Thunderstruck

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2003
Seaford Meadows, SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central District
Now I do this on an annual basis, but this year it is bloody hard to do and no doubt some will disagree and that is fine. This top 50 is based on performances to date in season 2006. Some players have been injured or missed a couple of games and it has affected their ranking accordingly. Eg Judd, if he had have played all games, he would most likely be #1. Same for J.Brown and Hayes, they would be much higher.

1) West
2) Goodwin
3) Bruce
4) Lade
5) Judd
6) S.Burgoyne
7) Goodes
8) Cox
9) J.Brown
10) Chapman
11) Hall
12) Brad Johnson
13) Power
14) McLeod
15) Dal Santo
16) Corey
17) Mitchell
18) J.White
19) Hayes
20) Bartel
21) J.Carr
22) Pavlich
23) G.Ablett
24) Simmonds
25) K.Cornes
26) J.McDonald
27) Scotland
28) Edwards
29) J.Bowden
30) Buckley
31) S.Grant
32) Didak
33) Bassett
34) N.Thompson
35) Ben Johnson
36) S.Black
37) Fevola
38) Wirrpanda
39) Johncock
40) B.Harris
41) Rutten
42) Pettifer
43) Riewoldt
44) Whitnall
45) Cousins
46) C.Fletcher
47) Goddard
48) Johnstone
49) Milburn
50) Yze

Unlucky: Scarlett, Clement, Embley, McLean, Gilbee, Fraser, Swan, O'Keefe, Hodge, Sherman, A.Simpson, Watson, Licuria and Ricciuto.

Yeah, good work :thumbsu:. Fevola a top 20 than a top 40, but that is my opinion, and this is all about your top 50. Can't argue with anything else really.

How the hell can you have S.Grant that high?

Maybe by stats, but this year he has been average. Last 2 weeks have been better.

C.Fletcher gets a lot of the ball but is not effective with it, therefore shouldnt be in top 50 imo. Embley should really take his spot, even though inconsistant at times at least hes more effective with the ball.

irel said:
I must have missed Notting and Charman? Are they on the list or simply not worthy to be in your top 50?:confused: :confused:
I'll take a punt and go for the latter

PS Everyone will cry and scream as to why XXX player from their team isn't included, but I reckon it's not a bad effort.

irel said:
I must have missed Notting and Charman? Are they on the list or simply not worthy to be in your top 50?:confused: :confused:

Instead of saying what's wrong with it why not either a) say what you like about it, or b) do your own?

Good list there, fair crack all things considered (certainly not easy to do) only a couple I'd disagree with but that's footy.

Yer Fletcher is one I debated, I actually did a first top 50 and he wasn't in it and replaced Embley with him for my 2nd one which I posted here. Meh.

Grant prolly a tad high there but no point changing it now.

Von Douche said:
Instead of saying what's wrong with it why not either a) say what you like about it, or b) do your own?

Good list there, fair crack all things considered (certainly not easy to do) only a couple I'd disagree with but that's footy.
Where did I state what's wrong with his list? I asked him a question Von Douchebag.
As for doing my own, I have no interest in doing pointless, meaningless, ego driven lists.

irel said:
Where did I state what's wrong with his list? I asked him a question Von Douchebag.
As for doing my own, I have no interest in doing pointless, meaningless, ego driven lists.

Sticks and stones...

If you have no interest in pointless, meaningless, ego driven lists then why point out that two of your players deserve to be in there and even post in this thread?

Apology accepted :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort Thunderstruck, very hard to do and IMO people get sucked in to naming players on reputation and stats. My only thoughts biased being a Tiger fan, Simmo would be higher on my list due to large amount of influence he has on a game, and Tuck plus Kellaway could have slipped into the unlucky bracket.

irel said:
I have no interest in doing pointless, meaningless, ego driven lists.
If they're pointless and meaningless, why would you even bother responding?

BTW, I wouldn't have Charman or Notting in there either. Top 100 ..... maybe

This list isn't to bad. The top 10 looks good even if it could be rearraged a bit. But Nick Riewodlt is a much better player than 43. He should be in the top 10 and at the very least top 15. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Jeez, Hodge is stiff.

RogerRabbit69 said:
If they're pointless and meaningless, why would you even bother responding?

BTW, I wouldn't have Charman or Notting in there either. Top 100 ..... maybe
Top 150, maybe.

True. Hodge is pretty influential this season IMHO. Has to help hold the backline together, and when asked to help the clearances, he goes in and what do you know, he dominates, but then has to go and do his old job and hold the defence together again.

But then again, we all know Hodge hasn't set the world on fire and hasn't been exactly worth a certain top 50. The call is just a wake up call to Luke i would think. :p

Cassius_Clay said:
Top 150, maybe.

Charman a possible top 50, but yeah, Notting was a suprise to me aswell. Then again, I haven't watched near as much games this year as I have each year for the past 4-5 years.

Don't let Scotlands high possession count fool you. He should be around 150-200. All 15 other sides (except us) would have 10 players better than him. Getting cheap ball in a side that struggles to move the ball well. Constantly racks up 4 meaningless touches in 30 seconds.
Overall good effort!

Scotland is far too high. Maybe would just scrape in my top 50, but highly doubtful.

Whitnall at 43 and Fev at 37. Both would be in my top 20. They've owned their positions all year.

Hodge is stiff. He's been the Hawks Stalwart the whole season.

DG-Man said:
Don't let Scotlands high possession count fool you. He should be around 150-200. All 15 other sides (except us) would have 10 players better than him. Getting cheap ball in a side that struggles to move the ball well. Constantly racks up 4 meaningless touches in 30 seconds.
Overall good effort!
scotland has been outstanding this year and only an idiot like yourself would say any different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back