MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Joe Maddon stuffed up today. Subs Arrietta which was fair enough and brings in leftie Clayton Richard as the next three batters up are lefties. Utley and Seager hit singles so two on, no outs. Up next is another leftie, Gonzalez who has a 8 for 13 record against Richard. He owns the guy. Surely you take Richard off. First pitch Gonzalez hits sagely to left field, Dodgers score go 1-0 up top of the eighth.

Think Joe Maddon stuffed up today. Subs Arrietta which was fair enough and brings in leftie Clayton Richard as the next three batters up are lefties. Utley and Seager hit singles so two on, no outs. Up next is another leftie, Gonzalez who has a 8 for 13 record against Richard. He owns the guy. Surely you take Richard off. First pitch Gonzalez hits sagely to left field, Dodgers score go 1-0 up top of the eighth.

Clayton Richard should never come out in those situations. The starting rotation plus Grimm, Strop, Rondon have been mostly elite his year but just need to find that one BP arm that can regularly get lefties out. The following 2 games against the Dodgers were a lot better, finishing the series 3-1. Very pleasing to see how Javier Baez performed today..

Edit: So, the Padres were sitting pretty up 12-2 against the Mariners at the top of the 6th, now it's the Mariners who lead 16-12 after their 7th inning.

Last edited:
Mariners 7 straight 2-out singles in that 9-run 7th. That's pretty cool

Not looking forward to 3 games at Wrigley, not on exposed form. At least they're at 4:20am so I need not bother!

I am just watching the Chicago vs Philadelphia game and a fan was ejected for reaching slightly over the fence and trying to catch a long hit. It took them 5 minutes to review the play and there was only a few inches in it whether it would of cleared the fence. Can anyone tell me why the fan was ejected? His woman left with him!

I am just watching the Chicago vs Philadelphia game and a fan was ejected for reaching slightly over the fence and trying to catch a long hit. It took them 5 minutes to review the play and there was only a few inches in it whether it would of cleared the fence. Can anyone tell me why the fan was ejected? His woman left with him!

An article contained one of his tweets and the fan said that he was moved. The commentators yesterday said as much after the incident. It's a shame he was even moved. You pay for one set of seats, you expect to remain there the entire game. He and the girl he was with didn't exactly look like drunks.

Edit: Just read that Jorge Soler has gone to the 15 day DL and Albert Almora has been called up. He's not in the lineup today but expect to see him soon.

Last edited:
On a 5 game winning streak after a 4 game sweep of the Angels and picking up the first game against Detroit. Still miles back though and barely treading water

I didn't see it, but generally if a fan interferes with a ball that could (in the umpire's view) be catchable by the fielder, then the umpire will rule the batter out and generally the fan is asked to leave.

Probably the most famous example is the Steve Bartman interference during the eighth inning in game six of the NLCS between the Cubs and Marlins at Wrigley Field. Bartman tried to grab the ball while it was still in play and disrupted a potential catch by Moises Alou. Had Alou completed the catch, a second Marlins batter for the innings would have been out; instead, the Cubs surrendered eight runs in the inning and lost the game 8-3. They went on to lose the seventh game and be eliminated from contention.

Foul_ball_alou.jpg

The umpire didn't rule there was fan interference because the ball had broken the plane of the wall separating the field of play from the stands.

There's a 30 for 30 documentary produced by ESPN called "Catching Hell" about it.

Interestingly, although Bartman still resides in Chicago, he's apparently never been back to Wrigley Field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see it, but generally if a fan interferes with a ball that could (in the umpire's view) be catchable by the fielder, then the umpire will rule the batter out and generally the fan is asked to leave.

Probably the most famous example is the Steve Bartman interference during the eighth inning in game six of the NLCS between the Cubs and Marlins at Wrigley Field. Bartman tried to grab the ball while it was still in play and disrupted a potential catch by Moises Alou. Had Alou completed the catch, a second Marlins batter for the innings would have been out; instead, the Cubs surrendered eight runs in the inning and lost the game 8-3. They went on to lose the seventh game and be eliminated from contention.

Foul_ball_alou.jpg

The umpire didn't rule there was fan interference because the ball had broken the plane of the wall separating the field of play from the stands.

There's a 30 for 30 documentary produced by ESPN called "Catching Hell" about it.

Interestingly, although Bartman still resides in Chicago, he's apparently never been back to Wrigley Field.
Seems overkill to me. All the fans get excited when a ball goes near them. Chances of the ball going right to that person again are incredibly slim as it is. Can understand if they've done it twice in one game or something.

Foul_ball_alou.jpg

Thanks for that. However, in this situation the fence he just reached below was about 20 feet off the ground. No fielder would of caught it. His interference actually cost his team one base from the review!

Been absent for a while gents but season is heating up.

Obviously i'm pretty happy with the Rangers! Best start in history (Rangers) and 21 games over .500 with another solid win over the O's today.

Cubs blew a chance in the 9th as well!

D'Backs 4-game sweep in Philly makes me happy. Need to do similar vs Toronto & Colorado on this road trip though to get back near .500, and maybe, just maybe, dare to dream of being relevant in a Wildcard race...

Good to see Shelby Miller pitch 6 innings of 1 run ball

Gave me chills to watch that blast.... how much was Wrigley rocking after it?

It most certainly was, my friend. I loved the embrace by Contreras and Almora Jr after Willson's HR. This team is so thrilling to watch. One of my favourite things to watch on a daily basis is the defense of Russell and Baez in the infield. Just spectacular.

It most certainly was, my friend. I loved the embrace by Contreras and Almora Jr after Willson's HR. This team is so thrilling to watch. One of my favourite things to watch on a daily basis is the defense of Russell and Baez in the infield. Just spectacular.

Along with the brute force of Rizzo and Bryant when the winds blowing out.
Hopefully Schwarber will be back to where he left off and join in the blast fest once the knee recovers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back