Mookay - still not best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

At least he came back during the game and did something when it mattered. Progress.

Historically he would hit back in a few weeks time at home against a dud opposition.

Agree with this, usually it would have been an 8 possession quarter with a majority of them in junk time to pad the stats. What he did was real sieze the moment stuff, unless you are an out and out star you have quiet patches but when it goes your way, make the most of it...and he did. All 3 goals were quality and the stuff you'd have confidently bet your houseand children on him stuffing up all three chances last year.

It seems strange to ask but if Mackay has a 25 goal season, are we a flag chance?

Agree with this, usually it would have been an 8 possession quarter with a majority of them in junk time to pad the stats. What he did was real sieze the moment stuff, unless you are an out and out star you have quiet patches but when it goes your way, make the most of it...and he did. All 3 goals were quality and the stuff you'd have confidently bet your houseand children on him stuffing up all three chances last year.

It seems strange to ask but if Mackay has a 25 goal season, are we a flag chance?

In addition when you are an outside player, to some extent you depend on others to supply you the ball. It's what you do with that supply that ultimately matters.

And Mackay gives too many frees away.
Did you see that push in the back he gave Puopolo ;)

Is this the correct thread to continue moaning about the ridiculous free kick to Poupolo?

afl.com.au's Whistleblower shower had Hayden Kennedy defending the decision saying he could see why the umpire paid if. Clearly admits himself that at most Mackay 'lay' on Poppy's back yet still thinks a 'push in the back' free was fine.

Even Hawthorn fanatic Nat Edwards told him she thought it was holding the ball against Poppy but Kennedy disagreed - absolute disgrace that he can sit there and defend the decision. Pure bullshit. Still makes me fume two days later.

But is happy to make stuff up like knowing exactly what Mackay has been told to do.

Isn't that what you've done though? I saw Dmac run with Rioli in the middle but not follow him when Rioli ran forward and got the ball. I don't think it was a hard cool, more just going to a player when the stoppage sets up and then do something different once general play starts again.

I'm relying on years of history on what wingman do.

Should we use your excuse from now on when a midfielder doesn't touch the ball "but you don't know what the coach told him to do!!!!".

We should give up actually giving our opinions on the game given we we will never know what they've been told, better to rely on astute observations like "I saw him chasing", this is a lot more credible.

The "you don't know his role, Noble said there are non-statistical roles" has historically come right before the player's leadership skills are vital for our young players otherwise we'll become Melbourne overnight.

Isn't that what you've done though? I saw Dmac run with Rioli in the middle but not follow him when Rioli ran forward and got the ball. I don't think it was a hard cool, more just going to a player when the stoppage sets up and then do something different once general play starts again.

Brown took Rioli when he was in the forward 50. I think they've realised Mackay is a s**t wingman, a s**t outside midfielder and a s**t contested 1 on 1 mark, so have given him a role where he stays outside the arcs and runs with players who like to get into space.

So......if Carlton called right now and said Gibbs for Mackay straight swap, would you do it.

I would not :cool:

This is getting extremely tedious. I was the first to mention that I saw Mackay cooling Cyril at times during the game: fact. Whether he was playing in the midfield at the time, I neither know nor care. Perhaps, it was a random occurrence as part of team defence? I, too, would prefer to see Mackay restricted to running, receiving, overlap running, and lasering 50m goals. This is the best use of his resources.

p.s. I also seem to be the only one noticing Dougie being gut-punched by Shiels in the first!
Would you like a prize ?

I made no comment on that aspect, just a general observation. Jeez, Elite, mate, put down the bone! You're starting to approach a Marty level of doggedness. Have you taken him to dinner yet?
2d44652a2d58547f46c74dbc8d3d7a48.gif

Yes! Three pages of discussion on how the filthy Hawthorn snipers should be suspended by the MRP for gut-punching our wonderful Crows players. That's what normally happens. ;)
Skim reading is your friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned in another thread, I am 2.5 quarters into the Hawks game. I will finish it tonight. Let me say it is easier to find Wally. Looking forward to seeing what all the hoohaa is about though.

