The Iron Claw - Von Erichs movie releasing Jan 18th 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc Haynes gives great coverage of the film.

There's a fair bit of coverage on that incident. Supposedly it was "real".

The timing was different than the film - after David's death but before Mike's. Supposedly Kevin did take some liberties in the ring with Ric and they called that DQ as an early finish. I guess it's hard to know whether they were being carnies or he really lost his cool.
Ah - that does make sense. I have read that many wrestlers did not enjoy working with Kevin because he did take liberties.

Just watched the movie, was well done. A very sad story though, their family was truly cursed.

If I was nitpicking, the actor that was Kerry/Texas Tornado was too small. Almost thought Zac Efron should have swapped with him, but then again he wouldn't have been the main character. Sucks that they didn't have one of the brothers in the movie either.

Also lol at MJF's hair.
1707961158151.png

Just watched the movie, was well done. A very sad story though, their family was truly cursed.

If I was nitpicking, the actor that was Kerry/Texas Tornado was too small. Almost thought Zac Efron should have swapped with him, but then again he wouldn't have been the main character. Sucks that they didn't have one of the brothers in the movie either.

Also lol at MJF's hair.
View attachment 1905671
I felt similar to you about the casting - you almost want the brothers flipped, but I can't see that Zac's agent would have gone for that.

It probably spent too much time in the movie with Kevin and not enough with Kerry, but there's probably a few reasons for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back