Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for Jack (Silvagni), whilst I agree his year was 'solid', reckon there's too much material there for him to be excluded.

Solid in so far as 15 games averaging less than 15 possies a game, 9 goals (for a guy who spends a fair portion of his time in the forward line), and still yet to poll a Brownlow vote in his career.

He's no superstar but throwing up his stats doesn't tell the story. He's a one-percenter guy - always does the team thing and impacts games in ways that don't get recorded. Enough to finish top 10 in our BnF this year (not that this can be used as an indicator for Mofra as Saad who finished #6 is already in there - yeah we had a s**t year. :p ) Confident anyone that watched his games closely this year wouldn't have him anywhere near a bottom 50 list - even a satirical one.

But I'm risking a serious discussion breaking out here, which is unnecessary :) Hey I agree with all the others on your list.

Last edited:
Is anyone willing to speculate on the players to come from their club?

I'll start: Nat Fyfe [for his inability to kick a goal] and Michael Walters.

McKernan for his inability to do anything but be tall.
Luke Dunstan for his ability to score brownlow votes while being s**t.
Frawley for being old and washed up.

You can check my intuition after its all done and dusted.

Maybe Jack Lonie can finally get some recognition. 87 game small forward who only kicked a goal in 2 of his 9 2021 games.

There will be some quality spuds in the next 22. I think Rory Atkins should get a Guernsey. Caleb Graham should as well.

By rights we’ll have plenty in the top 20.

Worpel - not sure what he does.
O’meara - he does less than Worpel.
Shiels - offers less than both.
Wingard - one of football’s biggest frauds.

There are others.

Wingard - proof that Motlops know where the deed poll office is.

Mofra is always looking for melt-value, so I half expect him to pick JSOS just for the salty gratification he'll receive from us.

If he wants salt from Carlton supporters he can just go to any of the threads on the main board?

Why Carlton haven't approached Saxa to be their major sponsor is beyond me.

Last edited:
Jimmy Rowe
Billy Frampton

Hoping Jeremy "Jezza" Cameron gets a spot considering how much he is paid and how much the Cats gave away to get him. And how s**t he is.

From my mob. Sam Reid is a perennial but probably a bit vanilla for Mof. I mean we all know the story. As predictable and annoying as bin night.
Callum Sinclair. Also probably a bit vanilla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North could probably fill the rest of the nominations if oppo supporters could identify them. Atley sums the team up atm from an external POV.
The only one with enough profile is Stephenson. Although he had a decent year on field he is the gift that's keeps giving off field with the Covid take and drunk BMXing.

Hoping Jeremy "Jezza" Cameron gets a spot considering how much he is paid and how much the Cats gave away to get him. And how sh*t he is.

From my mob. Sam Reid is a perennial but probably a bit vanilla for Mof. I mean we all know the story. As predictable and annoying as bin night.
One cost a 2nd rounder and delivered a Premiership.
The other cost 3 first rounders and delivered no Premiership.
Screenshot_2021-10-28-05-35-51-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Hoping Jeremy "Jezza" Cameron gets a spot considering how much he is paid and how much the Cats gave away to get him. And how sh*t he is.

If there is any justice in this world, James Bell should feature here.

Player #23 - Stephen Coniglio
View attachment 1268630
Pictured: Cogs weaves around an orange cushion, which was only slightly more ffective than Gary Rohan in this years' finals series

Stephen "Cogs" Coniglio is the GWS captain on a mega 7 year, $7 million dollar contract. He has successfully led them to SFA for years now.

Now, nobody would argue that Cogs is a bad player. Nobody (except for his manager) would argue he's worth anything remotely close to $1m per season though.
There are single origin organic macadamia mylk tumeric lattes being served with manuka honey in an artisan ceramic non-symmetrical cups that were hand crafted by a half blind gypsy woman in a small town just outside of Mansfield that you've never heard of *deep breath in* that offer better value for money than what GWS are paying Cogs. The players getting paid less than Cogs reads like a 'who's who' list of AFL stardom - Max Gawn, Jack Macrae, Christian Petracca, Ollie Wines, Sam Walsh and Gav Urquhardt.

Averaging less than 15 touches and kicking just one goal this year from his 7 games, there was even a push to trade him to Freo which was rejected immediately because (unbelievably) Freo don't manage their list that badly. It seems to be a case of the AFL media reading Wikipedia, working out he was from WA, and making up a link to the team that could afford him. The media have made up a lot of stories over the years - Clarkson would definitely coach Hawthorn next year, Michael Talia 'lost his phone' and David Hille having a girlfriend were some of the sillier ones.

Cogs was a gun cricketer in his younger days and had to choose cricket or football as a teenager. He ended up chosing football because he has an aversion to sandpaper. Aside from football, Cogs also runs some restaurants and has a 'keen interest in fashion', which is reminiscent of every footballer in the 2000s starting a T shirt company.
Cogs also won the Jim Stynes community award in 2019 making him one of the few decent people who play for GWS.

Cogs, enjoy the off season and welcoem to the Bottom 50 for 2021.

Bloody hell. How did you manage to find 22 worse players?

This is going to be a ride and a half !!

$150k per game and $10k per touch. And he still has 5 or 6 more years to go !!

Benita, Noni and the 2 Johns was my era.

Loved 'em all

EDIT - fu** , Donny Spencer was my jam too
I remember seeing Justine Clarke start in playschool and absolutely butcher I’m a little teapot. Somehow managed to carve a career as childhood entertainer after that..

If there is any justice in this world, James Bell should feature here.
Under 20 games and nobody outside Sydney knows who he is.
Too s**t even for the bottom 50.

I remember seeing Justine Clarke start in playschool and absolutely butcher I’m a little teapot. Somehow managed to carve a career as childhood entertainer after that..
She was in Beyond Thunderdome, she gets a pass.

Under 20 games and nobody outside Sydney knows who he is.
Too sh*t even for the bottom 50.
We’re all subjected to the annual parade of Bulldogs nuffies. I suppose I could start my own thread and do whatever I wanted, but it looks like a lot of goddamned work. Plus apart from the occasional lewd pun, I’m not funny.

That was the best football I've ever seen from any Melbourne team in my lifetime.
Chatting to dees mate of mine and he found it orgasmic.

His far norf queensland missus on the other hand had zero clue on how good it was.

Why are Norf queesnlanders so uncultured?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back