The Iron Claw - Von Erichs movie releasing Jan 18th 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

official-poster-for-the-iron-claw-v0-uuuceroyf40c1.jpg

official poster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in case you don't know the full story (and the movie will gloss over some details/timelines), this is a full account of the tragedies.

If you are planning to see THE IRON CLAW - i saw it today - ******** BRILLIANT!

I saw it last night and agreed, it is a great movie. If anything they've sugar coated parts of the story because the real story is so screwed. Cleavy's post is worth reading but if you can find it, the 1993 Wrestling Observer year book (my wife bought if for my birthday a few years back) has an incredible overview of the Von Erichs and there other stories which were mind-blowing (the 60 minute match between Flair and Kerry when Kerry was so doped out he didn't know where he was comes to mind).

I saw it last night and agreed, it is a great movie. If anything they've sugar coated parts of the story because the real story is so screwed. Cleavy's post is worth reading but if you can find it, the 1993 Wrestling Observer year book (my wife bought if for my birthday a few years back) has an incredible overview of the Von Erichs and there other stories which were mind-blowing (the 60 minute match between Flair and Kerry when Kerry was so doped out he didn't know where he was comes to mind).
the WO site posted the "Death of Kerry" issue (1st March 1993) a few weeks back, so presumably we're talking about the same thing?

Might have to see whether any of the premium cinemas near me are showing it. I’m hearing universally great reviews, I just gave a hard time paying to go to a cinema to sit in a chair less comfortable than the one in my lounge room.

Saw it on Wednesday night. Best movie seen in a long time. Zac was awesome in it. 2+ hr run time goes by so quickly.

Bring some tissues for it. It's so sad i admit i cried.

Watched it today, tough watch at times and the stuff with the Father.

Done very well.

The match between Kevin and Flair that ends in DQ they made out that wasnt suppose to happen? Did i miss something here any back story to it?

Last edited:
Watched it today, tough watch at times and the stuff with the Father.

Done very well.

The match between Kevin and Flair that ends in DQ they made out that wasnt suppose to happen? Did i miss something here any back story to it?

Flair was always ultra-professional in terms of sticking to the booking. It was Fritz that decided that all of the boys had to look strong and the DQ finish allowed that. Mike wrestled Flair early on and went to a similar finish. I think that was added for the movie. That would always have been the agreed finish.

Flair was always ultra-professional in terms of sticking to the booking. It was Fritz that decided that all of the boys had to look strong and the DQ finish allowed that. Mike wrestled Flair early on and went to a similar finish. I think that was added for the movie. That would always have been the agreed finish.
There's a fair bit of coverage on that incident. Supposedly it was "real".

The timing was different than the film - after David's death but before Mike's. Supposedly Kevin did take some liberties in the ring with Ric and they called that DQ as an early finish. I guess it's hard to know whether they were being carnies or he really lost his cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back