Kid obviously needs to find consistency over 4 quarters.
No hoohaa

01dd94dfad388a3e941ed32ccba1b848.jpg

Is this the correct thread to continue moaning about the ridiculous free kick to Poupolo?

afl.com.au's Whistleblower shower had Hayden Kennedy defending the decision saying he could see why the umpire paid if. Clearly admits himself that at most Mackay 'lay' on Poppy's back yet still thinks a 'push in the back' free was fine.

Even Hawthorn fanatic Nat Edwards told him she thought it was holding the ball against Poppy but Kennedy disagreed - absolute disgrace that he can sit there and defend the decision. Pure bullshit. Still makes me fume two days later.

Don't worry Hayden Kennedy hated us too. That just shows how out of touch umpires are with the average human.

Ok after being at the game and being highly critical of Mackays game and then reading the love in on here I thought did I get it wrong?

I watched the replay tonight and no I didn't get it wrong.

He was literally invisible until the 3 minutes to go in the third qtr when he was on the receiving end of other forwards good work and ran in for an easy goal.

In the fourth again he was on the receiving end of Knights good play and kicked a great long goal.

Then he was on the receiving end of others good work for an easy goal. Talia took a great intercept mark, handballs quickly to Mackay who handballs off and then runs free why we move the ball and Atkins makes a nice pass to Mackay who kicks an easy goal.

Besides that I think I saw one other decent handball from Mackay.

3 kicks have somehow lifted his status to playing well. He didn't play well. He was invisible for a majority of the game. If we are happy to accept that from a senior player then we are too easily pleased.

If I missed something about his game, feel free to let me know.

Last week he was great, against the Hawks he was poor except for 3 kicks and that's not good enough.
Pretty sure he wasn't "literally invisible". Though if he can manage that, we should plonk him in the goalsquare. He'd kick 15 every week!

Pretty sure he wasn't "literally invisible". Though if he can manage that, we should plonk him in the goalsquare. He'd kick 15 every week!
I watched the second quarter last night, he wasn't cooling Rioli or anyone else that qtr, he was doing a lot of running around and I saw one kick.

I watched the second quarter last night, he wasn't cooling Rioli or anyone else that qtr, he was doing a lot of running around and I saw one kick.

Imagine what posters woould be saying about Hampton if he had done what Mackay had done in the last, he is getting praised for 10 tackles, the board would explode with Joy if hampton had kicked those three goals in the last.

Shows the favoritism people have, doesnt it?

It's actually hard to know what to make of an outside midfelder who:

- Has a long history of playing rubbish to vanilla in most games every season, with a couple of good games thrown in
- Plays well in the Round 1 game
- Does nothing for most of the Round 2 game but then kicks 3 goals

Well, the aim of football is to outscore the opposition. So by scoring goals, Mackay was actually a 'damaging' player on Saturday. Hell, if he morphs into a goalkicking mid who contributes 30 sausage rolls a season, I'd continue to play him.

Mackay has definitely saved his selection for the Showdown. But say he spuds it up against Port (and let's be honest, that's a material possibility). Given his history, I'd have him back on the chopping block. Two bad games in a row and it's back to the SANFL. But I genuinely hope DMac has turned the corner and our newfound outside game will allow him to blossom. I've hated seeing Mackay's name on the team sheet, but not because I dislike him or don't want him to do well. I want him to do well and contribute to the Crows winning.

So......if Carlton called right now and said Gibbs for Mackay straight swap, would you do it.

I would not :cool:

I would do it in a heartbeat. Hell, I would even pack Davey's bags for him and buy him an airfare.

Too many bad memories surface every time he gets the ball. He is and always will be a spud of the highest order.

2 games of above mediocre performance (for him) doesn't come anywhere near to making up for 9 years of crap.

IF (and that's a big if) he makes 200 games he will be the worst player in AFL history to do so.

What a plodder. Please Seed get fit, Menz thereabouts, but it's time this primadonna takes up his natural position amongst the depth players on his way to being paid out and delisted. Heat is on and shock horror, Dmac has gone missing. Adios muchacho.
Menzel comes in surely, hope he has a good day tomorrow. Even Gallucci for speed.

He MAY have some credits in the bank from his first 2 weeks plus another solid summer but he wouldn't want to play like that again.

Had a chance to put them away late in the 3rd and duffed it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back