NBL 2020/21 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Royces Hart

I’m not your therapist
Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Machado back to Cairns on a 2 year deal.

Huge to get Machado and Oliver back. These Cairns re-signings are the biggest the NBL has had in years imo, bigger than Cotton. For a small market team like Cairns to retain such quality guys is huge for the league.
That’s absolutely fantastic, go the snakes.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Tate is off to the NBA, joining Weaver at the Rockets on a 3 year deal.

Personally see him struggling in the NBA. Did very well as a very undersized PF in the NBL where he was able to use his athleticism and speed to make up for his lack of size, won't have those advantages in the NBA though. Not sure he's skilled enough to be a good NBA SG/SF either.

Very surprised he's on a 3 year deal, I would have thought they'd go just the 1 to try him out.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle, The Exers
Tate is off to the NBA, joining Weaver at the Rockets on a 3 year deal.

Personally see him struggling in the NBA. Did very well as a very undersized PF in the NBL where he was able to use his athleticism and speed to make up for his lack of size, won't have those advantages in the NBA though. Not sure he's skilled enough to be a good NBA SG/SF either.

Very surprised he's on a 3 year deal, I would have thought they'd go just the 1 to try him out.
Charles Barkley was an undersized Power Forward at 6'5" and Tate is very much in that mould. I'm not claiming he's on Sir Charles level but he could be a solid sixth man through out his NBA career.

Luuuc

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
That seems like kind of a crazy comparison, but regardless I'm very happy for the guy.
Like BG__ I am surprised - no way I would have picked him to get a 3 year deal right off the bat - but hope he carves out a niche for himself. The more successful NBL -> NBA conversions we see the better it is for our league.

Luuuc

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Adelaide 36ers sign second US Import Tony Crocker
The Adelaide 36ers are proud to announce the signing of second import and former EuroLeague star Tony Crocker for the 2020-21 NBL season.
The Oklahoma native and former NCAA standout from Oklahoma University, Tony’s decade-long pro-career has included significant stints in the Basketball Super League in Turkey and the EuroLeague.
The 6.7ft, 33-year-old forward most recently played with Pinar Karsiyaka in the Turkish Super League and the Basketball Champions League as their swingman. During the 2019-20 season, Tony averaged 10.5 points during the COVID shortened season. He had previously played in the EuroLeague including for powerhouse Khimki Moscow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad