Nathan Fyfe v Elliot Yeo

Nathan Fyfe or Elliot Yeo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe was widely regarded as the clear #1 player in the comp in 14/15 and picked up some MVP's and a brownlow , since then from 2016-2019:

Yeo -
1x All Australian, in the squad of 40 last season and should've made the team lets be honest
2x Best and Fairest(one in a premiership season)
1x Premiership

Fyfe -
1x Jim Stynes Medal

Let me also add that in 2018(a premiership season) he finished 40 votes clear of 2nd place in the Best and Fairest.....40!

A superstar midfielder is better than a star utility. Fyfed form seems quite imperious this year. He’s an inside player and accumulator plus always an aerial outlet

Fyfe won’t ever get back to his 2015 level though, you can tell he’s 90 percent as strong and leaping as he was
That season was as good as Franklin 2008 until the infamous Sam Mitchell corkie

Fyfe was widely regarded as the clear #1 player in the comp in 14/15 and picked up some MVP's and a brownlow , since then from 2016-2019:

Yeo -
1x All Australian, in the squad of 40 last season and should've made the team lets be honest
1x Premiership

Fyfe -
1x Jim Stynes Medal
Yeah he also broke his leg twice after the 2015 regular season. and played only 1 season where he played the over 70% of the games in the season

It's still Fyfe.

Yeah he also broke his leg twice after the 2015 regular season. and played only 1 season where he played the over 70% of the games in the season

It's still Fyfe.

Getting on the park regularly is part of the reason i'd pick Yeo.

I think Naitanui is the still the most damaging ruck in the game when fully fit. Would i pick him over Grundy or Gawn? Absolutely not.

A superstar midfielder is better than a star utility. Fyfed form seems quite imperious this year. He’s an inside player and accumulator plus always an aerial outlet

Fyfe won’t ever get back to his 2015 level though, you can tell he’s 90 percent as strong and leaping as he was
That season was as good as Franklin 2008 until the infamous Sam Mitchell corkie

Yep, prior to the Round 15 corkie, Fyfe had 29 Brownlow votes from the first 13 games of 2015, including 9 x 3 vote games.
There was a run of 6 games from R4-R9 in which he had 5 x 3 votes and 1 x 2 vote.
In the 4 games in which he didn't get the 3 brownlow votes, he still managed to average 28.5 Disposals with 16.5 Contested Possessions & 7.5 Clearances.

It's still Fyfe.
Yep, prior to the Round 15 corkie, Fyfe had 29 Brownlow votes from the first 13 games of 2015, including 9 x 3 vote games.
There was a run of 6 games from R4-R9 in which he had 5 x 3 votes and 1 x 2 vote.
In the 4 games in which he didn't get the 3 brownlow votes, he still managed to average 28.5 Disposals with 16.5 Contested Possessions & 7.5 Clearances.
If you're injured you can't get votes so IMO Fyfe may be still a good player but is no longer a fantastic player like he was in his heyday.

Fyfe will likely go down as a dual/triple Brownlow winner and probably one of the best WA players ever.
(Premierships won should never be used to say one player is better than another. Some legends have won none and some crabs have won one or two.)

Yeo is a good player (needs better consistency to be considered a great player) but the comparison is laughable.

Fyfe will likely go down as a dual/triple Brownlow winner and probably one of the best WA players ever.
(Premierships won should never be used to say one player is better than another. Some legends have won none and some crabs have won one or two.)

Yeo is a good player (needs better consistency to be considered a great player) but the comparison is laughable.
Don't know why comparisons are made between certain players as it's very rare that 2 players are exactly the same kind of player so therefore very hard to compare. The question more than likely should be probably as to which player is more important to the team they play for??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As evidenced by every neutral and most Eagles supporters in here, it really is a ridiculous comparison. No one is saying Yeo isnt anything other than a terrific player but Fyfe is in that top 3 bracket that is very hard to crack and that brownlow season was just on a different level to anything I've seen. I still remember watching him burst through a pack of 4 Geelong players as if they were under 12's to kick a ridiculous snap goal.

Edit: found the video, amazing strength

Eagles supporters that try to claim its Yeo have to be trolling because its a ridiculous level of delusion otherwise

Last edited:

Yeo -
1x Premiership

Fyfe -
1x Jim Stynes Medal

Yeah?

And guess what? Fyfe is still ten times the player Yeo is.

As evidenced by every neutral and most Eagles supporters in here, it really is a ridiculous comparison. No one is saying Yeo isnt anything other than a terrific player but Fyfe is in that top 3 bracket that is very hard to crack and that brownlow season was just on a different level to anything I've seen. I still remember watching him burst through a pack of 4 Geelong players as if they were under 12's to kick a ridiculous snap goal.

Edit: found the video, amazing strength

Eagles supporters that try to claim its Yeo have to be trolling because its a ridiculous level of delusion otherwise

Lol hardly a ridiculous comparison
The over rating of anything freo by freo supporters is the only thing ridiculous

Last season they were convinced they had a better list and closer to a flag

Comedy gold

The over rating of anything freo by freo supporters is the only thing ridiculous

Comedy gold
So to be clear, you think there ia an argument to be had where Yeo is better than Fyfe despite the fact that every neutral in here says otherwise

Comedy gold

I'll tell you what comedy gold is buddy.

Your post.

Learn to read
I was highlighting how freo numptys think the comparison is ridiculous
What is hard for you to understand here. I am saying its a ridiculous comparison because they aren't close and there is no argument that Yeo is a better player.

I asked you, do you think there is an argument that Yeo is a better player, I take it from your response you dont think there is since you couldnt answer the actual question.

To me, if you dont think there is an argument Yeo is a better player, then its a ridiculous comparison. This seems like a reasonable conclusion to make.

I'll try and break this down even simpler and into one sentence for you;

Fyfe is a far better player than Yeo and there is no argument to be had that Yeo is better, therefore, it is a ridiculous comparison

Wasting your time Snuff, you're dealing with the biggest foamer on this site. You'd have more success at teaching advanced calculus to a doorknob than you would engaging LDV in an objective and unemotional discussion about anything Freo-related.

160 to 34 really says it all.

Wasting your time Snuff, you're dealing with the biggest foamer on this site. You'd have more success at teaching advanced calculus to a doorknob than you would engaging LDV in an objective and unemotional discussion about anything Freo-related.

160 to 34 really says it all.

#closertoaflag

Back