eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Wouldn't mind it. I hope Essendon gets one of the regional games in "Magic round"

1970crow

TheBrownDog
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, quite.

The Ballarat situation is a joke. The Victorian ALP porkbarrels and hands over cash to the AFL to secure games in a marginal state regional seat, and the teams sent to play the bulldogs there are all interstate teams. If the AFL wants to accept a Andrews bribe in 2018, why not have two teams from Andrews' state wear the consequences?

I'd be very happy to have games played in regional Vic if they are between two Vic teams.

interstate sides should only ever play at potential finals venues when playing in Victoria. And shouldnt have to play in Tassie until they've got their own side.

davo78

Senior List
Sep 23, 2005
Akershus
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The atmosphere with the sun setting behind the hills at the GWS vs Sydney pre-season game from Lavington Oval in Albury was exceptional.

That whole area has been renovated with a new grandstand plus secondary training oval. Can now hold around 11 000 people.

Albury/Wodonga has a combined population of over 99 000.

I'm surprised the prospect of a game for points hasn't come up before. The NRL and A-league have done it, with the BBL playing an upcoming game on new years eve.
Agree. It was also host to a cricket world cup game back in 1992 (England Vs Zimbabwe). I'm surprised it hasn't been used as a venue for the season proper.

Elmer_Judd

🎷🦍 🍀🏆
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I want the AFL to start playing/fixturing Anzac Day/Rounds in New Zealand/Wellington again.

Power Raid

We Exist To Win Premierships
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fremantle
absolutely

it would not only bring the game to the people but also even out the travelling in the comp if done well

Remove this Banner Ad