List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll end up with 2 picks between 7 & 15 😏, then we’ll match bids on Owens & Windy in the 20s/30s. Any club having a crack at either of them before 20 will be taking a big reach.

Libba & Gags will land us 4-5 rippers 👍🏼🔥
How do we end up with 2 picks between 7 & 15 again ?

So we are getting rid of Gresham and Steele or Marshall ? Not sure I follow you ?
We go after Richmond’s 2 picks - 7 & 15

I’m not into coming up with trade hypotheticals but I could see Battle heading toRichmond as Chol & CCJ are leaving, while JRoo ain’t far away from retiring.

If we had pick 17 and we genuinely thought he was the best player available then we should take him. I know it sucks to not get the discount but you're meant to grab the best talent available.
Don't agree, I would think our recruiters are smarter than that.....It is worth chancing the discount in lieu the difference of 1 later self rated pick in the late teens.
Lots of talent around this part of the draft so a club would be taking a big gamble to choose either windhager / owens this early

We’ll end up with 2 picks between 7 & 15 😏, then we’ll match bids on Owens & Windy in the 20s/30s. Any club having a crack at either of them before 20 will be taking a big reach.

Libba & Gags will land us 4-5 rippers 👍🏼🔥
Weren’t you telling us, just last… um, yesterday about how you are a realistic poster ? 🤣😉

Whadda ya know?

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don’t know anything. Just a feeling

Potentially, all of Dunstan, Battle, Long, Ross leave… Surely that gives us enough to hold a very good hand

Still reckon something is suss with Coffield’s name being mentioned in an article just after the season finished too. Hope not

Potentially, all of Dunstan, Battle, Long, Ross leave… Surely that gives us enough to hold a very good hand

Still reckon something is suss with Coffield’s name being mentioned in an article just after the season finished too. Hope not
As per The Castle - you're dreaming.

So if we're so adamant it would be disappointing to draft Owens at say.. pick 17, knowing more than any other club what he is capable of, why would other clubs feel comfortable doing the same? Pretty confident he slips through to 25ish and Windhager in the 30s with some chance he gets past 40.

They won't but if they did you don't need to follow other dickheads over the cliff. I think your scenario looks about right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trying to do a rough prediction of the top 20 picks and I just can't see how either of our NGA's get in. I've done the first 13 picks and still need to get
Darcy Wilmot, Josh Goater, Campbell Chesser, Matthew Roberts, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera and Arlo Draper into the remaining 7 spots. There's only 2 vic clubs left between 14 and 20, 1 if the Dogs trade their 17 for late picks to the Suns as was mooted. I feel like the interstate clubs will be more likely to take Vic Country players instead of slightly speculative picks in Owens and Windhager.

Feeling slightly more confident they'll slide out.

Now watch them both go top 20 and Mac Andrew go pick 21.

There are guys that should have been drafted last year that could get a go now too.

As per The Castle - you're dreaming.
Not sure why you’d say that. 2 years ago we had pick 6 & very little else pick-wise & managed to haul Ryder, Doogs, Hill, Jones & Butler

While only giving up Bruce & Acres (and Stuv) along with some later future 2020 picks

You guys have short memories

None of the above four would be a huge loss I believe, but I’d be very unhappy to let Coffield go. And honestly I can’t see it.

While the idea of missing the NGA lads fills me with dread, I'm comforted by the fact that someone would need to be taking a punt on them inside the top 20. It would be a risky move.

It's hard to get a read on where they're really at. One day Owens is a potential top 20, the next it's Windhager.

While the idea of missing the NGA lads fills me with dread, I'm comforted by the fact that someone would need to be taking a punt on them inside the top 20. It would be a risky move.

It's hard to get a read on where they're really at. One day Owens is a potential top 20, the next it's Windhager.
Hopefully this is the last time I speak on the subject until after the trade period, but Windhager should be the more highly rated. Has worked his way through all of the under-age systems, and despite have a knee reco, has shown some form throughout the year.

Owens going before 20 is just fanciful AFAIC. Has been in and out of under-age systems, was dropped from Sandy system during this time. If anyone is drafting him it's because if his potential and athleticism, he doesn't have the body of work that a lot of other draftees have, both this year and throughout their under-age years.

We go after Richmond’s 2 picks - 7 & 15

I’m not into coming up with trade hypotheticals but I could see Battle heading toRichmond as Chol & CCJ are leaving, while JRoo ain’t far away from retiring.
Battle is worth very little unfortunately.

Definitely not worth pick 15, let alone an upgrade from 9 to 7.

A more realistic trade would be Battle and 9 for 14 and 18 (Brisbane) but I'm not overly keen on trading down our pick.

That would value Battle as an early 20's pick.

I have a feeling we will look at splitting our pick now that I've read we are chasing an extra pick before our NGA's.

The only other way it could happen is by trading the likes of Battle and Long and then trying to use those picks to trade up.

The Dogs are the only club I see that would be willing to trade down though and they will have everyone chasing that pick.

Given Horne Francis's performances in the SANFL finals surprised to see Daicos is still No 1.

Split pick 9 for two late teens, take Sinn and Chesser, then take Owens and Windy as NGA's, Skinner and a ruck as DFA's.
Daicos' performances at the start of the year were very dominant. I don't think he had a down game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back