Money in the Bank (2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero buildup? They've been pushing Ambrose as the MITB frontrunner since he qualified.

Would have thought a win over Brock at Mania would have done a better job of getting him over as a legitimate title threat rather than comedy sketches and matches with Jericho leading to MITB, just an opinion.

The cena we saw at mitb is the kind of cena I can stand on my Tv. Don't necessarily want to see him as champion but he was bordering on interesting.

More varied move set. Sold like a mother trucker. Let aj work.

He honestly looked more like thuganomics era cena.

Would have thought a win over Brock at Mania would have done a better job of getting him over as a legitimate title threat rather than comedy sketches and matches with Jericho leading to MITB, just an opinion.
I think if he beat Brock at Mania then Roman would've looked even worse by comparison, especially around WM time. The WWE may slowly be coming around to the fact that Roman isn't Cena 2.0 and have changed plans, who knows? But at WM the entire booking strategy was "make Roman look strong" and they can't do that by having someone else beat Brock.

Ambrose still won his feud with Jericho and despite the average quality of the feud and the comedy angels he's booked stronger than most of the roster.

Plus they've always hyped Shield tension and we know Ambrose has gotten close to Reigns and Rollins in the past.

The crowd reaction was great for the cash-in.

The cena we saw at mitb is the kind of cena I can stand on my Tv. Don't necessarily want to see him as champion but he was bordering on interesting.

Cena is a solid worker and shines when he is with a good wrestler like AJ and Punk. Hoping this fued goes on until Summerslam. They have MOTY in them. Unless we get AJ vs Seth or Nakamura

Bring back Prototype! ;)

That was Reigns first clean singles loss for quite some time.

Looks like it was a RAW episode, on March 2nd, 2015. Ironically, it was a pinfall loss to Seth Rollins.

Other pinfall losses were not clean.
Loss to Wyatt at Battleground was due to interference.
Loss to Sheamus was after Sheamus cashed in Money In The Bank
etc etc.

That was Reigns first clean singles loss for quite some time.

Looks like it was a RAW episode, on March 2nd, 2015. Ironically, it was a pinfall loss to Seth Rollins.

Other pinfall losses were not clean.
Loss to Wyatt at Battleground was due to interference.
Loss to Sheamus was after Sheamus cashed in Money In The Bank
etc etc.
According to Reddit his last clean singles loss was against Adam Rose in FCW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Reddit his last clean singles loss was against Adam Rose in FCW.

Was that when he wrestled as Leakee? Would be a loss to Leo Kruger then (Adam Rose).
If it's right, that's one hell of a push.

Just checked that RAW match vs Rollins, there was interference including a chair shot from Kane.
All singles losses as Roman Reigns were due to interference or cashing in MITB.

MITB 2016 was his first clean singles loss as Roman Reigns. Quite a record.

Does he have Hogan-esque creative clause? :huh::p:D

It wasn't a clean loss for Reigns as the referee was down and couldn't count the pin.
Rollins didn't cheat or mean to knock the ref down, it was just an accident. That counts as clean.

It was clean, Reigns ran into the ref, he wasn't pushed.

You could claim he should have won if not for unforseeable circumstances, but thats about it.

Agreed.

Also clean because when the finish came, it was undeniable.

No cheating or interference. Reverse the spear into a pedigree, followed by another. Clean win.

I'm a little more used to that after watching NJPW main events. It's when the person copping the finishers doesn't at all act like they did anything to him ...
Spear into the pedigree would've been the best finish. Instead Reigns gets the near fall, has to cop another one straight after. Makes Seth look a bit weaker than what he should have. Plus makes the Doctor coming out more ridiculous as he kicked out of the first pedigree

Spear into the pedigree would've been the best finish. Instead Reigns gets the near fall, has to cop another one straight after. Makes Seth look a bit weaker than what he should have. Plus makes the Doctor coming out more ridiculous as he kicked out of the first pedigree
I didn't mind it, as far as kicking out of finishers go.

Made Seth look ruthless too as he immediately grabbed Roman and hit another one rather than freaking out too much at the ref and losing his cool. He was just like "nah * that, this is my title, come here".

Last edited:
I liked the order of his pedigrees. If the spear one came second then people would bitch about Roman no selling the first. When Seth picked him up again he was completely out of it. Plus its pretty standard to kick out of a finisher these days

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I liked the order of his pedigrees. If the spear one came second then people would bitch about Roman no selling the first. When Seth picked him up again he was completely out of it. Plus its pretty standard to kick out of a finisher these days

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This.

AJ and Cena kicked out of each others finishers earlier in the night. Happens every PPV now.

No surprise Reigns kicked out of the first one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back