and find ways to help him withdraw from the battlefield with dignity, our respect and good wishes.

Perhaps we may ease the burden of the broken body and wounded heart by finding a place that enables the hero to continue to champion our club through a media position.

And so it came to pass that the greatest team in the land recognised the talent of our unflashy, unflinching loyal warrior and rewarded him with riches of many contacts.

Sadly, his time on the battlefield, championing our cause may be edging closer to a finale 😭😭😭.

However, our valiant warrior has stolen out hearts and demonstrated his ongoing value to us, the people, through his media exploits that champion his fellow men of the oval.

We must now don out thinking caps and find ways to help him withdraw from the battlefield with dignity, our respect and good wishes.

Perhaps we may ease the burden of the broken body and wounded heart by finding a place that enables the hero to continue to champion our club through a media position.

What is the most dangerous creature on this planet you ask? A person with nothing to lose.

Make him the GF medical sub.

What is the most dangerous creature on this planet you ask? A person with nothing to lose.

If we did make the GF and Mitch wasn't selected, he'd surely be a lock for the sub.

Assuming he isn't top 22 l love this

Mitch would give it everything and die trying to get us over the line. Gaurenteed he would in bed for days recovering after the game.

I think he deserves that opportunity - in the bad years he was important for motivating players and getting our team to perform and improved. Don't discount the contribution of an ADHD fanatic to lift a group of people.

I'm nearly wiping a tear from my eye imagining Robbo coming in during a GF and just going full tilt, launching himself everywhere and just being a wrecking ball..

ahhhh

And then hacking it into the forward 50 without looking into the loving arms of Steven May :(

Mitch has stated that his career is at a cross roads (bless him, he has actually turned the corner).

so post playing - Rovlogs aren't the most polished or have the most scintillating content but they are a brief window into the woking of the club and the players.

I'm old and I enjoy them. Andrews was somewhere (school or club) with a bunch of young kids that were talking and asking questions about robvlogs. And he has over 30k subscribers, and many more watch.

Would other clubs pay to have him produce content for them? He already has the brand, and his vision is very different from anything professional club media produces.

Note - people have said it looks like the team mates aren't happy with what he does/goes about it. Last blog debunked that.

Mitch has stated that his career is at a cross roads (bless him, he has actually turned the corner).

so post playing - Rovlogs aren't the most polished or have the most scintillating content but they are a brief window into the woking of the club and the players.

I'm old and I enjoy them. Andrews was somewhere (school or club) with a bunch of young kids that were talking and asking questions about robvlogs. And he has over 30k subscribers, and many more watch.

Would other clubs pay to have him produce content for them? He already has the brand, and his vision is very different from anything professional club media produces.

Note - people have said it looks like the team mates aren't happy with what he does/goes about it. Last blog debunked that.

Honestly I'd expect he'll stay in Brisbane next year and work with the club in some capacity. Think he provides plenty of good off the field and the club would be keen to keep him around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be comfortable to say that some team mates dont want to be involved too much. But thats like any group in that some people dont like being in photos or filmed. Some people are just happier to avoid that sort of "pressure". But I think it would be reasonably accepted by the players on what hes doing.

But I agree while its non-traditional for club media, continuing the vlogs could really work. There's a lot of people and especially kids who like them. Keeping that engagement up would be great

Honestly I'd expect he'll stay in Brisbane next year and work with the club in some capacity. Think he provides plenty of good off the field and the club would be keen to keep him around.

I’m not so sure. There have been plenty of hints from him and his partner, that the next stage of life for them is in Melbourne when Robbo retires. His partner has posted pics of cottages with separate art space for her business.
Plus she was also asking followers on Instagram about rental houses in Brisbane a few months ago as they put their house up for sale. She was also I doing a big clean up. Now not sure if it sold or not, but I found those posts interesting.

I still think Robbo got something to offer even though I think we playing some younger kids ahead of him.
Maybe a couple of years at North work out well for both.

I still think Robbo got something to offer even though I think we playing some younger kids ahead of him.
Maybe a couple of years at North work out well for both.

Mitch needs a couple of years at North like a hole in the head.

Come to think of it, who does need a couple of years at North?

I'd be comfortable to say that some team mates dont want to be involved too much. But thats like any group in that some people dont like being in photos or filmed. Some people are just happier to avoid that sort of "pressure". But I think it would be reasonably accepted by the players on what hes doing.

Joe Daniher top of the list. Hates the GoPro.

Dan Rich loves it. Always gets in

Mitch came to us when we just as bad.
I say he was at least a part of what turned us around.
Agree with these comments

However, when he came to us , it was because we threw him a lifeline after Carlton tossed him on the scrapheap.

He has re-payed us in spades.

You would have to ask the man himself but my gut feeling is that he loves the Lions and identifies with us more than with Carlton.

I would hate to see us shop him to another club, especially a basket case like North.

Agree with these comments

However, when he came to us , it was because we threw him a lifeline after Carlton tossed him on the scrapheap.

He has re-payed us in spades.

You would have to ask the man himself but my gut feeling is that he loves the Lions and identifies with us more than with Carlton.

I would hate to see us shop him to another club, especially a basket case like North.
I'm sure the club is now at the point where they do the right thing by all players. And I can't see him being tradeable at this point in his career, so if we didn't want to sign him we'd happily let him walk to wherever he wants to go. As you rightly mentioned, he has re-payed us in spades, it was a huge win-win for both partys, probably way better than either ever thought it would.

I'm not sure that he is a required player past this year, definitely not for our best 22. But I think he would make a great reserves captain and is someone worth keeping in the club.

I'm not sure that he is a required player past this year, definitely not for our best 22. But I think he would make a great reserves captain and is someone worth keeping in the club.
Yes him and Froggy be great for the young kids.
will really depend on what he wants to do.. or what we want to do with him

Yes him and Froggy be great for the young kids.
will really depend on what he wants to do.. or what we want to do with him
Part of the reason why I think it really is time for a proper national reserves grade is so that teams can have something like a reserves captain, like a Robbo who stays on a few years before transitioning full time into coaching or into real life instead of playing in state leagues, but their pay is not part of the salary cap and there are only very few exceptions that could have them getting a call up to the senior side. I think it would benefit everyone involved including the AFL. Currently the VFL is serving as an almost reserve comp but IMO it does create imbalance in the competition for the WA and SA teams. Personally a national reserves comp would get better viewership than the state leagues or the AFLW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back