List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions have Will Ashcroft next year, who's likely to go towards top of the draft. The accumulation of points will go a long way to help with their bid.
They already have enough points for Ashcroft and I'm sure they'd prefer to take a first this year rather than lose one for a pick to get eaten up by a father son selection.

All the mail seems to be that they want to take both picks this year.

Fair enough.

Looking at the phantom drafts there's no mid likely at that pick that I'm totally confident in.

Sonsie would probably be my pick but I think we'll be able to trade down and get him which is what I'd be looking at doing.
There'll be enough choice at our pick and l agree Gibcus wouldn't be the worst result.
We'll see what happens on the night as live trading is becoming a big thing as clubs pay through the nose for the exact player they want.
I have a nagging feeling that Chesser might be our boy so we'll trade down. Gags has telegraphed his desire to do business this year.

Lions have Will Ashcroft next year, who's likely to go towards top of the draft. The accumulation of points will go a long way to help with their bid.
Yes but you don't part wuth a first round pick to accumulate points for the next year.
They'd be better off doing nothing and just take Ashcroft with the %20 discount.

If we were to approach them it would have to look like taking their #14, future 1st & 4th, for our #9, f2nd & f3rd or something like that. Otherwise there's no appeal for them.

My head says we would be mad to knock back Gibcus if he slides to our pick.....but my heart says Sinn. I guess I'll be happy either way

StKilda
Talk was abuzz of Sinn being linked to the Saints after the Victorian draft day, where it was revealed he had added six kilograms to his frame. After shooting up further to 191cm, Saints fans will have their hearts in their mouths as to whether Owens will attract a top-20 bid. Could Essendon pounce as early as 11 (pending bids)? However, the most likely outcome is that a bid falls in the second round. Fellow NGA product Windhager, on the other hand, is expected to have his name called in the second-third round range

I get that Gibcus doesn't float everyones boat Key Defenders don't have the same immediate upside or appeal of a young mid or forward we all love to see the attacking flair and possibilities of our draftees and our midfield definately needs a next generation talent.

But more and more the intercepting defender is becoming a key part of the best teams. Lever and May, Allir Allir, McGovern, Grimes and Balta, Tom Stewart, Darcy Moore. Only the Dogs of the top teams are scraping by with Journey man Key defenders and I suspect that with Ugle Hagen and Darcy on the way Naughton could end up going back and being the best of the lot of them.

If he is still on the board at 11 you would be mad to let him slide further. Only possible reason would be if Ward or Hobbs was still available. Reality is they are likely all gone by our pick. We are in that slightly awkward position of being at the tail end of the top tier and faced with potentially having to decide if we bid on the player that has slid out of the top ten or someone who might fit better to our needs

My head says we would be mad to knock back Gibcus if he slides to our pick.....but my heart says Sinn. I guess I'll be happy either way

StKilda
Talk was abuzz of Sinn being linked to the Saints after the Victorian draft day, where it was revealed he had added six kilograms to his frame. After shooting up further to 191cm, Saints fans will have their hearts in their mouths as to whether Owens will attract a top-20 bid. Could Essendon pounce as early as 11 (pending bids)? However, the most likely outcome is that a bid falls in the second round. Fellow NGA product Windhager, on the other hand, is expected to have his name called in the second-third round range

I don't like that article suggesting the Bombers could bid with Dodoro as he is

There seems to be some sort of hope that Ward may slide now that the Hawks have been linked Johnson.

We'd still need a lot of things to go out way for him to make it to our pick though.

Keen to see Twomey's mock draft when it hits
when is Twomey's mock draft? We're only a couple days away from the draft

I don't like that article suggesting the Bombers could bid with Dodoro as he is
It wouldn't be a bid at 13, they'd just he drafting him.

Can't see that happening in front of NWM, Goater, Sonsie and the likes.

Melbourne and the Giants are the only two picks that have me worried.

Happy to hear the Giants are contemplating Howes at 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't be a bid at 13, they'd just he drafting him.

Can't see that happening in front of NWM, Goater, Sonsie and the likes.

Melbourne and the Giants are the only two picks that have me worried.

Happy to hear the Giants are contemplating Howes at 15.
Giants are firming to take a player that is 190cm + at pick 13

He is live now and just said it's coming out tonight. He also reiterated that we are looking at Sinn/NWM but would be tempted by Gibcus as a slider
this has to be one of the most exciting drafts for us. So many different types that are similarly rated. Don't think we can really be unhappy with anyone in the top 20. Plus the drama of our NGAs. Bit of a gamble grabbing so many late picks hoping we land them but it makes for good TV.

Giants are firming to take a player that is 190cm + at pick 13
I’ve heard Caruso say multiple time of a couple of pods they don’t want to take a player that they have similar types to because they know they will just loose them when they don’t get a game. They are stacked with mids. Surely they are gonna try to go key position

Ben Hobbs on the draft live coverage comes across as that typical "future captain material". I don't know if he's too similar to what we have but he said he'd love to be impacting a midfield as soon as possible.

edit:

"I just love to win" "hate just participating" definitely wouldn't mind him here, bring a bit of competitiveness into the club

Ben Hobbs on the draft live coverage comes across as that typical "future captain material". I don't know if he's too similar to what we have but he said he'd love to be impacting a midfield as soon as possible.

edit:

"I just love to win" "hate just participating" definitely wouldn't mind him here, bring a bit of competitiveness into the club

Is probably too similar to what we have but no doubt he will be a good player. It's academic though, I can't see Tigers passing on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back