Preview NAB 3: GC vs Adelaide @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditionally NAB for for us translates into the season.

However, this year it's a bit different. Many teams have used the interchange like they would jave last year. Only a couple of teams have tried to keep the number of interchanges under 90. I am not sure how many interchanges we used in the last two games but I am guessing more than 90 given the conditions and the number of players we used.
They also had a lot more players on the interchange bench, with the obvious desire of giving most of those players roughly equal game time. Grigg being an exception to "most players".

ADELAIDE
2. Brad Crouch, 4. Josh Jenkins, 5. Scott Thompson, 6. Jake Lever, 7. Nathan van Berlo, 9. Rory Sloane, 11. Paul Seedsman, 12. Daniel Talia, 13. Taylor Walker, 14. David Mackay, 15. Kyle Hartigan, 16. Luke Brown, 18. Eddie Betts, 21. Rory Atkins, 24. Sam Jacobs, 25. Kyle Cheney, 26. Richard Douglas, 27. Tom Lynch, 28. Cam Ellis-Yolmen, 29. Rory Laird, 30. Wayne Milera, 31. Jarryd Lyons, 33. Brodie Smith, 36. Dean Gore, 41. Mitch McGovern, 43. Reilly O’Brien, 44. Matt Crouch

No Hampton or Menzel

Damn! Oh well, good to see Crouch back.
I'd assume Cameron, Knight would be ready by round 2-3.

Also looks like Milera will be debuting round 1... We hope!

Menzel to start in the SANFL. No surprise there. From the looks of that DMac is in for r1 which is disappointing, and the club is giving Shooter benefit of the doubt after a strong summer but poor NAB Cup.

Oh yeah and........ WELCOME BACK BROUCH

Position form:

B Lever - Hartigan - Brown
HB Laird - Talia - Cheney
C Seedsman - B. Crouch - Smith
HF Douglas - Walker - Lynch
F Betts - Jenkins - Milera
R Jacobs - Sloane - Thompson

I O'Brien - M. Crouch - Van Berlo - Atkins
I Ellis-Yolmen - McGovern - Lyons - Gore
I Mackay

Missing from Best 22 due to injury: Cameron, Knight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty right sided line-up. I guess guys like Wigg will have to wait for another 15 games of nothing from VB and Mackay before they get a chance.

"Players not selected in Adelaide’s AFL team could line up in the Club’s SANFL trial against South Adelaide at Football Park from 11:00am on Saturday (March 12). Entry is free via the eastern side of the ground, near the Crows players’ race.

Rookie-listed forward Jono Beech, who has missed the past fortnight with a slight hamstring strain, is set to play his first game in Crows colours against the Panthers."

"Charlie Cameron (knee) and Riley Knight (ankle) were unavailable for selection at either level this weekend as they continue their recovery from injury. Ricky Henderson and Andy Otten, who both had surgery in December, have returned to full training and are building towards match fitness."

Out: Menzel, Shaw, Dear, Kelly, Grigg
In: B. Crouch, Talia, Walker, Betts, Jacobs

Not good news for Grigg after what was apparently a great preseason

Menzel not fit enough yet
Shaw just back from injury
Dear same and new to the club
Kelly fringe backman

Every out has another reason to be an out except poor form. Except Griggy:cool:

Position form:

B Lever - Hartigan - Brown
HB Laird - Talia - Cheney
C Seedsman - B. Crouch - Smith
HF Douglas - Walker - Lynch
F Betts - Jenkins - Milera
R Jacobs - Sloane - Thompson

I O'Brien - M. Crouch - Van Berlo - Atkins
I Ellis-Yolmen - McGovern - Lyons - Gore
I Mackay

Missing from Best 22 due to injury: Cameron, Knight
So you'd think that our round 1 side will exclude McGovern, Gore and O'Brien. Then two of Lyons, CEY or Cheney. I think Cheney will play vs the Roos though.

Heading down to AAMI on Sat Morning

Could have a Team like this
F Betts Jenkins Milera

HF Thompson Walker Lynch

C Smith Sloane Douglas

HB Lever Talia Seedsman

B Brown Hartigan Laird

Ruck

Jacobs

B Crouch

M crouch

Interchange

Van Berlo

Atkins

Mackay

Cheney

Lyons

Ellis – Yolmn

F Mcgovern Burns Ramsey

HF Spencely Dear Menzel

C Betts Beech Wigg

HB Hampton O’Brien Carey

B Kelly Shaw Johncock

Ruck

Hunter

Grigg

Gore

Inter

Castree

Wittwer

Lindsay

Leigh

Greenwood

So you'd think that our round 1 side will exclude McGovern, Gore and O'Brien. Then two of Lyons, CEY or Cheney. I think Cheney will play vs the Roos though.

I'd put Milera, Cheney, Atkins, Lyons, Mackay, CEY, Gore, O'Brien, and McGovern as maybes for R1 in decreasing order of likeliness (Milera most likely)

Then we'd bring back Cameron and Knight into the mix

That entire group of 11 players will shrink down to 4 for the bench.

I think at this stage Seedsman and Van Berlo are locks for the side in the coaches' eyes. Menzel and Hampton are gonna get some SANFL time.

So as suspected, VB and Mackay make the cut. They will play the first 6 rounds, be their normal crapness against the better teams and we will again take 1/4 of the season to figure this out.
It's like we wipe our memory at the end of each season. Has anyone checked to see if they have one of these
latest

So thats 4 coaches now who've picked VB and DMac.

VB I can understand, his pre season has been pretty solid and his defensive capacity is good. DMac has had his moments too, although less of them. He usually starts seasons pretty well, so given that we will no doubt see him r1

Heading down to AAMI on Sat Morning

Could have a Team like this
F Betts Jenkins Milera

HF Thompson Walker Lynch

C Smith Sloane Douglas

HB Lever Talia Seedsman

B Brown Hartigan Laird

Ruck

Jacobs

B Crouch

M crouch

Interchange